+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Primary Applicant - Eligibility

chshashi30

May 16, 2017
Hello,

I have done B.tech and Post graduation from India ( according to ECA report both have same equivalency in Canada too). I have 3.5 years of sales & marketing experience from India but for last 2.5 years i am not working as i moved to the USA on h4 visa, currently in USA.
I have good IELTS score, Btech ( Computer Engineering) and PGDIM.

I have following queries:

1. Can I apply for canada PR as primary applicant?
2. From where can I get my name change (post marriage) notarised in the USA?
3. If I become secondary applicant then can I go and work in Canada without primary applicant being with me? (He will join few months later as he is currently working)
4. Is it a necessary requirement to collect employment reference letter from ex & current employer(for my husband) ?

We don't want to take risk of moving to canada together without any job offer to anyone. I am thinking to go there search a job and my husband will join me later.

TIA,
CS

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
Hello,

I have done B.tech and Post graduation from India ( according to ECA report both have same equivalency in Canada too). I have 3.5 years of sales & marketing experience from India but for last 2.5 years i am not working as i moved to the USA on h4 visa, currently in USA.
I have good IELTS score, Btech ( Computer Engineering) and PGDIM.

I have following queries:

1. Can I apply for canada PR as primary applicant?
2. From where can I get my name change (post marriage) notarised in the USA?
3. If I become secondary applicant then can I go and work in Canada without primary applicant being with me? (He will join few months later as he is currently working)
4. Is it a necessary requirement to collect employment reference letter from ex & current employer(for my husband) ?

We don't want to take risk of moving to canada together without any job offer to anyone. I am thinking to go there search a job and my husband will join me later.

TIA,
CS
1. Yes you can - any work experience in the last 10 years will be counted
2. Try to check with Indian consulate based on your state of residence
3. You can do that - however, you cannot land before the primary applicant. Essentially, you have to go with your spouse and then you can stay back and work
4. Yes - you need work experience letters especially the JD for all current and past jobs which you are using to claim points - you only need them for the principal applicant - secondary applicant does not get any work experience points unless that job was in Canada

Hope this helps.