+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

F@l

Star Member
Nov 26, 2020
Hi,

Does anybody know if BOWP and SOWP can be applied together? My spouse applied for her BOWP and a new SOWP for me. The BOWP is still in process but my sowp application has been refused because "your spouse's work permit must be valid for at least 6 months."
Did your spouse applied for the two separately?

Kamal Kang

Jan 27, 2016
Hey guys,

I just wanna suggest if we can forward the same letter to news channels such as; CBC.ca, Global news and so on or reach out to them for this matter.

Reactions: Quesask1

tajindertj

Jul 18, 2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2020
Thank you for the reply!

She applied it in one combined application, but after submission, two application numbers were generated--one for each. Is it normal?
Even I am at a stage to apply for BOWP and confused how to apply for my wife's SOWP together.
1.Should I apply mine first and wait for my hard copy, then apply SOWP.
2. How about travel restrictions for new work permit holders outside Canada.

Reactions: abhishek93

F@l

Star Member
Nov 26, 2020
Thank you for the reply!

She applied it in one combined application, but after submission, two application numbers were generated--one for each. Is it normal?
Yes it’s normal for them to separate the application but the SOWP should be based on your BOWP and they’re are supposed to process them together but again IRCC process is so unpredictable. Try to call them

iravlad

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
October 2019
Guys, my husband has just got off the phone talk with the committee clerk. He confirmed the receipt of our petition, assured that he will respond today. So, will wait for his feedback. As to the meeting on Wednesday, March 24, we can not get into it, he said, too late, the agenda has been already approved. Apparently, that must have been approved, it’s a committee meeting, not tv breaking news. Still, waiting for his response, see what’s in it and keep going then

abhishek93

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Yes it’s normal for them to separate the application but the SOWP should be based on your BOWP and they’re are supposed to process them together but again IRCC process is so unpredictable. Try to call them
I called them and the agent was unable to provide me specific information since my SOWP application was transferred to New York visa office yesterday. After putting me on hold, the agent told me that IRCC can make a decision on SOWP before BOWP in certain cases (I believe mine does not belong to those as my application moved to new office yesterday, with biometrics updated this morning and a decision couple minutes later). I was told to contact the visa office via webform, which I just did. I'm am hoping that the officer missed the BOWP part and would reconsider my application.

iravlad

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
October 2019
Hey guys,

I just wanna suggest if we can forward the same letter to news channels such as; CBC.ca, Global news and so on or reach out to them for this matter.
sure, let's wait for others to join, we have a wave of people joining now. Tomorrow is the right time I guess to knock the media

F@l

Star Member
Nov 26, 2020
I called them and the agent was unable to provide me specific information since my SOWP application was transferred to New York visa office yesterday. After putting me on hold, the agent told me that IRCC can make a decision on SOWP before BOWP in certain cases (I believe mine does not belong to those as my application moved to new office yesterday, with biometrics updated this morning and a decision couple minutes later). I was told to contact the visa office via webform, which I just did. I'm am hoping that the officer missed the BOWP part and would reconsider my application.
I hope so too, when you are applying for a WP your spouse is also eligible based on your eligibility so I don’t know why they rejected the SOWP

iravlad

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
October 2019
Here it goes the response from the Committee

~Citizenship & Immigration/Citoyenneté et immigration
Attachments
9:16 PM (9 minutes ago)
to me, ~Citizenship

Greetings,
Thank you for your email. The committee does not have the power to determine IRCC cases.

The committee accepts written submissions to consider making general recommendations to the government. If you wish to submit a written submission to make recommendations, then please use our guide: https://www.ourcommons.ca/About/Guides/brief-e.html. The committee has not set a deadline for the receipt of briefs but it cannot consider briefs submitted after the conclusion of the study. To ensure that the committee can consider your brief, please submit as soon as possible.
If you wish to contact committee members directly, then please find their contact information through this link: https://www.ourcommons.ca/Committees/en/CIMM/Members
You may watch the committee meetings on ParlVu: https://parlvu.parl.gc.ca/Harmony

Thank you,

• Sad
Reactions: shredder

iravlad

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
October 2019

Attachments
to me, ~Citizenship

Greetings,
Thank you for your email. The committee does not have the power to determine IRCC cases.

The committee accepts written submissions to consider making general recommendations to the government. If you wish to submit a written submission to make recommendations, then please use our guide: https://www.ourcommons.ca/About/Guides/brief-e.html. The committee has not set a deadline for the receipt of briefs but it cannot consider briefs submitted after the conclusion of the study. To ensure that the committee can consider your brief, please submit as soon as possible.
If you wish to contact committee members directly, then please find their contact information through this link: https://www.ourcommons.ca/Committees/en/CIMM/Members
You may watch the committee meetings on ParlVu: https://parlvu.parl.gc.ca/Harmony

Thank you,
So, lets do what he says and do all the other stuff needed to be heard

Last edited:
Reactions: Quesask1 and F@l

mstefan

Feb 17, 2021
Burlington, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2021
AOR Received.
18-02-2021
Med's Done....
16-02-2021
LANDED..........
27-09-2021
Thank you for the reply!

I also applied for my BOWP, my wife's SOWP and my kids' visitor records extension at the same time and the application was split into 4 after that.

That said, I've attached the same explanation letter for every member of my family, in which I explained exactly what we were applying for and how our applications were linked. I'm still waiting for an answer, but I can confirm that they are treating them at the same time since I had 4 simultaneous GUs Saturday evening.

Did you provide an LOE explaining what you were applying for and how your applications are linked?

Reactions: F@l

Moazali6

Star Member
Feb 25, 2021

Attachments
to me, ~Citizenship

Greetings,

Thank you,
So can they consider our petition in further hearings or not ?? also what directions do we have take now

iravlad

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
October 2019
So can they consider our petition in further hearings or not ?? also what directions do we have take now
we need to submit a written submission, as he replied. Going to do it tomorrow. This is the first. Monitor how it is moving. Phone them as regular as we do to the IRCC call centre. Then, if we are lucky and noisy who knows maybe we will be invited to that meeting. But as of now, no one is willing to see us there. may be @legalfalcon would advise us on how to get into their hearings faster? Tasks for tomorrow except this one mentioned above - arrange the petition with a new table where all the signatures will be placed including new ones in the columns. Then send it to Jasraj Singh Hallan, Christine Normandine, O Tool. I can not help sending it to PM and MM. They haven't heard from us too long, I guess. Then going to remind shelby for sure that she has been owing us something since last December.

We did the petition. It has 88 signatures. Stories within some of them are so heartbreaking that I forget about my pain when reading. We need to go on and see how far we can go. When you are done with everything you can, its high time to start doing what you can not.

Reactions: F@l and Moazali6