+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

Pk994

Star Member
Mar 19, 2021
They are providing CoPR to outland applications. Idk why they are being so cruel in our case.

Doesn’t make sense as they are approving for people who has dependents outside Canada . Have requested an update again as if your COPR can be issued or a decision on the primary applicant should be provided . Till what date your medicals are valid ? I mean do they have at least 6 months time ? I was having 4 months left on my medical for my dependents and they asked to get it done again for them so check it out on that side as well

AJ199101

Star Member
Feb 6, 2020
We asked them to atleast issue his CoPR because his health card has expired and they refused to renew it for him unless he provides a BOWP or CoPR. They said they can't do anything because of outland dependant. Is there any use calling them or raising another webform? They have stopped replying to us altogether since May.
Was this response recent ? Things have started to change since last week of June, in this same group we have seen people having dependents getting the copr who are inland and some dependents even getting PPR, I have spoken to atleast a dozen IRCC team and none of them said it should impact the file and COPR will be issued who are exempt from travel irrespective of where there dependant is , as per the IRCC there is nothing inland and Outland and if the applicant is exempt from travel which is if they are in Canada or meet other exempt conditions they will get the COPR . I am perplexed as how much various information we are seeing from different people.

drms

Star Member
Mar 16, 2017
I was thinking about applying visitor visa for my spouse who is outside canada for family reunification purpose as an immediate family member of a temporary resident.
Apart from the chance of rejection due to dual intent, is their any other negative sides to it. Like, will it in anyways impact my PR application. ??
Is there anyone here who tried it before ??

Pk994

Star Member
Mar 19, 2021
Was this response recent ? Things have started to change since last week of June, in this same group we have seen people having dependents getting the copr who are inland and some dependents even getting PPR, I have spoken to atleast a dozen IRCC team and none of them said it should impact the file and COPR will be issued who are exempt from travel irrespective of where there dependant is , as per the IRCC there is nothing inland and Outland and if the applicant is exempt from travel which is if they are in Canada or meet other exempt conditions they will get the COPR . I am perplexed as how much various information we are seeing from different people.
No they told us this first week of June. They told us that we don't need medical anymore and that they aren't approving our application for now because the dependent is outland. We have tried calling them numerous times but haven't been able to get through.
I saw someone here say something about them starting to look into our files since last week and it gives me hope but after 20 months of waiting, it's become very hard to keep my hopes up.

Babamo

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
I've been following this thread for months now. My husband and I have been waiting for 20 months too. Nov 2019. I'm absolutely going crazy. We have tried everything possible and still nothing. Our profile has not been updated since May 2021. They had contacted us for residential proof in May and had told us that all our stages are done and our file is at the last VO at Ottawa for the final decision but nothing on the online profile. We had a case worker look into it too via my husband's local MP and she was told the same thing that it's pending final decision.
That was in May. It's been 2 months since then and still nothing.
We have applied for his BOWP and SOWP for me but from the look of things idk how much I can relay on that either.
My visiting visa was rejected twice under dual intent. Idk what more to do or who to turn to for help. I feel truly helpless and depressed. My career and our family has been on hold for 2 years.
Same situation here. All stages cleared but decision pending. I submitted SOWP for my wife since February 8 but no decision yet. It's now 5 months.

Pk994

Star Member
Mar 19, 2021
I was thinking about applying visitor visa for my spouse who is outside canada for family reunification purpose as an immediate family member of a temporary resident.
Apart from the chance of rejection due to dual intent, is their any other negative sides to it. Like, will it in anyways impact my PR application. ??
Is there anyone here who tried it before ??
Is your wife working? She will have to prove strong ties to the home country. Please let me know if you do apply.
I'm considering applying for it but I quit my job when covid got worse in India (I'm a dentist) and now idk what to show for ties to home country and financial proof anymore.

mrugs.jani

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-08-2020
I don't understand what IRCC want! They are not processing files with outland dependants, and on top of that, they are not even approving their Travel exemption (Tried more than 6 times). I have 20 months old daughter and I haven't seen her for 20 months. Is there a way I can bring my family to Canada while we are waiting for the final decision to be made on our PR application? @legalfalcon do you have any idea why are they being so difficult?

drms

Star Member
Mar 16, 2017
Is your wife working? She will have to prove strong ties to the home country. Please let me know if you do apply.
I'm considering applying for it but I quit my job when covid got worse in India (I'm a dentist) and now idk what to show for ties to home country and financial proof anymore.
Yes she is working. We applied for SOWP but was rejected.

Pk994

Star Member
Mar 19, 2021
Despite showing that she has a job?! I don't understand what more these people want! Besides the SOWP is associated with your WP right! What would she do staying there when your permit expires! Is IRCC dumb in the head somehow!

harry0207

Dec 6, 2020
Despite showing that she has a job?! I don't understand what more these people want! Besides the SOWP is associated with your WP right! What would she do staying there when your permit expires! Is IRCC dumb in the head somehow!
If you are a tourist, then I totally understand that they should prove they won’t overstay. But IRCC wants other temporary residents like students or workers to prove that they will leave after their visa expires, but don’t you need immigrants? You fucktards

• Haha
Reactions: Yubsco