NOC Code......
NOC B
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
20-04-2020
AOR Received.
21-05-2020
Sorry if my question is dumb, but isn't SOWP applicable only for the cases when our dependent applicant is physically present in Canada? At least that's what I found when I was doing my research for my wife's BOWP. She is the main applicant (inland) in our application.
It's not a dumb question bro. Am in the same situation as you with my wife as principal applicant. I did all research and what you ask is the same thing I saw. I also want to apply for SOWP but am worried.

Reactions: F@l and shredder

bagyinak

Feb 10, 2021
It's not a dumb question bro. Am in the same situation as you with my wife as principal applicant. I did all research and what you ask is the same thing I saw. I also want to apply for SOWP but am worried.
I personally know people who have applied to bring Outland spouses and dependents through SOWP. So basically SOWP for spouse and Visitor Visa for child. It’s hard to really know what these guys want is to do. Extremely frustrating.

abhishek93

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Sorry if my question is dumb, but isn't SOWP applicable only for the cases when our dependent applicant is physically present in Canada? At least that's what I found when I was doing my research for my wife's BOWP. She is the main applicant (inland) in our application.
Referring to the link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/exemption-codes/public-policy-competitiveness-economy.html

In the Spouses or common-law partners of bridging open work permit (BOWP) holders section, no such restriction is mentioned.

I hope it does not come with an asterisk!

abhishek93

Star Member
May 5, 2017
I personally know people who have applied to bring Outland spouses and dependents through SOWP. So basically SOWP for spouse and Visitor Visa for child. It’s hard to really know what these guys want is to do. Extremely frustrating.
May sound a trivial thing to ask: if an outland spouse gets approved for SOWP, do they apply for TRV counterfoil separately or is it a part of the SOWP application process?

shredder

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
11-09-2020
LANDED..........
27-04-2022
Thanks for sharing this! Much appreciate!
Looks like a decent way to go forward and reunite with my other half until our application is finalized.

Reactions: abhishek93

F@l

Star Member
Nov 26, 2020
There’s no such thing as a dumb question, we’re helping each other out.
to answer your question, the dependent doesn’t have to be physically in Canada. They qualify for a SOWP based on the eligibility of the PA who hold a work permit

Reactions: shredder

abhishek93

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Sorry for turning this thread into SOWP, but could anybody explain what does the 'Purpose of Travel - Other' should contain for SOWP applications and how detailed the doc should be? As a dependent spouse, the primary purpose is to be with my spouse in Canada for family reunification (I think pending PR application is further proof), which in some sense contradicts that the person will leave Canada. For regular TRVs, it makes sense to attach return tickets and job leave approval, etc., but how does one show temporary intent in this case?

I'd appreciate any advice!

bartemiousdjini

Apr 15, 2019
Hi all, I have positive update on my application, thought I'd share them with the group. My spouse and I were approved for PR pre-March 18, CoPR issued etc. She is in Germany, I am in Canada. Long long looong delays hurdles back-and-forth with IRCC via webform, IRCC Calgary office, MP office, etc, etc - could not work it out with IRCC to get us PR status.
Fast forward to today, after exhausting all avenues, she has recently gotten her visitor visa followed by the travel authorization request approval via email. Meanwhile, I got an email invitation to the PR profile portal (some portal system IRCC has incorporated in last 6-8 months for PR landing) - I'm hopeful once she is in-land, they will give us PR via that portal.
Has anyone else been through similar process? Any learnings to share?

tajindertj

Jul 18, 2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2020
thanks all in advance for clearing doubts and sticking together.
I have a question:
My AOR is March 22, 2020. Waiting for file for so long like rest of us. My Open work permit expires on 28 June, 2021. If I apply for BOWP in starting of june can I also apply for SOWP in the same application? or I need to wait for my copy to be received then go for SOWP. ( wife in India, never been to Canada, secondary applicant on CEC application)

F@l

Star Member
Nov 26, 2020
thanks all in advance for clearing doubts and sticking together.
I have a question:
My AOR is March 22, 2020. Waiting for file for so long like rest of us. My Open work permit expires on 28 June, 2021. If I apply for BOWP in starting of june can I also apply for SOWP in the same application? or I need to wait for my copy to be received then go for SOWP. ( wife in India, never been to Canada, secondary applicant on CEC application)
Don’t wait until June to apply, you can apply at 4 months before your expiry date. And No you can include her in the application you don’t have to wait for your copy.

vd108

Feb 3, 2021
Apply for SOWP and a travel authorization folks, that's the only way you can bring your spouse into the country. My spouse just arrived and we got an email from cic on Friday for our CoPR address confirmation.

We should be getting our CoPR soon
Hello Dear,

Would you mind sharing some more information related to your SOWP application?.. Thanks in advance.

1). How long it took to process SOWP from IRCC's end? (appreciate it if you provide the exact date of your application)
2). What was your case....!... Did you applied for the SOWP and BOWP together OR you initially applied for the BOWP once it gets approved and then apply for the SOWP? OR since you had an open workpermit you just applied for the SOWP only.
3). I assume, you guys received COPR right after your dependent landed in Canada. Is that Correct?
4). What was the total fees you paid for the SOWP including TRV?

Your time and effort are highly appreciated.

Thanks

vd108

Feb 3, 2021
Don’t wait until June to apply, you can apply at 4 months before your expiry date. And No you can include her in the application you don’t have to wait for your copy.

how long it takes to get the approval of SOWP, in this case!

M Sudhanan

Jan 20, 2021
In my case WP validity was Expiring on 9th March 2021, I was waiting for PR (AOR July 28 2020) but no Response so i applied for BOWP on Feb 22 2021, My BOWP got approved Yesterday 9 March 2021 and is valid till 8th March 2022. Yet to receive hard copy.

Zeekeem

Star Member
Apr 14, 2020
Hi all, I have positive update on my application, thought I'd share them with the group. My spouse and I were approved for PR pre-March 18, CoPR issued etc. She is in Germany, I am in Canada. Long long looong delays hurdles back-and-forth with IRCC via webform, IRCC Calgary office, MP office, etc, etc - could not work it out with IRCC to get us PR status.
Fast forward to today, after exhausting all avenues, she has recently gotten her visitor visa followed by the travel authorization request approval via email. Meanwhile, I got an email invitation to the PR profile portal (some portal system IRCC has incorporated in last 6-8 months for PR landing) - I'm hopeful once she is in-land, they will give us PR via that portal.
Has anyone else been through similar process? Any learnings to share?
This is good news. Congratulations!!! So happy for you.. for the remainder of us with spouses and kids outland. Pray we all get good news soon!. Cant wait it's been 18 months w/out my husband.