+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Primary occupation and education

MariaMaria

Oct 22, 2017
What the universities have to send is dependent on what the assessing agency asks for, for the specific country in which you pursued your eduacation (some will ask for transcripts only, others will want degree certificates, others will want attested mark sheets, etc.), but yes, the universities will either have to send them separately, or you will have to procure them in a sealed enveloped and send the envelope on the assessing agency unsealed (again it depends on the assessing agency's instructions). You need to look up the instructions for the assessing agency.

Arranged employment is not necessary. It only helps to give you additional CRS points, and not every type of arranged employment qualified for extra points.

Thank you! You're so kind!
I am sorry, I've got a few more questions and hopefully thats it.

1. a question is about my job experience. I have got a 6-month gap during which I tried to set up my own business but was technically unemployed. Can I still get points for the experience after the gap if all the experience (before the gap and after) is within one NOC?

2. What documents are needed to prove job experience? Do you have a link to a list of docs required? (couldnt find a specific list).
3. Is it possible to see quotas for each NOC category? When is it better to apply for a residency? When are the chances higher?
4. Money. Do I need to present a bank statement with an amount of money on my account or I need to show that the money had been on the account for 6 months before I received the statement?

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018

1. a question is about my job experience. I have got a 6-month gap during which I tried to set up my own business but was technically unemployed. Can I still get points for the experience after the gap if all the experience (before the gap and after) is within one NOC?

2. What documents are needed to prove job experience? Do you have a link to a list of docs required? (couldnt find a specific list).
3. Is it possible to see quotas for each NOC category? When is it better to apply for a residency? When are the chances higher?
4. Money. Do I need to present a bank statement with an amount of money on my account or I need to show that the money had been on the account for 6 months before I received the statement?
Hi MariaMaria,
Based on the questions you're asking, it seems as though you haven't read through the Express Entry process on IRCC's website. It is imperative you read through this information otherwise you'll miss something critical in the Express Entry process. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp. Most of what you've asked is on the website:

1. Gaps don't matter as long as you have a 1-year stretch of continuous (no-gap) employment in your primary NOC; after that, you can have as many gaps as you want just as long as you don't count the gap time toward your years of employment: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

2. You need to provide reference letters from the Companies at which you've worked: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

3. NOC categories don't have quotas under the Express Entry programme, nor does one give you an edge under Express Entry. As long as the NOC is Skill Type/Level 0, A, or B, it's eligible for Express Entry with the same chances as any other NOC that falls into these categories, all other eligibility criteria remaining equal: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

4. If you apply under the Federal Skilled Workers programme, you need money and proof of it: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

Reactions: MariaMaria

MariaMaria

Oct 22, 2017

Hi MariaMaria,
Based on the questions you're asking, it seems as though you haven't read through the Express Entry process on IRCC's website. It is imperative you read through this information otherwise you'll miss something critical in the Express Entry process. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp. Most of what you've asked is on the website:

1. Gaps don't matter as long as you have a 1-year stretch of continuous (no-gap) employment in your primary NOC; after that, you can have as many gaps as you want just as long as you don't count the gap time toward your years of employment: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

2. You need to provide reference letters from the Companies at which you've worked: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

3. NOC categories don't have quotas under the Express Entry programme, nor does one give you an edge under Express Entry. As long as the NOC is Skill Type/Level 0, A, or B, it's eligible for Express Entry with the same chances as any other NOC that falls into these categories, all other eligibility criteria remaining equal: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

4. If you apply under the Federal Skilled Workers programme, you need money and proof of it: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp
Thank you! I didn't read an EE guide as I thought I was going under FSW and I read some of its documents. this is why I didnt find this information. Thank you again! Will definitely read the guides.

MariaMaria

Oct 22, 2017
Hi MariaMaria,

Hello, crescent_jam! I went through all the information about the EE process. Things are really quite straightforward. However, I found a couple of moments that confused me.
1. When we speak about a police certificate, it is said that all members of your family should provide it. Who should I count as a family member if I'm single? My parents and siblings or just myself?
2. About a bank statement. Do you know if the rule to have your money on the account for 6 months is strict? In my situation I live in a country that different from my home one, I might move to the home country in a couple of months to prepare all the documents. I will probably need to transfer money to one of my home banks to have an easy access and make a bank statement at short notice (as doing a statement from abroad will probably be impossible). It will mean that money on my home bank account and the bank account itself won't be there for 6 months or more, maybe for 3, it depends on how long I will proceed with other documents. Will it be an issue if a bank statement shows the average balance for less then 6 months?

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hello, crescent_jam! I went through all the information about the EE process. Things are really quite straightforward. However, I found a couple of moments that confused me.
1. When we speak about a police certificate, it is said that all members of your family should provide it. Who should I count as a family member if I'm single? My parents and siblings or just myself?
2. About a bank statement. Do you know if the rule to have your money on the account for 6 months is strict? In my situation I live in a country that different from my home one, I might move to the home country in a couple of months to prepare all the documents. I will probably need to transfer money to one of my home banks to have an easy access and make a bank statement at short notice (as doing a statement from abroad will probably be impossible). It will mean that money on my home bank account and the bank account itself won't be there for 6 months or more, maybe for 3, it depends on how long I will proceed with other documents. Will it be an issue if a bank statement shows the average balance for less then 6 months?
Hi MariaMaria,

1) You have to provide police clearance certificates for your immediate family members/dependents over 18 (i.e. spouse and children over 18 years of age) whether or not they are accompanying you. You do not have to provide them for siblings and parents.

2) Most people tend to misunderstand the ‘6-month-average’ rule. The ‘6-month-average’ rule simply provides a basic 6-month history of your accounts, NOT so that IRCC can verify you’ve held the funds for 6 months, but so that IRCC can review your history for any suspiciously large deposits that could potentially be borrowed funds or proceeds from a loan that you’re trying to pass off as your own unencumbered funds (which we’ve already highlighted, you can’t do). If the account is less than 6 months old, you just need to explain that in an LOE, and provide evidence of where the money came from over the last 3 months (to prove that the funds are legitimate and are yours, free and clear, to use for settlement (e.g. showing transfer documentation).

MariaMaria

Oct 22, 2017
Hi MariaMaria,

1) You have to provide police clearance certificates for your immediate family members/dependents over 18 (i.e. spouse and children over 18 years of age) whether or not they are accompanying you. You do not have to provide them for siblings and parents.

2) Most people tend to misunderstand the ‘6-month-average’ rule. The ‘6-month-average’ rule simply provides a basic 6-month history of your accounts, NOT so that IRCC can verify you’ve held the funds for 6 months, but so that IRCC can review your history for any suspiciously large deposits that could potentially be borrowed funds or proceeds from a loan that you’re trying to pass off as your own unencumbered funds (which we’ve already highlighted, you can’t do). If the account is less than 6 months old, you just need to explain that in an LOE, and provide evidence of where the money came from over the last 3 months (to prove that the funds are legitimate and are yours, free and clear, to use for settlement (e.g. showing transfer documentation).
Thank you for your reply!
So do you think it will be alright if I provide a document which shows that I had these finance in my foreign bank an then put then on my home bank account? Don't I need to prove the origin of this money? Also, would it be a problem if at the time of applying for EE there wasn't the amount needed, but by the time of actual residence application, I would be able to demonstrate that I have the whole amount?

Do you know if they do a background check even if you've provided police clearance? What might it include?

Thank you))

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Thank you for your reply!
So do you think it will be alright if I provide a document which shows that I had these finance in my foreign bank an then put then on my home bank account? Don't I need to prove the origin of this money? Also, would it be a problem if at the time of applying for EE there wasn't the amount needed, but by the time of actual residence application, I would be able to demonstrate that I have the whole amount?

Thank you))
It's fine as long as you provide documentation showing the origin of the money. If the account history is less than 6 months old, you need to provide evidence that it's coming from a legitimate source.

You do not have to have the required funds at the time of submitting your EE profile (since this isn't an application). You DO have to have the required funds at both the time of submitting your electronic application for permanent residency (eAPR) (the thing you submit after getting an ITA), and at the time of the issuance of the COPR and PR Visa/counterfoil.

MariaMaria

Oct 22, 2017
It's fine as long as you provide documentation showing the origin of the money. If the account history is less than 6 months old, you need to provide evidence that it's coming from a legitimate source.

You do not have to have the required funds at the time of submitting your EE profile (since this isn't an application). You DO have to have the required funds at both the time of submitting your electronic application for permanent residency (eAPR) (the thing you submit after getting an ITA), and at the time of the issuance of the COPR and PR Visa/counterfoil.

I can see from your status you've received your passport with PR today! wow!! My big congratulations!!! hooray!)))

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
I can see from your status you've received your passport with PR today! wow!! My big congratulations!!! hooray!)))
Thank you! It's been a very, very good day! :)

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Great! Are you planning to go to Toronto? As I can see the process for you wasn't too long) 1.5 months since submitting the PR application, right?
Yup - I was one of the lucky ones!!! And double-yup - I am Toronto-bound, hopefully in 2.5 months' time! :)

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Great! Good luck with everything! How much time do you have to enter the country? a year?
I have until mid-August 2018 but I want to get there now! :)
Thanks so much, and I hope your PR comes through just as quickly!

MariaMaria

Oct 22, 2017
I have until mid-August 2018 but I want to get there now! :)
Thanks so much, and I hope your PR comes through just as quickly!
Thank you! I haven't started yet. Waiting for my diploma, which is probably won't be soon, sorting out other stuff in the meantime)
I'm interested, do you need to actually settle in there until the clearance has expired or you can just enter the country, get your ID or whatever they have for PR and leave for a while whatever your reasons are?

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Thank you! I haven't started yet. Waiting for my diploma, which is probably won't be soon, sorting out other stuff in the meantime)
I'm interested, do you need to actually settle in there until the clearance has expired or you can just enter the country, get your ID or whatever they have for PR and leave for a while whatever your reasons are?
You can land for a short time (even just a few hours) in order to claim your PR and then head right back out of the country if you're not yet ready to move permanently. This is called 'soft-landing'.

However, your PR Card, which will serve as your travel document, won't be ready for at least 3 months, so you would need to arrange for someone in Canada to receive the PR Card for you and then do one of the following to ensure you can get back into Canada without any hassle* when you're ready to move permanently.
1) Arrange for the person in Canada who received your PR Card to somehow get it to you (the jury's still out on how 'legal' it is for someone to mail your PR Card to you - no one seems to agree on the matter - people have done it successfully, but then, that's not really a measure of legality)
2) Get back into Canada by crossing the US/Canadian border in a private vehicle, with your passport and COPR
3) Apply for a PR Travel Document in whatever country you go back to, to use as your travel document.

*Note that, it's not so much that CANADA won't let you back in without your PR Card, it's that commercial airlines and other modes of public transportation won't let you board without evidence that you are allowed into the country (i.e. your travel document).

There is a physical residency requirement you need to meet in order to maintain your PR though - right now, you are required to physically be in Canada for 730 days (2 years) out of your first 5 years of permanent residency.