The system is cruel, always been.

newbutterfly

Star Member
May 31, 2016
Inland
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So I recently changed my primary occupation to an occupation I have less than a year experience in. That is not the occupation I am using to claim points.

The occupation I am using to cliam points was obtained 7 years ago. My score is still the same.

Infact, what I noticed is that there is no question for length of employment in the primary occupation. This means it is irrelevent to the MEC.

Ezgi84

Feb 9, 2017
Istanbul
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017
newbutterfly said:
So I recently changed my primary occupation to an occupation I have less than a year experience in. That is not the occupation I am using to claim points.

The occupation I am using to cliam points was obtained 7 years ago. My score is still the same.

Infact, what I noticed is that there is no question for length of employment in the primary occupation. This means it is irrelevent to the MEC.
So in that case one doesnt have to work in that Primary NOC code for at least a continuous year?

However what I am trying to understand is that lets say a person has 3 year experience from 2008 to 2011... then that person is actually eligible because he/she has work experience during the last 10 years..... but then he /she wont have a primary NOC code because 2011 is not within the last 5 years ? How is that possible....

Its lacking logic here...

Anyone any idea?

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
Read this
Its how they process applications, and in this case Assessing applications against minimum requirements, Minimum work experience requirement
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/econ/fsw/minimum.asp

Minimum work experience requirement

The applicant must have accumulated at least one year of continuous full-time (or the equivalent in part-time) paid work experience in the occupation identified in their application for permanent residence as their primary occupation. In calculating this period of work experience, the occupation must be listed in skill type 0 (Managerial occupations), skill level A (Professional occupations) or skill level B (Technical occupations and skilled trades) of the National Occupational Classification (NOC) 2011 [R75(2)(a)].

The applicant’s skilled work experience must also

have occurred within the ten years preceding the date of their application for permanent residence; and
not be in an occupation that has been designated as a restricted occupation.

Note: At the time of publication, no occupations were designated as restricted.

In addition, during that period of employment, the applicant must have

performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational description of the NOC [R75(2)(b)]; and
performed a substantial number of the main duties, including all of the essential duties, of the occupation as set out in the occupational description of the NOC [R75(2)(c)].

Note: The applicant does not need to demonstrate that they meet the “employment requirements” listed in the NOC occupational description.

noyoucant

Star Member
Apr 29, 2017
. Ok everybody i need to check,, if my NOC(primary occupation) is in2015,, but my crs points im claiming for same NOC is all the way to 2009,, is ok ??

Example :
NOC X (until 2015,claiming points))
Different NOC (2016-2017,,not claiming pts for this))

2010-2012 (NOC X, claiming points))

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
noyoucant said:
. Ok everybody i need to check,, if my NOC(primary occupation) is in2015,, but my crs points im claiming for same NOC is all the way to 2009,, is ok ??

Example :
NOC X (until 2015,claiming points))
Different NOC (2016-2017,,not claiming pts for this))

2010-2012 (NOC X, claiming points))
Its OK!

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
noyoucant said:
bro i upped your points ... big help thank you
cool bro

Ezgi84

Feb 9, 2017
Istanbul
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017
astralsource said:
Read this
Its how they process applications, and in this case Assessing applications against minimum requirements, Minimum work experience requirement
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/econ/fsw/minimum.asp

Minimum work experience requirement

The applicant must have accumulated at least one year of continuous full-time (or the equivalent in part-time) paid work experience in the occupation identified in their application for permanent residence as their primary occupation. In calculating this period of work experience, the occupation must be listed in skill type 0 (Managerial occupations), skill level A (Professional occupations) or skill level B (Technical occupations and skilled trades) of the National Occupational Classification (NOC) 2011 [R75(2)(a)].

The applicant’s skilled work experience must also

have occurred within the ten years preceding the date of their application for permanent residence; and
not be in an occupation that has been designated as a restricted occupation.

Note: At the time of publication, no occupations were designated as restricted.

In addition, during that period of employment, the applicant must have

performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational description of the NOC [R75(2)(b)]; and
performed a substantial number of the main duties, including all of the essential duties, of the occupation as set out in the occupational description of the NOC [R75(2)(c)].

Note: The applicant does not need to demonstrate that they meet the “employment requirements” listed in the NOC occupational description.
Yup thanks and how about the 5 year rule then.... am I missing it ? :) This is crazy....

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
Ezgi84 said:
Yup thanks and how about the 5 year rule then.... am I missing it ? :) This is crazy....
No mention of it.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/econ/fsw/work.asp
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/work-experience-need-clarification-t297693.0.html

Ezgi84

Feb 9, 2017
Istanbul
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017
astralsource said:
No mention of it.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/econ/fsw/work.asp
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/work-experience-need-clarification-t297693.0.html
Thank you

Mjkab

Aug 29, 2016
One should have worked in his primary Occupation within 5 years of application...
in the said case,to file in 2017,he should have worked in that occupation at least as recently as in 2012...any experience from 2007 till 2012 will be counted for ur CRS points and ranking...
One may even have experience under multiple NOC codes within last 10 years and that will get CRS points too...
however,to be eligible for FSW, one should have at least part experience in the chosen occupation in last 5 years...ie. Since 2012...
to make it clear,if my last working day in the occupation was 2012June 10th, I am eligible to apply till 9th June 2017....so ,you may alternatively file for FSW EE with your recent experience matching to an NOC code..
opinions of seniors are welcome

hi,

my problem is my current occupation in Canada is fraud analyst that is neither relevant with my base occupation Veterinarian or my bachelor degree!!

my work experience within the last 5 yrs (cook/chef from UK+Canada) is completely irrelevant with base occupation.

So which occupation should I select as a primary occupation!

I have already received NOI by selecting primary occupation as a Veterinarian!!

What are my chances to get NOI or PR if I choose NOC as a cook or Chef.

Completely lost now!! help me pls!

lino82

Apr 12, 2017
NOC Code......
hi,

my problem is my current occupation in Canada is fraud analyst that is neither relevant with my base occupation Veterinarian or my bachelor degree!!

my work experience within the last 5 yrs (cook/chef from UK+Canada) is completely irrelevant with base occupation.

We all will back you in this...give me some time...
also write a personal msg to legalfalcon

lino82

Apr 12, 2017
NOC Code......
hi,

also write a personal msg to legalfalcon & now regarding primary
hi,

regarding primary occupation,CIC has since then modified the definition to 'an occupation within last 10 years '
this change has occurred btn my earlier post and now...so if you have anything in last 10 years it is good enough

Mjkab

Aug 29, 2016
also write a personal msg to legalfalcon & now regarding primary

regarding primary occupation,CIC has since then modified the definition to 'an occupation within last 10 years '
this change has occurred btn my earlier post and now...so if you have anything in last 10 years it is good enough
Thank you!

my last 5 yrs experience is completely irrelevant with my education.

Can I still use those experience as a primary occupation for CEC?