+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

F@l

Star Member
Nov 26, 2020
In my case WP validity was Expiring on 9th March 2021, I was waiting for PR (AOR July 28 2020) but no Response so i applied for BOWP on Feb 22 2021, My BOWP got approved Yesterday 9 March 2021 and is valid till 8th March 2022. Yet to receive hard copy.
I know BOWP is only valid for a year but the new policy for PGWP it’s 18 months validity. Your BOWP only got approved yesterday, you will receive the hard copy in the mail within a week or so.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/students/pgwp-extend.html

vd108

Feb 3, 2021
It’s usually a month but because of covid it’s taking a bit longer. Do you have a PGWP or just a regular Open WP?
I have an open work permit which is expiring in june21. Since i have to extend it, i was thinking to apply for SOWP for my spouse(she’s is an outland applicant in my ongoing CEC file).

so these days, SOWP takes only a month to get approved right!

Toks01

Jun 7, 2017
Am also looking at this option but again am still trying to consider PR process now that it's over 10months waiting. Please how long did it take for your spouse to get SOPW. Thanks
Applied back in April 2020 and I started applying for authorization as far back as October 2020 but the letter and application was approved first week of February, I think adding that my spouse will be staying here till the expiration of my permit (long term) and that we have a PR application in progress help us with getting the authorization letter approved.

My apologies for the late response

Reactions: Yubsco

mrugs.jani

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-08-2020
Hi Guys! I am an inland applicant with my spouse and 1-year-old daughter are dependants in the outland. My wife holds a visitor permit but not my daughter, is the a way I can bring them both here?

F@l

Star Member
Nov 26, 2020
Hi Guys! I am an inland applicant with my spouse and 1-year-old daughter are dependants in the outland. My wife holds a visitor permit but not my daughter, is the a way I can bring them both here?
You will have to apply for a visitor visa for your daughter then travel authorization for them to be exempt from the travel restrictions

F@l

Star Member
Nov 26, 2020
I have an open work permit which is expiring in june21. Since i have to extend it, i was thinking to apply for SOWP for my spouse(she’s is an outland applicant in my ongoing CEC file).

so these days, SOWP takes only a month to get approved right!
Don’t quote me on that, but that’s usually the timeline. Also because your work permit is expiring in June 2021, don’t wait until last minute to renew it especially given the fact that you don’t know when you’re going to get the BOWP nor the COPR. Remember we have to maintain a valid status while our PR is in process

tajindertj

Jul 18, 2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2020
Hey guys I have follow up questions.
1. SOWP, Does my wife need an upfront medical exam? (Outland- India)
2. How to apply my BOWP and her SOWP together?
3. Any recent timeline idea for , If SOWP applied together and individually, both.

Thanks in advance for all the help

mrugs.jani

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-08-2020
You will have to apply for a visitor visa for your daughter then travel authorization for them to be exempt from the travel restrictions
Yeah but the problem is current processing time as per their site is 200Days :)

candlelight

Dec 12, 2019
Hi just got the GCMS notes and in the group name it is mentioned as COVID Split print. What does that mean? So until my dependents join they wont issue COPR?

Whateverman

Jul 1, 2020
Hi just got the GCMS notes and in the group name it is mentioned as COVID Split print. What does that mean? So until my dependents join they wont issue COPR?
I have the same thing... I think that means that until travel restrictions are in place we are doomed.

swapanathorat

Apr 5, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
9 Oct 2020
Med's Request
07-09-2021
Med's Done....
20-0-1981
Wow great news
Which country? And if you don't mind can you please share timeline of SOWP.
We applied for visitor visa on 5 dec 2020. No updates. Student permit for son on 5 dec., no update, Sowp on 26 feb and no updates on that too. Really frustrated. Aor Oct 9

sarvana92

Feb 24, 2020
Application type: CEC
PA residence: Canada in PGWP
Dependent residence: India
AOR: 01-Dec-2020
Medical: 25-Jan-21
PA biometrics: 26-Jan-21
Dep biometrics: 25-Feb-21

Recently my wife got her visitors visa approved and waiting for stamping.

Once she enters Canada with TRV as visitor, am I supposed to update my wife's residence to Canada in the PR application?