+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Primary Occupation NOC Code CEC category

Kj321

Jun 30, 2020
Hello Everyone, I am creating EE profile with the CEC category. I am confused about a few questions while entering primary occupation details.

1). What should I put in the primary occupation code? I have 8 months of work experience as a cook(NOC Code 6322) and after that 3 months of experience as a Food Service Supervisor(NOC Code 6311) and currently working as a department manager (NOC 0621) for a month.
I also have 4 years of foreign work experience in NOC 4012.
2). In the second question,
Date XXXX first became qualified to practice in this occupation
If the "primary occupation" is:
  • a qualified trade (four-digit code begins with 632, 633, 72, 73, 82, 92), this is the date they became qualified to practice on their own in Canada. (For example, when they moved from apprentice to being a licensed tradesperson.)
Which date should I put in this question? As I was working as a cook(NOC 6322) for only 8 months, Should I put the date I started working as a full-time cook position? Or should I put the date after my graduation from a foreign nation?

Any kind of suggestion or reference would be helpful to me.

PS: I do not have any skilled trade certification though I only have FoodSafe Level 1 certification.

Last edited:

Karry0001

Jan 28, 2022
Hey, I’m also facing the same situation as you. Can you please do me a favour for the same by answering few questions.

I started working as a Cook (6322) in Jan 2021. I was Promoted as a kitchen Supervisor (6322) in October 2021. Now, Recently I was promoted as a Assistant Kitchen Manager (6311) in January 2022 which is my current position.

what would be the answer for these questions as per my case?

Primary NOC?
When you become qualified to practice the primary NOC on your own?

I just have my food safe certificate.

I’m applying for CEC.

Karry0001

Jan 28, 2022
Hello Everyone, I am creating EE profile with the CEC category. I am confused about a few questions while entering primary occupation details.

1). What should I put in the primary occupation code? I have 8 months of work experience as a cook(NOC Code 6322) and after that 3 months of experience as a Food Service Supervisor(NOC Code 6311) and currently working as a department manager (NOC 0621) for a month.
I also have 4 years of foreign work experience in NOC 4012.
2). In the second question,
Date XXXX first became qualified to practice in this occupation
If the "primary occupation" is:
  • a qualified trade (four-digit code begins with 632, 633, 72, 73, 82, 92), this is the date they became qualified to practice on their own in Canada. (For example, when they moved from apprentice to being a licensed tradesperson.)
Which date should I put in this question? As I was working as a cook(NOC 6322) for only 8 months, Should I put the date I started working as a full-time cook position? Or should I put the date after my graduation from a foreign nation?

Any kind of suggestion or reference would be helpful to me.

PS: I do not have any skilled trade certification though I only have FoodSafe Level 1 certification.
Hey, I’m also facing the same situation as you. Can you please do me a favour for the same by answering few questions.

I started working as a Cook (6322) in Jan 2021. I was Promoted as a kitchen Supervisor (6322) in October 2021. Now, Recently I was promoted as a Assistant Kitchen Manager (6311) in January 2022 which is my current position.

what would be the answer for these questions as per my case?

Primary NOC?
When you become qualified to practice the primary NOC on your own?

I just have my food safe certificate.

I’m applying for CEC.