+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant - Additional Family Information

NinaInOT

May 20, 2016
I have no dependants. It will only be myself being sponsored by my boyfriend. Does my boyfriends two children have to fill out this form? For section B that is?

For section C do I have to include my little brother? even if he's not being sponsored? Sorry if these are stupid questions I'm just really confused about what to fill out.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
ONLY the principal applicant fills out this form. Yes, ALL Family members of the principal applicant must be listed on the form, no matter if they plan to immigrate to canada or not. this is a "for information purposes" form for CIC.

The sponsor does not need to fill out this form since they are not applying for PR, nor do any of the sponsor's canadian family members need to be listed.

NinaInOT

May 20, 2016
CDNPR2014 said:
ONLY the principal applicant fills out this form. Yes, ALL Family members of the principal applicant must be listed on the form, no matter if they plan to immigrate to canada or not. this is a "for information purposes" form for CIC.

The sponsor does not need to fill out this form since they are not applying for PR, nor do any of the sponsor's canadian family members need to be listed.
Wow - that's something alright. Do I include only my immediate family? I have a LARGE family. Not to mention I'm filling out the form from within Canada - and it's suggested that a person over 18 has to fill out their own form.

NinaInOT

May 20, 2016
CDNPR2014 said:

Also thank you for answering! Means a lot!

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
The form lists which family members need to be listed, so you must list those.

When talking about who needs to fill out the form, CIC uses a different definition of family: spouses, common-law partners, and children. It doesn't include the sponsor. So unless you have a dependent child over 18, who is not already Canadian (or PR), then you are the only one who needs to fill out the form.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
NinaInOT said:
Wow - that's something alright. Do I include only my immediate family? I have a LARGE family. Not to mention I'm filling out the form from within Canada - and it's suggested that a person over 18 has to fill out their own form.
your family (those you list on the form) do not need to fill out their own form since they are not applying for PR status. as the other poster mentioned, for application purposes, there are different definitions for "family members" and "spouse". Yes, YOU as the principal applicant must put all relavant family members on the form as they are related to you - this includes parents and siblings i believe (i can't remember who else is listed on the form). For application purposes "family members" ONLY refers to other people listed in the application applying for PR. Since you are the ONLY applicant, that means ONLY you fill out the form.