+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

Empero993

Apr 8, 2021
Hello,
I have a non-accompanying dependent in my PR application and my current status is all stages passed. She is my 7 years old daughter. I was thinking to change her to accompanying now but i am worried about the delay. Does “non-accompanying” and “accompanying” matter? Anyone has gone through such situation?
AOR : August 17th 2020
She is outland btw

Nov 21, 2020
No...not yet hope next week because it was late in they when they emailed me.... its kinda hard to wait from 2018 and now its 2021 all most 2.5 years
I've been away 1.5 years and its painful. I don't know what 2.5 years feels like but I hope your file gets processed soon.

Please do keep us posted with your wife's status and passport request.

EE121219

Apr 11, 2021
Thanks for the reply.
Yes, I have called them many times. But they are asking me to wait for my COPR.
Can I apply AL for her? Is there any possibility that she can get AL?
Thanks
I am in the same situation.PPR for my spouse on february 02,2021,got stamped and COPR on February 11,2021 from NDVO.I haven’t receive my COPR stuck at print que since Feb 02,2021 PQ-DOC-4712-4 expiring on July 28,2021.Note 1 says “o/s dependent -landing deferred “ on February 03,2021.
Did you receive your GCMS note recently?

Last edited:

Bello.Scott

Star Member
Feb 11, 2018

Rama.M

Apr 12, 2021
Oh thank you F@I I thought I might be going crazy this morning thinking about withdrawing my hubby's visitor application and trying SOWP. And I totally agree with you paying for these extra fees is ridiculous!.
Hi Zeekeem & F@I, Can we apply for this SOWP directly in case of Outland spouse. In my Understanding the Open work permit can be applied only after my spouse is landed in Canada with Visitor Visa?

Advance Thanks for your clarification, We are also applied for the PR and looking for a Temporary Visa since PR is taking very longer than usual..

Kumaran1

Apr 4, 2021
I am in the same situation.PPR for my spouse on february 02,2021,got stamped and COPR on February 11,2021 from NDVO.I haven’t receive my COPR stuck at print que since Feb 02,2021 PQ-DOC-4712-4 expiring on July 28,2021.Note 1 says “o/s dependent -landing deferred “ on February 03,2021.
Did you receive your GCMS note recently?
No, didnt apply for a gcms.
Hoping we will get our copr soon.

F@l

Star Member
Nov 26, 2020
Hi Zeekeem & F@I, Can we apply for this SOWP directly in case of Outland spouse. In my Understanding the Open work permit can be applied only after my spouse is landed in Canada with Visitor Visa?

Advance Thanks for your clarification, We are also applied for the PR and looking for a Temporary Visa since PR is taking very longer than usual..
No you can actually apply for the SOWP at the same time as yours if your are renewing your PGWP, they will treat it as 2 separate application but it will be approved at the same time

Nov 21, 2020
Finally got request letter .... they told me to submit web form for Virtual Landing and address of spouse so they can send the passport submission request
This is excellent news!! Congratulations.

This gives me hope because it seems like they are working on passport requests for overseas dependents. Given that you waited for 2.5 years means they are likely clearing up the backlog first. Please keep us posted!