+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Previously undeclared work experience

Ses1

Jul 30, 2017
Hii.. I came to Canada as a student and that time i didn't Mention my work experience i had in india as my agent advised me not to do so, i just wrote preparing for ielts (for the one year gap) but now when i am making my EE profile its very valuable as i can get points for it. Some people are suggesting that i can show now and others saying opposite.I do have a reference letter too.

So i am seeking advise should i show it now and claim points for it? wouldn't it be misrep?
Has anybody got any PR or maybe got into a problem for doing so?

Thank You
Bro how did solve this issues kindly reply

mesho

Aug 21, 2019
Hey congrats!!

Quick question Did they ask you for clarifying or explanation?

And what all docs did u submit?
this was long time ago (more than a year)

they issued a procedural fairness letter asking for the following:

Specifically, please submit proof of your employment with “XX,” such as:
 Paystubs covering your declared employment period (Ma 20?? to August 20??)
 Bank statements covering your declared employment period (Ma 20?? to August 20??) which reflect salary deposits from your declared employer
 Annual tax documents from 20?? to 20??, issued by your employer or the tax authority
 Your initial employment contract with “XX” which outlines your employment location and responsibilities

I submitted the initial employment contract and a clarification letter from my employer that the salary was in cash.
After two months of submitting these docs, I got a job offer in Canada and I send it to the CIC. This job offer moved the process so quickly and I got the PR in the same month that I sent the job offer to the CIC.

Jan 22, 2021
Hii.. I came to Canada as a student and that time i didn't Mention my work experience i had in india as my agent advised me not to do so, i just wrote preparing for ielts (for the one year gap) but now when i am making my EE profile its very valuable as i can get points for it. Some people are suggesting that i can show now and others saying opposite.I do have a reference letter too.

So i am seeking advise should i show it now and claim points for it? wouldn't it be misrep?

Thank You
Karan, It's been quiet long you asked this question. What did you end up doing? I am in same situation and confused about what to do.

Supratim123

Jun 4, 2023

Thank You
Hey what you did finally? How it worked?

ash_4p

Jan 15, 2024
this was long time ago (more than a year)

they issued a procedural fairness letter asking for the following:

Specifically, please submit proof of your employment with “XX,” such as:
 Paystubs covering your declared employment period (Ma 20?? to August 20??)
 Bank statements covering your declared employment period (Ma 20?? to August 20??) which reflect salary deposits from your declared employer
 Annual tax documents from 20?? to 20??, issued by your employer or the tax authority
 Your initial employment contract with “XX” which outlines your employment location and responsibilities

I submitted the initial employment contract and a clarification letter from my employer that the salary was in cash.
After two months of submitting these docs, I got a job offer in Canada and I send it to the CIC. This job offer moved the process so quickly and I got the PR in the same month that I sent the job offer to the CIC.
Hi, were you claiming points for this work experience? Or did you put it under personal history? Thanks.

mesho

Aug 21, 2019
Hi, were you claiming points for this work experience? Or did you put it under personal history? Thanks.
I am not sure which work experience you are referring to.
I claimed points for my work experience at XX. The job offer in Canada came at the end of my PR process so no points were claimed for this job offer but it just expedited the PR process.

ash_4p

Jan 15, 2024
I am not sure which work experience you are referring to.
I claimed points for my work experience at XX. The job offer in Canada came at the end of my PR process so no points were claimed for this job offer but it just expedited the PR process.
I mean the one you submitted the employment contract and clarification letter for. I am in a bit of a similar situation but I'm not claiming points for one previously undeclared freelance experience. I intend to put it in Personal History, but I don't have any documentation to prove this self-employed work. Thanks for your response.

LRARaved

Jan 25, 2024
I mean the one you submitted the employment contract and clarification letter for. I am in a bit of a similar situation but I'm not claiming points for one previously undeclared freelance experience. I intend to put it in Personal History, but I don't have any documentation to prove this self-employed work. Thanks for your response.
I am also in a similar situation, did you get any extra information on this?