+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Primary and secondary applicant

Aspirant1982

Feb 17, 2017
I am secondary applicant and wife is primary applicant. I know we have to land together on first landing, but can my wife come back to India after a month? and I can stay in Canada. I want to look for a job and then call my wife and kid.

Also, how long one has to stay in a particular province, if applying through PNP? If it depends on province, then, Nova Scotia.

shldp780

May 10, 2017
This is replied above.
Thanks for the response. I have already landed and my family landed after I did.
The reason why I asked again was that someone told me that this is not possible. I was not so sure of the advice given by that person and wanted clarity from someone who has recently ‘landed'.
Thanks again for looking into it.

shldp780

May 10, 2017
I am secondary applicant and wife is primary applicant. I know we have to land together on first landing, but can my wife come back to India after a month? and I can stay in Canada. I want to look for a job and then call my wife and kid.
Your wife can indeed travel back to India after landing but usually it is not advisable to travel till you have received your PR cards. Your COPR is not a travel document and you either need to have a Visa or PR card for travelling back to Canada. Now you can indeed ship the PR cards for your wife and kids back home but do keep 2 things in mind: As per the regulations, you should not be shipping PRCs/Passport via courier or mail (we do it anyway) and secondly there is a risk associated with shipping the cards i.e. they can get lost during transit. PR cards usually arrive within 2 months so you can have your wife travel once the cards are with them.

Also, how long one has to stay in a particular province, if applying through PNP? If it depends on province, then, Nova Scotia.
You don’t really HAVE TO stay there but then it is more of a moral issue. You have told them that you will come and stay there are become part of the society and economy… you may travel to other places once you have landed because a PR you enjoy the rights and remedies of that of a citizen and no one will insist that you stay there. That said, please do seek counsel from an attorney or consultant before you make a move. Don’t rely on someone’s understanding based on scanty knowledge!!!

Best of luck!

Wishcan

Jun 15, 2019
Hi all
Pls help!I am the primary applicant and my husband is a govt servant.So is it ok if he lands after some time of my landing?He dont want to leave the job right now.

Wishcan

Jun 15, 2019
Thanks for the response. I have already landed and my family landed after I did.
The reason why I asked again was that someone told me that this is not possible. I was not so sure of the advice given by that person and wanted clarity from someone who has recently ‘landed'.
So u mean u landed alone.Did they question u for that.What reason did you tell them?After how many months ur family came?There was no problem?

Wishcan

Jun 15, 2019
So u mean u landed alone.Did they question u for that.What reason did you tell them?After how many months ur family came?There was no problem?

dr.josemrod

Sep 3, 2019
Santiago, Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-08-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Done....
18-09-2019
LANDED..........
08-05-2020
Can secondary applicant land first in Canada with CoPR?
This is an interesting question, maybe @legalfalcon could shed some light. I was reading the proceedings for landing yesterday and it states that dependents could land on their own provided they can prove they can enter canada in good standing and prove why the rest of family is not arriving in that moment.

Syed jibran

Feb 18, 2021
Hello all,
I have a concern, My wife is the primary applicant & I'm secondary Applicant,
So my question is after getting PR can the secondary applicant travel first without the primary applicant????

nuu_dxb

Oct 19, 2020
This is an interesting question, maybe @legalfalcon could shed some light. I was reading the proceedings for landing yesterday and it states that dependents could land on their own provided they can prove they can enter canada in good standing and prove why the rest of family is not arriving in that moment.

Hi legalfalcon ,

I have a valid copr (post mar 2020) and a Travel exemption approval from IRCC. But I am a secondary applicant.
Can I travel Canada without primary applicant? primary applicant doesnt have travel exemption approval from IRCC.

Zoyaatiq

Jan 15, 2019
Hi legalfalcon ,

I have a valid copr (post mar 2020) and a Travel exemption approval from IRCC. But I am a secondary applicant.
Can I travel Canada without primary applicant? primary applicant doesnt have travel exemption approval from IRCC.
I also have the same question... tell me if you get information regarding this..,,

Shiveta

Dec 19, 2018
Hello
Can someone please tell.
I am primary applicant , going first & verifying a documents. Then my husband enters 1 day later. He can't have originals like Marriage certificate & his Birth certificate. Becoz I will have all documents with me in Canada already.
Will he be told to show documents again.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello
Can someone please tell.
I am primary applicant , going first & verifying a documents. Then my husband enters 1 day later. He can't have originals like Marriage certificate & his Birth certificate. Becoz I will have all documents with me in Canada already.
Will he be told to show documents again.
No, he won't. He doesn't need them.

Reactions: Shiveta