+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

Dugal

Star Member
Apr 23, 2021
Then it is highly likely your file would have been fully approved and you might see some good news very soon . I would recommend to give a cal to IRCC tomorrow morning and check it out and let us know if that is the case
I will call them on Thursday or Friday, tomorrow I am busy. Thanks for your response!

mem.ar=June

Star Member
Sep 18, 2020
App. Filed.......
Ar - 21 June 2019
AOR Received.
Aor - 18 July 2019
Med's Request
Upfront Medical done In july
Med's Done....
Medical Passed in July
Passport Req..
Passport request - Oct 2021
LANDED..........
Landed - Nov 2021
M really getting frustrated
Applied since june 2019
Everything is passed(from gcms notes)
Security not started
Waiting for dm
Its been 24 months

Jayboy1

Jun 9, 2021
Hi Guys,

I am new to this group and would really appreciate any advice I can get.

My PR got approved on May 14th, 2021 but I have an outland dependent (spouse). Only my CoPR letter was uploaded to the portal, but they said the local visa office from my outland dependents country (Accra) will send a request for her passport.
  1. Does anyone know how long this will take?
  2. I have seen some thread where the dependents used the PA CoPR letter to submit their passport, does this actually work?
Hello Nwachuku,

My situation is similar to yours because I have an Outland dependant. I received PR portal email since June 5, I replied the same day but they have not sent me the second email. I am guessing they didn’t respond because of my Outland dependant. Ottawa VO

1) Did you state that your spouse was not in Canada in your response to the first email ?

2) Also, has your dependant received her PPR because my dependant VO would likely be in Accra??

3) Is it possible for the dependant to use the PA’s COPR ??

athy

Jul 28, 2017
Hi Guys,

I am new to this group and would really appreciate any advice I can get.

My PR got approved on May 14th, 2021 but I have an outland dependent (spouse). Only my CoPR letter was uploaded to the portal, but they said the local visa office from my outland dependents country (Accra) will send a request for her passport.
  1. Does anyone know how long this will take?
  2. I have seen some thread where the dependents used the PA CoPR letter to submit their passport, does this actually work?
Hello

Did ur wife got passport request ?

I'm also in same situation as my husband is in canada and I'm in India . We got confirmation mail on June 2nd and send UCI and other details as required but didnt get portal credentials mail after that.

Now some are saying as dependent is outland we wont get portal credential mail and copr.

So just want to cross check

yasirhashmi15

Sep 19, 2019
Hi All
Similar situation. I am the CEC Inland PA and my spouse is in Nigeria. It seems like the background checks etc has been completed and is now awaiting final decision.

Then I came across this:

https://www.cicnews.com/2021/06/canada-put-their-immigration-applications-on-hold-for-having-dependents-overseas-0618078.html#gs.2wsple

It seems like they are putting it on hold on purpose!
Hopefully borders open soon.
@D.benson It says some applicants. I wonder on what basis they decide to send PPR/COPR to some applicant when their dependents are outland.

stuartman

May 20, 2021
Ok, guys - I want to give some hope! I called IRCC today to know whats happening since i passed on my information to prove my residential address. The agent said everything is passed and looking good and they are finalizing the application. I don't know how long that will take. But note, in the portal I still see basic update saying we are reviewing your eligibility!
Hi Ash, have you got any update yet? It looks like there have been some movements on other people's cases.

Jayboy1

Jun 9, 2021
Hello,

I received PR portal email on June 5 Ottawa VO, I responded the same day but IRCC sent another message again today that I should provide them with the right/requested information.

I was expecting the credential email, only for them to ask me to provide the same information that I already gave them.

Here is the response that IRCC keeps rejecting:

Principal Applicant

ü Name: xxx
ü UCI: xxxx
ü Email :Xxx@GMAIL.COM
ü Original entry date: January 2016
ü Date of last time entered Canada: April 14, 2020
ü Location(Port of Entry):TORONTO ( Toronto Pearson International Airport )

Dependant

I chose option A for the email. My dependant is outside Canada and has never been to Canada. therefore, I am leaving the entry date empty:

ü Original entry date:
ü Date of last time entered Canada:
ü Location(Port of Entry):

Question 1: Those of you guys that have outside dependant or those that have passed the first email stage. Is there any format to responding to the first email ?

Question 2: My dependant has never been in Canada. Please, Am I missing any information ???

I’d really love your input !

Reactions: athy and gps2089

yasirhashmi15

Sep 19, 2019
Hello,

I received PR portal email on June 5 Ottawa VO, I responded the same day but IRCC sent another message again today that I should provide them with the right/requested information.

I was expecting the credential email, only for them to ask me to provide the same information that I already gave them.

Principal Applicant

Dependant

I chose option A for the email. My dependant is outside Canada and has never been to Canada. therefore, I am leaving the entry date empty:

ü Original entry date:

Question 1: Those of you guys that have outside dependant or those that have passed the first email stage. Is there any format to responding to the first email ?

Question 2: My dependant has never been in Canada. Please, Am I missing any information ???

@Jayboy1 When you received a PPR, did you informed them that your dependent is not in Canada?

athy

Jul 28, 2017
Hello,

Principal Applicant

Dependant

ü Original entry date:

I'm also in the same situation,my husband is in canada and I'm in India. We got PR portal mail on 2nd June and responded on the same day.No reply after that.

We are also a bit confused whether we have replied properly, so anyone who have passed this stage pls guide

nwachuku

Star Member
May 4, 2020
Hello

Did ur wife got passport request ?

I'm also in same situation as my husband is in canada and I'm in India . We got confirmation mail on June 2nd and send UCI and other details as required but didnt get portal credentials mail after that.

Now some are saying as dependent is outland we wont get portal credential mail and copr.

So just want to cross check
Hi, no she hasn't gotten a passport request yet. I did email Ottawa and also wrote a letter to the Windsor office where I submitted my passport but I have not gotten a response from anyone. I called IRCC 2 days ago and the call rep I spoke with said since she is outside Canada she will only be attended to when they lift travel ban.

Reactions: Sukhvaas

nwachuku

Star Member
May 4, 2020
Hello Nwachuku,

My situation is similar to yours because I have an Outland dependant. I received PR portal email since June 5, I replied the same day but they have not sent me the second email. I am guessing they didn’t respond because of my Outland dependant. Ottawa VO

1) Did you state that your spouse was not in Canada in your response to the first email ?

2) Also, has your dependant received her PPR because my dependant VO would likely be in Accra??

3) Is it possible for the dependant to use the PA’s COPR ??

I have emailed them to confirm that my dependent is outside Canada and I even attached a printed letter when I submitted my digital photo for PR card.
I called IRCC 2 days ago and they said the delay is because of the travel ban which they anticipate will be lifted towards the end of the summer.