+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

Manishamahajan58

Oct 19, 2019
Medical passed .additional documents under review .biometric given but not updated yet.I called them 4 times in 7 months they always say background is in process nothing else has been started.
I got biometric request on 22 feb 2021 n gave my biometric on 24 feb2021 which is not updated till today.
What additional documents did you send?

Reactions: Mann Gill

anisha1992

Oct 20, 2020
Now that COPR holders can travel to Canada, no point of holding applications I think.

I applied recently, but I am following everyone's message. Giving me nightmares by thinking it will take 1 - 1.5 years
You are underestimating. I am already 1 year 8 months in with no update since September 2020. I know a couple of people who are not on this thread waiting since Sept or Oct 2019

Reactions: fsss

Shik18

Star Member
Mar 27, 2021
From last 2-3 days we are only discussing negative points and I am literally not getting sleep, it is impacting my work and my health too. We all have been patiently waiting from last 1-2 years , let’s have some more patience and stay positive. Looking at the current situation in the world, we should be grateful that our loved ones are safe in their home country. Let’s not lose hope and keep each other motivated. While typing this msg I am trying to keep me positive , it’s difficult but I am trying :)

Mann Gill

Jul 26, 2021
From last 2-3 days we are only discussing negative points and I am literally not getting sleep, it is impacting my work and my health too. We all have been patiently waiting from last 1-2 years , let’s have some more patience and stay positive. Looking at the current situation in the world, we should be grateful that our loved ones are safe in their home country. Let’s not lose hope and keep each other motivated. While typing this msg I am trying to keep me positive , it’s difficult but I am trying :)
This is just way to show frustration otherwise we all are waiting .

fsss

Jun 28, 2021
You are underestimating. I am already 1 year 8 months in with no update since September 2020. I know a couple of people who are not on this thread waiting since Sept or Oct 2019
So basically you would have get PR by September or October 2020 as your signature says everything passed? so, Only for the government restrictions during the covid caused the delay for you. Am I correct?

kavish.shaikh1

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
So basically you would have get PR by September or October 2020 as your signature says everything passed? so, Only for the government restrictions during the covid caused the delay for you. Am I correct?
It also depends where your dependant is. Just a positive note for you. Some of the applications are completed in 4 months while the unfortunate ones like me wait for 1.5 to 2 years with no fault from our end

fsss

Jun 28, 2021
It also depends where your dependant is. Just a positive note for you. Some of the applications are completed in 4 months while the unfortunate ones like me wait for 1.5 to 2 years with no fault from our end
Believe me, I am feeling sad for you guys. Hope you guys will get it soon. Just stay strong a little bit

Reactions: kavish.shaikh1

anisha1992

Oct 20, 2020
Have you order any gcms notes recently?is anywhere they mentioned application is on hold?have you also contacted your local MP?
Yes I think GCMS said something about covid split group or something like that I don't even remember it was a couple of months ago. Yes I contacted MP and all but nothing happened: I got a standard reply like everybody else. I have already left Canada. My TRV is valid till January 2022 if I get PR before, then its fine otherwise I won't mind really. I am not that crazy about Canada anymore. I will withdraw just like @Whateverman . Family is more important than a PR

Reactions: gps2089

raj90

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
No, it is wrong.
Your COPR is not connected to her COPR.
Don't mix them together.
When you receive ecopr, you are a new permanent resident.
But your spouse is still a WP holder. She MUST receive COPR, before that time she remains a temporary resident.

Moreover, there is an expiration date in your COPR. She has to come back to Canada before your COPR expires. Otherwise it can be a problem.
You have to redo your medical exam probably if she missed that date (I ain't sure about this). But it is much easier for her to come back on time, before your COPR expires.
so if spouse does not back until the copr expires, will it lead to cancellation of approved PR of PA also? and all the process has to be done again? thanks