+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

PALASHPAL

Aug 16, 2017
Guys I am really tired with ircc process. Still I am waiting for portal email. It's more than 24 days. I got ready for visa email and my spouse sent passport to vfs on 13th and still she waiting for her passport to back. I don't know how long should I wait to get portal email? Guys any guess ??

SathyaPriyatharsini

Star Member
Dec 26, 2018
Hi Guys, It is the responsibility of the home country to give the PPR right ? hearing some random stuffs like they ll issue PPR only after 3 - 4 months .. is this true ??? whats happening ?

SathyaPriyatharsini

Star Member
Dec 26, 2018
Hi .!!
what the hell..! 3-4 months more .?? Where did you hear this .??.
just random like friends , friends of friends nothing official but i just heard, thought of checking it here... i already quit my job, and i have hell lot of personal matters to be handled before leaving to canada, i need plan for my daughter's school in canada etc etc ... all these stuffs are making me insane.... not in a situation to enjoy our applicaiton approval still waiting for something from ircc ... when is it goin to end....

Maninder9944

Star Member
Apr 13, 2021
just random like friends , friends of friends nothing official but i just heard, thought of checking it here... i already quit my job, and i have hell lot of personal matters to be handled before leaving to canada, i need plan for my daughter's school in canada etc etc ... all these stuffs are making me insane.... not in a situation to enjoy our applicaiton approval still waiting for something from ircc ... when is it goin to end....
Me as a dependent is currently in the same situation .!! Quit my job a year ago !!! Sitting empty handed without job , money , hopeless , tired , sick !!!
I am thinking to apply visitor visa !! But for that we need job letter , which i dont have !!
whats your thoughts on visitor visa .!????

tajindertj

Jul 18, 2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2020
Hi everyone !!
PA applicant with outland dependant(india)
Aor - oct 2020
Portal email - 10 sept 2021
Copr - 14 sept
Waiting for Pr card
NO PPR FOR DEPENDANT
Anyone in same boat ..??
i was thinking to apply for visitor visa for my dependent.!! Is it worth !!! @tajindertj @legalfalcon ?? Anyone already applied ,waiting for visa or got 1 .??? Please reply..?.
U can apply for visitor visa for sure. Even I am thinking to do the same tbh. Gotta figure out something about job letter and other stuff.

mrugs.jani

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-08-2020
Hi everyone !!
PA applicant with outland dependant(india)
Aor - oct 2020
Portal email - 10 sept 2021
Copr - 14 sept
Waiting for Pr card
NO PPR FOR DEPENDANT
Anyone in same boat ..??
i was thinking to apply for visitor visa for my dependent.!! Is it worth !!! @tajindertj @legalfalcon ?? Anyone already applied ,waiting for visa or got 1 .??? Please reply..?.
yes! I am in the same boat as you

tajindertj

Jul 18, 2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2020
HOT TAKE :
It looks like IRCC is reluctant to issue new COPR especially Ottawa office. I feel like first they were busy issuing COPR and resorting Pre March 2020 and then they started primarily upon expired COPR which were post March. May be they are holding our dependents PR until they feel like ok we are done with all expired COPR.
Because travel restrictions (Sep 7) Indian Flight ban doesn't looks like effecting PPR for overseas dependents as dependents from other countries are stuck too. It makes more sense they don't want to issue new COPR until expired ones are dealt with. It's my take. I may be wrong though but couldn't think of any other logic to their stupid decisions.

Reactions: canadavisa000

Maninder9944

Star Member
Apr 13, 2021
HOT TAKE :
It looks like IRCC is reluctant to issue new COPR especially Ottawa office. I feel like first they were busy issuing COPR and resorting Pre March 2020 and then they started primarily upon expired COPR which were post March. May be they are holding our dependents PR until they feel like ok we are done with all expired COPR.
Because travel restrictions (Sep 7) Indian Flight ban doesn't looks like effecting PPR for overseas dependents as dependents from other countries are stuck too. It makes more sense they don't want to issue new COPR until expired ones are dealt with. It's my take. I may be wrong though but couldn't think of any other logic to their stupid decisions.
In this case it could take upto 6 months maybe more !!! We should plan to apply for visitor visa !! I hve heard that guidelines(post 7 sep) are Changed for visitor visa !! New processing times are much lesser (within a month ) wht do you say @tajindertj

Vikaskumaran96

Star Member
Aug 3, 2021
In this case it could take upto 6 months maybe more !!! We should plan to apply for visitor visa !! I hve heard that guidelines(post 7 sep) are Changed for visitor visa !! New processing times are much lesser (within a month ) wht do you say @tajindertj
If you already got your COPR i dont think you can apply PPR for spouse since PR file is also approved and also spouse name is there in your COPR as accompanying dependant

SathyaPriyatharsini

Star Member
Dec 26, 2018
Me as a dependent is currently in the same situation .!! Quit my job a year ago !!! Sitting empty handed without job , money , hopeless , tired , sick !!!
I am thinking to apply visitor visa !! But for that we need job letter , which i dont have !!
whats your thoughts on visitor visa .!????
I already applied once on jan end itself but now that is of no use as ircc asked to withdraw it.. side by side I am thinking to apply again, as this might also trigger them to issue ppr on seeing the UCI linked to approved pr.. let's c.. but why do we need a job offer if we are a immediate family member who is fully vaccinated and wants to reunite with a permanent residence..

SathyaPriyatharsini

Star Member
Dec 26, 2018
HOT TAKE :
If thats the case then should have not issued even a single ppr .. but here some got it and some not ... and also I have seen in someother forum that ppr letter comes from local high commissions so its no longer with ottawa.. if it is India then its going to be ndvo .. and again why are they issuing for some and not for others..