+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

F@l

Star Member
Nov 26, 2020
my guess is that the portal is only for confirming in-Canada PR applicants status. It was not intended for overseas dependents from the very beginning. So, when they say the case is closed, it means that your status as in Canada PA has been confirmed and there is nothing to do more here. All overseas dependent matters will keep on resolving through the GC account and until it shows approved the file of your dependent spouse is in process. But to be sure, it's better to call IRCC to try to clarify. Or even email IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca. and ask what exactly they mean when sending you such a message
That’s exactly my understanding as well

tajindertj

Jul 18, 2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2020
my guess is that the portal is only for confirming in-Canada PR applicants status. It was not intended for overseas dependents from the very beginning. So, when they say the case is closed, it means that your status as in Canada PA has been confirmed and there is nothing to do more here. All overseas dependent matters will keep on resolving through the GC account and until it shows approved the file of your dependent spouse is in process. But to be sure, it's better to call IRCC to try to clarify. Or even email IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca. and ask what exactly they mean when sending you such a message
Thanks. Will give a call and hope they will reply. Waiting eagerly for RFV email. May be somebody else got this email after their PR Card was mailed. Lets see.

LOVEDEEPS

Jul 7, 2021
Hi everyone, I have my PR file in process with Outland dependent, I applied for 18 months work permit and got it recently. Do I need to send web form with my new work permit as my old is expiring next month or it’s not needed,

tajindertj

Jul 18, 2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2020
Hi everyone, I have my PR file in process with Outland dependent, I applied for 18 months work permit and got it recently. Do I need to send web form with my new work permit as my old is expiring next month or it’s not needed,
For PR file no. If file for dependent's Visitor Visa or Open work Permit is in process then do send.

Reactions: LOVEDEEPS

Kevinliu

Oct 21, 2021
I got my copr after 9 days .I just call them and talk to agent he said don’t need to worry because in the first email you mentioned that your dependents is outside Canada and we have that email .
Hi, which country is for your dependent? Thank you

Zeekeem

Star Member
Apr 14, 2020
This is an automated message. Do not reply to this email.
TAJINDER XXXX (XXXXXXXXX),
Congratulations! Your status as a permanent resident is confirmed. An IRCC case worker will be sending you a message with further information through this email address: IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca. To avoid missing our emails, check your junk or spam folder. To view the status of your case, log into your IRCC Permanent Residence Portal account with your current log-in credentials.
You can access the portal using this link: https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca
Thank you,
Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada

Portal says case closed and accepted and got this email as today PR Card got mailed. Does this mean there is hope with dependent's PPR or this portal is different and works on its own. What message they are talking about? Anyone experienced this whilst waiting for PPR.
I got the same email this morning. I already got PPR for my spouse though.

I think the portal is only for inland principal applicant to finalize their PR cards. Because my submitted foto was "in review" before and got accepted this morning along with the declaration & my address on the portal. I hope you get your spouse PPR soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: tajindertj

Kevinliu

Oct 21, 2021
I got the same email this morning. I already got PPR for my spouse though.

I think the portal is only for inland principal applicant to finalize their PR cards. Because my submitted foto was "in review" for a week before and got accepted this morning along with the declaration & my address on the portal. I hope you get your spouse PPR soon.
Hi, did you get portal 2 with Outland dependent ? And you just submitted your photo and address? Didn’t submit your dependent photos? Which country is for your dependent? How long you get Copr and ppr after portal 2 email? Thank you

Shik18

Star Member
Mar 27, 2021
There was a time , I used to check this group every hour, just to see the progress on inland+Outland kind of applications. Now everyone has cleared that stage and discussing next action.
and I am still wait for any kind of update post remedial from last 2 months. I am happy for your guys but at the same time this wait is killing me, why me :(

Reactions: kaur4917

Zeekeem

Star Member
Apr 14, 2020
Hi, did you get portal 2 with Outland dependent ? And you just submitted your photo and address? Didn’t submit your dependent photos? Which country is for your dependent? How long you get Copr and ppr after portal 2 email? Thank you
I only got the Credentials email and submitted my passport, address...I did not submit for dependent.
Dependent Country: Cape town, South Africa
PR confirmation email: 15th October
IRCC Portal email: same day 15th Oct
ECopr available for download: 19th Oct
I had an ongoing Visitor visa application for my outland dependent : withdrawn by IRCC: 20th Oct
PPR for outland dependent: 21st Oct

I hope this answers your question.

Reactions: pradeepmohan

Kevinliu

Oct 21, 2021
I only got the Credentials email and submitted my passport, address...I did not submit for dependent.
Dependent Country: Cape town, South Africa
PR confirmation email: 15th October
IRCC Portal email: same day 15th Oct
ECopr available for download: 19th Oct
I had an ongoing Visitor visa application for my outland dependent : withdrawn by IRCC: 20th Oct
PPR for outland dependent: 21st Oct

I hope this answers your question.
Thank you for sharing

Reactions: Zeekeem

vik.k

May 11, 2015
There was a time , I used to check this group every hour, just to see the progress on inland+Outland kind of applications. Now everyone has cleared that stage and discussing next action.
and I am still wait for any kind of update post remedial from last 2 months. I am happy for your guys but at the same time this wait is killing me, why me :(
feeling is mutual my friend....was thinking the exact thing when I read your comments.....mannnn....I know how you feel....its a left behind feeling....people are discussing next level things and we are stuck at the starting line...

Reactions: kaur4917

Moazali6

Star Member
Feb 25, 2021
feeling is mutual my friend....was thinking the exact thing when I read your comments.....mannnn....I know how you feel....its a left behind feeling....people are discussing next level things and we are stuck at the starting line...
Just a little more wait guys … you will see yourself blooming with happiness within in a couple of weeks .. I Will remember you in prayers