+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

Canada Job aspire

Jun 26, 2020
hi everyone, i am actively following the instagram and twitter page. i would love to share my story in video form but i am camera shy. hence, i have attached my story below: I know its long but its worth reading. @iravlad

My name is 'Tola , a 27 year old mother and wife who as not seen her family in 28 months and a total of 52 months from first entry date been December 3rd,2016. I have been separated from my first daughter ( currently 5 years old) for 4 years. I left her with her father at the age of 1 due to her visa denied and reason been “ not convinced she was going to leave at the end of her stay” .My husband as also been deprived of a father daughter relationship with our second child who as only spent a total of 3 months with her father since she was born in 2017 ( she will be 4 years old in May).

I submitted an express entry (CEC) application June 3rd 2020 and based on my recent gcms note and call to cic few days ago, there as been no movement on my application since October 15, 2020. I am part of the express entry category separated for years from immediate family. This delay in application processing as caused and still causing my family a lot of money and time in therapy just to keep sane. The distance is destroying me and as began to take a toll on my youngest daughter. She as developed difficulty in relating with people as she does not have any kid her age to relate with. Covid is a trying time for us all and how nice would it be if she had her sister here as a playmate.

I am currently battling depression and anxiety with no immediate nor extended family to help me get through it. Covid restricted my travel plan to visit my family in 2020 and after moving the plan to 2021, I was hit by the hotel quarantine rule of $2000 which I can not afford hence, another opportunity cut shut right in my eyes. My family is an integral part of my life. However, being physically away for so long as deprived me a chance to raise my first daughter and my husband a chance to be a father to our second daughter. The painful thing is we don’t know when this will end and seeing applications get processed in 2 months while someone like me is been told (by cic representative) all I need is for the officer in charge of my file to verify my biometrics so as to move the application to the next stage (security).

Please, kindly help me in whichever way you can. I just want to see my kids grow up together, be a mother to both of them and a wife to my young husband who also doesn’t deserve this. Please help me to reunite with my family.

Thank You
I can really connect every word of yours. Do not worry you will pass this through soon and get united with your family. Hoping for a light at the end of the tunnel soon.

Reactions: Mariam t and F@l

mehtaniyati16

Nov 26, 2018
Got COPR today
CEC Inland with ouland dependent!!
AOR 29 May 2020
Copr: Feb 18 2021
No interview call
VO: Ottawa
Biometrics done: 21 Oct 2020
Background check completed 11 feb 2021
Med passed: 20 July 2020
Spouse COR: India

Spouse came to canada on visitor Visa on 16 Nov 2020
He already had visitor visa from before !!
I have some hope now reading this.

mehtaniyati16

Nov 26, 2018
Apply for SOWP and a travel authorization folks, that's the only way you can bring your spouse into the country. My spouse just arrived and we got an email from cic on Friday for our CoPR address confirmation.

We should be getting our CoPR soon
Can you pls let me know how you informed IRCC that your spouse is in Canada??

sarvana92

Feb 24, 2020
SWhat do we usually specify in purpose of visit
We briefed our relationship timeline in the purpose of visit which was long distance for a year. Further quote we intend to immigrate to Canada in long-term as permanent residents mentioning our PR application number.however due to covid not knowing when we will get our decision is causing psychological trauma and anxiety attacks with sleepless nights. With these things brief, requested for visitors visa for short stay in Canada as visitor for family reunion. Also mentioned my wife's job in India, that upon expiration of visitors status or the requested time for stay my wife will exit Canada to resume her employment in India.

Reactions: Nanos

Mariam t

Star Member
Feb 18, 2020
hi everyone, i am actively following the instagram and twitter page. i would love to share my story in video form but i am camera shy. hence, i have attached my story below: I know its long but its worth reading. @iravlad

My name is 'Tola , a 27 year old mother and wife who as not seen her family in 28 months and a total of 52 months from first entry date been December 3rd,2016. I have been separated from my first daughter ( currently 5 years old) for 4 years. I left her with her father at the age of 1 due to her visa denied and reason been “ not convinced she was going to leave at the end of her stay” .My husband as also been deprived of a father daughter relationship with our second child who as only spent a total of 3 months with her father since she was born in 2017 ( she will be 4 years old in May).

I submitted an express entry (CEC) application June 3rd 2020 and based on my recent gcms note and call to cic few days ago, there as been no movement on my application since October 15, 2020. I am part of the express entry category separated for years from immediate family. This delay in application processing as caused and still causing my family a lot of money and time in therapy just to keep sane. The distance is destroying me and as began to take a toll on my youngest daughter. She as developed difficulty in relating with people as she does not have any kid her age to relate with. Covid is a trying time for us all and how nice would it be if she had her sister here as a playmate.

I am currently battling depression and anxiety with no immediate nor extended family to help me get through it. Covid restricted my travel plan to visit my family in 2020 and after moving the plan to 2021, I was hit by the hotel quarantine rule of $2000 which I can not afford hence, another opportunity cut shut right in my eyes. My family is an integral part of my life. However, being physically away for so long as deprived me a chance to raise my first daughter and my husband a chance to be a father to our second daughter. The painful thing is we don’t know when this will end and seeing applications get processed in 2 months while someone like me is been told (by cic representative) all I need is for the officer in charge of my file to verify my biometrics so as to move the application to the next stage (security).

Please, kindly help me in whichever way you can. I just want to see my kids grow up together, be a mother to both of them and a wife to my young husband who also doesn’t deserve this. Please help me to reunite with my family.

Thank You
thanks to everyone for the word of encouragement.
However, i am planning to try the TRV (family reunification). i feel at this point, that is the only option i have not explored. i know it could either be a yes or no response. But i need help with the following
  1. is it advisable to apply for TRV for both spouse and daughter or SOWP and TRV?
  2. for those that did apply and got approved, did you do another medical or submitted the one you used for PR application @sarvana92
  3. Spouse medical expires june 2021
  4. can i use just my financial statement as proof of funds instead of my spouse's bank statement?

Whateverman

Jul 1, 2020
Hi People,

Has anyone applied for the work permit extension? We are allowed to apply under PGWP extension under new policy or BOWP.. Which once did you choose? It is so confusing which way to go..

Thank you!

tajindertj

Jul 18, 2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2020
Hi People,

Has anyone applied for the work permit extension? We are allowed to apply under PGWP extension under new policy or BOWP.. Which once did you choose? It is so confusing which way to go..

Thank you!
I did on last Friday. U can go for extension if
  1. Your post-graduation work permit (PGWP)
    1. expired on or after January 30, 2020, or
    2. will expire within 4 months from the date you apply for this open work permit.
  2. You were in Canada as of January 27, 2021, when the public policy took effect, and have stayed in Canada since then.

FOLLOW THIS IF ABOVE APPLIES FOR YOU.
  • You would like to work temporarily.
    • Answer either less than or more than 6 months.
  • You must select worker as your current immigration status.
  • Answer “yes” when asked
Does one of the following apply to you:

• I am subject to a removal order that is unenforceable
  • I applied for a study or work permit before entering Canada which was approved, but not issued at a port of entry
  • I am in primary or secondary school, or a visiting or exchange student, in Canada with visitor status
  • I am applying for an open work permit under an active public policy or pilot program announced by IRCC
  • I am a student who has completed a program of study that is a prerequisite to my enrolment at a designated learning institution with visitor status in Canada
  • I applied for permanent residence and was found eligible (first stage approval) under one of the following classes:
    • Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada
    • Humanitarian and Compassionate cases
    • Protected Persons in Canada
    • Live-in Caregiver in Canada
Upload the correct documents
You need to include the documents listed in your application, including

• a letter that says you’re applying for an open work permit under the Public Policy Facilitating the Issuance of an Open Work Permit to Former or Current Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) Holders

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/students/pgwp-extend.html

Mariam t

Star Member
Feb 18, 2020
As anyone who applied under the PGWP extension under public policy and got approved receive the refund below as stated on the website.?

open work permit fee
  • You’ll be asked to pay this fee up front, but you’ll be automatically refunded once your application is being processed.

Nneoma.muna

Dec 13, 2018
SK
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Nomination.....
Sk
AOR Received.
06-04-2019
Med's Request
10-09-2019
Med's Done....
26-10-2019
Passport Req..
26-04-2021
LANDED..........
30-04-2021

Thank You
hello, if yo are seeing this and your work permit is yet to be approved and you are still within the 90days. i will advice you withdraw your work permit and reapply. add your dependents to your work permit application as accompany. they will grant them visa. the you need to only worry about travel authorization for them. and that one someone recently provided an hack to the travel authorization to get it approved which i am recently doing now.

Zeekeem

Star Member
Apr 14, 2020
Hey guys, please what is the processing time for the trv stamp on passport after getting a work permit approved?.
I really need to go see my hubby after 18months apart. But I've submitted the application for the stamp since feb 18th. Usually it takes like 2 weeks before covid right but this is over 1 month now. #sad

tajindertj

Jul 18, 2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2020
As anyone who applied under the PGWP extension under public policy and got approved receive the refund below as stated on the website.?

open work permit fee
  • You’ll be asked to pay this fee up front, but you’ll be automatically refunded once your application is being processed.
will let you know once that happens. I got approved yesterday for 18 months