+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

SathyaPriyatharsini

Star Member
Dec 26, 2018
Has anyone got their passport back from the VFS after visa stamping recently? I want to know the turnaround time. I have sent my passport on Oct 12 but haven't received it back. The last update was - "Your application, tracking ID XXXXXXX has been received and is under process at the IRCC Office on Mon Oct 18 2021"
Same timeline for me too ✋

Reactions: mrugs.jani

parthCA

Star Member
Jun 5, 2020
Can anyone please provide a link to download Courier & SMS Request form for India? I already paid premium lounge fee months ago and now i need to attach this form which i cannot find it anywhere

Ketanpatel72

Star Member
Jul 1, 2021
I just got passport after stamp for my spouse. And also got copr Letter for her, but there is no signature of officer on copr. Is it ok or is there any problem to travel?

kk18113930

Star Member
Feb 25, 2021
Is same thing happened to anyone here ?? I got the portal request for both me (principal applicant Canada )and my Outland spouse .even in the first Email I mentioned that my spouse is outside Canada and he never travelled before to Canada but they gave the portal credentials for both of us in the second email ? What should I do now ?please can anybody help me ?

Srisundarcan

Feb 13, 2021
I just got passport after stamp for my spouse. And also got copr Letter for her, but there is no signature of officer on copr. Is it ok or is there any problem to travel?
copr will be signed at the time of landing is what I know. but 100% percent I am not sure. ask experts. ask legal falcon please.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Finally, Just got portal request for my self(PA)

My timeline is below,

Aor 3rd March 21

Got married on 13th April 21

inform IRCC on 16th April 21

Got ADR for spouse docs on 17th May 21

Submitted All Spouse docs on 16th June 21

Got biometric and medical request of spouse on 28th June 21

Complete spouse medical on 1st July 21

Complete biometric on 29th July 21

NO UPDATE AFTER THAT !

GOT first portal email Toady(21st oct 21)

waiting for COPR and PPR

My question is I have already booked for 14th November. I know we can't travel on COPR but is it possible that once I confirm my address and wait for PR card but even if it don't come, can I travel back to India and my friend can ship the PR card to India and I will travel back?

In short Can my friend send PR card to India and can I travel back to Canada ?

@legalfalcon can please share your thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance

Hope everyone will get goodnews soon.
IF you have received a COPR, you have a PR status and you can travel anywhere across the globe. However, to return to Canada you will need a PR card or a PRTD.

If you leave Canada and you receive the PR card after, your friend or relative can ship the card. However, please remember that PR cards when shipped are subject to being confiscated by CBSA unless accompanied by proper authorization. If confiscated, you will have to apply for PRTD, return to Canada and then you can submit a form to CBSA asking for a release of your PR card. There is no penalty and it is not a criminal offence, but on a case by case basis, CBSA may confiscate immigration documents that are being shipped outside Canada.

Manishamahajan58

Oct 19, 2019
IF you have received a COPR, you have a PR status and you can travel anywhere across the globe. However, to return to Canada you will need a PR card or a PRTD.

If you leave Canada and you receive the PR card after, your friend or relative can ship the card. However, please remember that PR cards when shipped are subject to being confiscated by CBSA unless accompanied by proper authorization. If confiscated, you will have to apply for PRTD, return to Canada and then you can submit a form to CBSA asking for a release of your PR card. There is no penalty and it is not a criminal offence, but on a case by case basis, CBSA may confiscate immigration documents that are being shipped outside Canada.
@legalfalcon what if one send photo and all other documents for PR card after PR Approval and them leave Canada and apply PRTD as well in some other country, would it affect the PR Card application.

Ashish_2021

Sep 29, 2021
Is same thing happened to anyone here ?? I got the portal request for both me (principal applicant Canada )and my Outland spouse .even in the first Email I mentioned that my spouse is outside Canada and he never travelled before to Canada but they gave the portal credentials for both of us in the second email ? What should I do now ?please can anybody help me ?
Same Here my outland dependents as well listed in portal. Did raise Web forms & GCMC notes although no response as of now. Try raising Web form to update address for Dependents and your query as well. Hoping they will be looking soon.

Akash P P

Jul 30, 2016
Halifax
Category........
CEC
Happened to me. But don't worry. If your dependent's address in the file is outside Canada, you will get PPR.

Reactions: Ashish_2021