+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

Shivaprasad94

Star Member
May 22, 2020
AOR 16th July CEC Inland
My eligibility status is recommended pass and I did my biometrics in November 2020. However, I haven't received BIL for my spouse yet and it's so frustrating.
The cic agent is keep telling me to wait for the further instructions whenever I submit the webform or call them. Is there any way that I can address this issue? Is anyone else in the same situation and waiting for BIL of an outland spouse?
The dependent applicant is in India
In my case I got the BIL for myself and my wife on the same day Aug 18th
My AOR is 26th June
Medicals passed 18th Aug
Eligibility, criminality in progress
Security not started

Toks01

Jun 7, 2017
AOR 16th July CEC Inland
My eligibility status is recommended pass and I did my biometrics in November 2020. However, I haven't received BIL for my spouse yet and it's so frustrating.
The cic agent is keep telling me to wait for the further instructions whenever I submit the webform or call them. Is there any way that I can address this issue? Is anyone else in the same situation and waiting for BIL of an outland spouse?
The dependent applicant is in India
Same here, though they tell me everything is passed but they've not updated my spouse previous biometric and medical. I really don't know what's going on, I just ordered gems on Sunday for better clarity ,they must have probably stopped processing folks outland dependants on applications

swapanathorat

Apr 5, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
9 Oct 2020
Med's Request
07-09-2021
Med's Done....
20-0-1981
My dependents being Outland, have applied for Visitor Visa for them (Wife and Son) on 5 Dec 2020. We also mailed them to consider this Visa under family reunion on 26 Dec. Today we got an information letter which says as below. Does this mean will not get visitor Visa? How can they say wife and child is not immediate family member. What can we do now?

Subject: Request to be exempt from Canada’s Travel Restrictions for the Purpose of Family Reunification

Good day,
Your request to be exempt from the restrictions to travel to Canada listed in the Interim Order to Prevent Certain Persons from Boarding Flights to Canada due to COVID 19, under section 3(1)(b) of the Order in Council, Minimizing the Risk of Exposure to COVID-19 in Canada Order (Prohibition of Entry into Canada from any country other than the United States) has been refused.
Based on our assessment of the information you provided and the information in our system, we have not found that you meet the immediate family member exemption. In particular,
 you have not established that your reasons for travelling are non-discretionary or nonoptional

Even though you do not meet an exemption criterion and/or your travel has not been deemed non-discretionary, your application will now be put on hold until after the travel restriction pause has been lifted.
Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada.

Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

shomaro

Jan 6, 2020
My dependents being Outland, have applied for Visitor Visa for them (Wife and Son) on 5 Dec 2020. We also mailed them to consider this Visa under family reunion on 26 Dec. Today we got an information letter which says as below. Does this mean will not get visitor Visa? How can they say wife and child is not immediate family member. What can we do now?

Subject: Request to be exempt from Canada’s Travel Restrictions for the Purpose of Family Reunification

Good day,
Your request to be exempt from the restrictions to travel to Canada listed in the Interim Order to Prevent Certain Persons from Boarding Flights to Canada due to COVID 19, under section 3(1)(b) of the Order in Council, Minimizing the Risk of Exposure to COVID-19 in Canada Order (Prohibition of Entry into Canada from any country other than the United States) has been refused.
Based on our assessment of the information you provided and the information in our system, we have not found that you meet the immediate family member exemption. In particular,
 you have not established that your reasons for travelling are non-discretionary or nonoptional

Even though you do not meet an exemption criterion and/or your travel has not been deemed non-discretionary, your application will now be put on hold until after the travel restriction pause has been lifted.

Sincerely,
This exemption requires immediate family members AND specific non-discretion reasons to enter Canada.

swapanathorat

Apr 5, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
9 Oct 2020
Med's Request
07-09-2021
Med's Done....
20-0-1981
This exemption requires immediate family members AND specific non-discretion reasons to enter Canada.
Wife and son are immediate family member right...

Dragonsoul

Star Member
Oct 20, 2020
Category........
PNP

Good day,

Sincerely,
Long story, short: If you have applied already for a permanent residence and your dependants are included but out of the country, they will not be granting any visitor visa or study visa to them until the permanent residence application is processed. On the other hand, they just granted entrance to Canada as an immediate family only if you are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident. I have the same issue with my daughter who is back in my home country and she holds already a visitor visa but because she is included in our permanent residence application she is will not able to travel. We found out this from an Immigration officer after they denied her study visa. At least until this Covid stage still in place.

Dragonsoul

Star Member
Oct 20, 2020
Category........
PNP
Reactions: sk12188