+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

Nov 21, 2020
Hi guys - I am also a primary inland applicant with outland dependent. I thought I'll share my timeline:

AOR: 10th August
Medicals: 6th October
Biometrics: 30th November
Eligibility: Recommended pass in November

No updates since then.

Yubsco

Star Member
Dec 12, 2020
Lagos Nigeria
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
NOC B
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
20-04-2020
AOR Received.
21-05-2020
Hi guys. My wife is in Canada who is also our principal applicant. AOR May 21. It's over 9months now yet no news. Is there any ways or means I can traveled to canada while waiting for our PR

abhishek93

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Hi guys - did anyone of you have the group assigned in GCMS "CN COVID Pace"?

I ask because this group might be put on hold for processing:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/copr-this-week.706457/post-9187247

Trying to understand if this is different from COVID split group? And if the outland dependents are impacted?
I think these two groups are different: COVID split group for (inland) applications with outland dependents and CN COVID Pace to slow down processing for applications (both inland and outland) based on certain parameters.

In this forum, I have seen single inland applicants being assigned to CN COVID Pace (will try to add links to those threads).

Also, it could be possible that applications with COVID split group are also assigned to Covid Pace by default. Just a speculation, so please correct me if this is wrong.

Nov 21, 2020
I think these two groups are different: COVID split group for (inland) applications with outland dependents and CN COVID Pace to slow down processing for applications (both inland and outland) based on certain parameters.

In this forum, I have seen single inland applicants being assigned to CN COVID Pace (will try to add links to those threads).

Also, it could be possible that applications with COVID split group are also assigned to Covid Pace by default. Just a speculation, so please correct me if this is wrong.
@abhishek93 - makes sense, thanks for your response.

I see you are in both groups. Is the CN COVID PACE assigned to all applications with outland dependents? Have you seen anyone here with that group getting COPR?

I ordered my GCMS from IRCC and CBSA & I should be getting a response in the next week or so. I should know my groups then.

abhishek93

Star Member
May 5, 2017
@abhishek93 - makes sense, thanks for your response.

I see you are in both groups. Is the CN COVID PACE assigned to all applications with outland dependents? Have you seen anyone here with that group getting COPR?
I am not sure if we could generalize it based on my application alone; inputs from others in this thread could help figure out if that's the case. I believe there's at least one person who got the COPR (https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/is-anyone-received-copr-under-cn-covid-group.718781/).

I ordered my GCMS from IRCC and CBSA & I should be getting a response in the next week or so. I should know my groups then.
Sounds great! Please keep us posted on any updates.

Quesask1

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Nov 21, 2020
I am not sure if we could generalize it based on my application alone; inputs from others in this thread could help figure out if that's the case. I believe there's at least one person who got the COPR (https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/is-anyone-received-copr-under-cn-covid-group.718781/).

Sounds great! Please keep us posted on any updates.
Thanks - I checked the thread and the applicant who got the COPR with 'CN COVID PACE' had moved to Canada and was not outland anymore. Also, the applicant was alone and had no dependent.

Even in this thread - there is only one person who got the CORP with outland dependent but the dependent was a child.

IRCC may put an application on hold even after approval for outland people:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/march-2020-aor.680165/post-9187244

Reactions: abhishek93

rookie royal

Apr 19, 2019
Hello everyone, my BOWP is expiring in a month, called IRCC they said to apply for extension. Anyone on the same boat applied for BOWP extension?
I'm inland applicant, spouse outland.

Here is my timeline-
NBPNP nomination: Oct 2019
AOR: Nov 2019
VO: CIO Sydney

1st GCMS - Aug 2020
Assessments
Eligibility: passed
Criminality: passed
Medical: passed
Info sharing: system error

2nd GCMS - Nov 2020
Everything is same, just meds extended

daiju

Mar 3, 2016
Hello everyone, my BOWP is expiring in a month, called IRCC they said to apply for extension. Anyone on the same boat applied for BOWP extension?
I'm inland applicant, spouse outland.

Here is my timeline-
NBPNP nomination: Oct 2019
AOR: Nov 2019
VO: CIO Sydney

1st GCMS - Aug 2020
Assessments
Eligibility: passed
Criminality: passed
Medical: passed
Info sharing: system error

2nd GCMS - Nov 2020