+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

Whateverman

Jul 1, 2020
Can you please help on how to link PR card application to GC Key? is it mandatory? I received PR Portal credential to submit photographs. Is this is the PR application which is required to link with GC Key...
How to link PR Card application to GC Key - https://askkubeir.com/pr-card-application/
Is it mandatory? - No
I received PR Portal credential to submit photographs. Is this is the PR application which is required to link with GC Key... - No, you will upload pictures as instructed in the PR portal. Once you get your eCOPR, then you can link the PR card application to GCKey.

blackhorse123

Sep 1, 2021
Does anyone know or share their experience about timeline after counterfoil update on CIC account to get the passport via courier from Ottawa location. I am an inland candidate (got eCOPR last week) and waiting for Passport with counterfoil for my spouse (Outland candidate in USA). Received the GU for counterfoil for my spouse with today's date (Sept 16, 2021).
Update: My spouse in USA received Passport stamp, COPR with letter saying You can't travel unless there is a travel exemption with all other details.
@nurzohra, Does your spouse able to travel once you (PA) receive COPR? I already got mine few days ago and now my spouse also got hers in USA. I am just concerned about that letter about not to travel. Any opinion or thoughts ?

Rohan4224

Oct 6, 2020
Can i apply for visitor visa for my spouse who is in India? We applied together for PR. CEC Inland with spouse outland. I already got my ECOPR, But nothing for my spouse? AOR- July 9, 2021, Conformation email - 7 sept 2021, ECOPR - 10 Sept 2021. Visa office- Ottawa OSC

tajindertj

Jul 18, 2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2020
Can i apply for visitor visa for my spouse who is in India? We applied together for PR. CEC Inland with spouse outland. I already got my ECOPR, But nothing for my spouse? AOR- July 9, 2021, Conformation email - 7 sept 2021, ECOPR - 10 Sept 2021. Visa office- Ottawa OSC
You can always apply for Visitor Visa for spouse. It has very low success rate but some people do get it. I got rejection for the second time but the very next day I got Portal email. Coincidence: May be. So officers do look at your current file progress and yours (same as mine) is right at the end for spouse. I don't think they will be approving TRV seeing all there is left in the case is Spouse PPR.
Still it's your decision and you can give it a go.

Spouses and partners
Officers should consider the individual circumstances of a foreign national who is being sponsored for permanent residence as a spouse or common-law partner. Factors to consider include, but are not limited to,

• whether the sponsorship application has been approved
  • whether the application for permanent residence has received stage one approval
  • to what extent the applicant has retained ties in their home country
  • what the applicant’s plan is, should their application for permanent residence be refused
If a spouse or partner can satisfy an officer on a balance of probabilities that they will, if their permanent residence application is refused, leave Canada at the end of their authorized period of stay in accordance with section R179, officers may issue a temporary resident visa (TRV).

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/dual-intent-applicants.html

tajindertj

Jul 18, 2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2020
Hi,

Does Re medicals request means all the stages passed?

I called agent now he said eligibility passed, criminality passes, security not started.
Re-medical means somebody is working on your file and at least they are planning to push it forward. Criminality and security get passed within couple of days once they decide to push file all the way, so don't worry much about them.

tajindertj

Jul 18, 2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2020
Any updates on India flight ban? Will they be resuming after election? Can we expect ppr after that ?
No update at the time of writing. US side we can see some positives. If they are waiting until the last day to announce any news means they want to be done with elections first. May be.
Expecting PPR is frustrating and we are looking for hints.
1st it was, may be after 7th September when they allow visitors, why not our dependents. But nothing. Now its Flight ban (specific to India) Lets see if this crossing gives some good news. Then next step would be issuing PR to Outland applicants :rolleyes: and thinking us with them. Ummm highly unlikely but it's IRCC so who knows.

Reactions: SathyaPriyatharsini

drms

Star Member
Mar 16, 2017
No update at the time of writing. US side we can see some positives. If they are waiting until the last day to announce any news means they want to be done with elections first. May be.
Expecting PPR is frustrating and we are looking for hints.
1st it was, may be after 7th September when they allow visitors, why not our dependents. But nothing. Now its Flight ban (specific to India) Lets see if this crossing gives some good news. Then next step would be issuing PR to Outland applicants :rolleyes: and thinking us with them. Ummm highly unlikely but it's IRCC so who knows.
I am seriously curious about what is going on in the minds of IRCC policy makers. It's not like they don't know about inland outland situation. After all these facebook group discussions and twitter campaigns there is no way they are unaware of this.
Also last few days I have not seen any movements at all.. what might be going on..:(:(:(

harshad13

May 9, 2016
Just got off phone from ircc help desk agent.
According to agent they do not have procedure to land overseas dependent .. once they (IRCC office) have clear procedure , responsible office will contact the applicant".....

In short they are full of shit and will keep on giving shity answers to all who call..

drms

Star Member
Mar 16, 2017
Just got off phone from ircc help desk agent.
According to agent they do not have procedure to land overseas dependent .. once they (IRCC office) have clear procedure , responsible office will contact the applicant".....

In short they are full of shit and will keep on giving shity answers to all who call..
What procedure.!!!!! We are not asking to do time travel !! F***ing idiots

Vivek M

Jul 26, 2020
Hi All,
Good Evening,
Do we have any WhatsApp group dedicated to this category-(Primary Inland-Dependents Outland)
Mine is AOR 2nd Oct and still awaiting the results.
Thanks