+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

sukhbirring

Oct 5, 2020
Guys, I called IRCC this morning and the agent said to me it seems that IRCC didn't know my kid is not here in Canada (actuall he is). The agent advised me to do the webform to inform IRCC
I am surprised with this news.
(my kid has a visa, but he never entered the country- based on the passport)

How come IRCC make that assumption? How do they know that your dependent is outside or inside?

How do you inform IRCC in your application with that info (outland dependent)?
Thanks
Hi there any update after that?

Reactions: Toks01

SHA828

Dec 20, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Hello All,

Glad to read through all the comments here..

I am somewhat in a situation like mentioned here...

Me, Wife and Elder daughter have PR.. We did soft landing last year and got PR cards and all are back in India.. My wife gave birth in India and our second child need to get sponsored. Due to travel restrictions we are stuck here and the PR timelines are unpredictable. Here are my assumptions

1. I am planning to travel alone in Feb 2021 and try to submit my application straight from Toronto.
a. Should I show some funds for this?
b. The timeline says 12 months
c. Can I apply for Visit Visa for Child and let her come with my wife?

2. Is there any option to apply from India?

Please advise me on how I should approach?/

Thanks in advance

ForUs2020

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
May 16 2020
I called them and looked at the GSCM note, they did make a mistake. I created a webform to inform them
I believe my case is similar. I am exempt and already showing as bio exempt Oct 13 but my son who is in Canada with study permit has not received call for biometrics. I think IRCC does not know he is in Canada. I sent a webform to inform them with a copy of his study permit. They just gave a generic reply about COVID. No SC call still. Did you get any good reply on the web form? Pls let me know. Thanks

maxmeomeo

Star Member
Aug 13, 2020
I believe my case is similar. I am exempt and already showing as bio exempt Oct 13 but my son who is in Canada with study permit has not received call for biometrics. I think IRCC does not know he is in Canada. I sent a webform to inform them with a copy of his study permit. They just gave a generic reply about COVID. No SC call still. Did you get any good reply on the web form? Pls let me know. Thanks
I called again and know that they are aware of the mistake and will work on that.
How old is your child? Child may be exempted from giving biometrics. You should read further about that.

ForUs2020

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
May 16 2020
I called again and know that they are aware of the mistake and will work on that.
How old is your child? Child may be exempted from giving biometrics. You should read further about that.
My child is 16. Biometrics requirement is 14-79 years. We got BIL for him also. He got his visa when he was 13 and has been in Canada since. Maybe I should call them again. I ordered GCMS. Not received yet

maxmeomeo

Star Member
Aug 13, 2020
My child is 16. Biometrics requirement is 14-79 years. We got BIL for him also. He got his visa when he was 13 and has been in Canada since. Maybe I should call them again. I ordered GCMS. Not received yet
You should call them to make sure they can give him a exemption or they will call him. Calling is quickest. Webform is slow and generic

Reactions: ForUs2020

ss2663

Nov 9, 2020
Hey Guys ,
I am little confused after reading this thread. Below are my Details:

AOR -10 June Inland CEC
Medical passed - 28 July
Dependents out of Canada (Biometrics was done before Covid).
Primary Applicant Me - Waiting for a Biometric call.

I am waiting for SC call for a Biometric appointment. Few people posted that Application cannot be finalised untill all the dependents are in Canada . Is that true ?

Should i be trying hard to get them to Canada first before anything else

maxmeomeo

Star Member
Aug 13, 2020
Hey Guys ,
I am little confused after reading this thread. Below are my Details:

AOR -10 June Inland CEC
Medical passed - 28 July
Dependents out of Canada (Biometrics was done before Covid).
Primary Applicant Me - Waiting for a Biometric call.

I am waiting for SC call for a Biometric appointment. Few people posted that Application cannot be finalised untill all the dependents are in Canada . Is that true ?

Should i be trying hard to get them to Canada first before anything else
I know some people got PPR for their dependents and waiting for COPR, so that may not be true

jasmin22

Nov 22, 2016
I know some people got PPR for their dependents and waiting for COPR, so that may not be true
It is true that some dependents got PPR but PRR is nothing if they are not issuing COPR. I know someone who's dependent got PPR in March but they are still waiting for COPR.

Dragonsoul

Star Member
Oct 20, 2020
Category........
PNP
I am also in same situation. My dependents are in overseas right now. My PR got approved on April 28 itself. Due to this, even i cannot do soft landing. They clearly mentioned in my GCMS notes like my application is on hold due to overseas dependents. They will issue CoPR once they removed border restrictions.
But then is just because of Covid restrictions right, once those restrictions get lifted up it would not matter if we have a dependant overseas. I am in the same situation.

Dragonsoul

Star Member
Oct 20, 2020
Category........
PNP
Hello All,

Glad to read through all the comments here..

I am somewhat in a situation like mentioned here...

Me, Wife and Elder daughter have PR.. We did soft landing last year and got PR cards and all are back in India.. My wife gave birth in India and our second child need to get sponsored. Due to travel restrictions we are stuck here and the PR timelines are unpredictable. Here are my assumptions

1. I am planning to travel alone in Feb 2021 and try to submit my application straight from Toronto.
a. Should I show some funds for this?
b. The timeline says 12 months
c. Can I apply for Visit Visa for Child and let her come with my wife?

2. Is there any option to apply from India?

Please advise me on how I should approach?/

Thanks in advance
I am kinda in the same situation, my wife's daughter 14 years old is not in Canada and we have a PR application in progress, IRCC will not issue for her any visa whether student visa or accompanying parents, although she holds a visitor visa she will not be able to come to Canada until our PR application finalizes (we were told by one of the agents at the border). I know other parents with your exact same situation and they have to wait for the parent sponsorship application to get their daughter in Canada and they are waiting in India. Is because of the policy that states the foreigner needs to prove that is going back home once his/her visa expires and they do not have strong links in Canada like my daughter does, which in this case is us. Sounds stupid but that is the answer the officer at the border gave us. After the Covid situation goes by we will get a lawyer's advice on how to proceed if our PR application is not finished by the time.