+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Previous sponsored child over 19 now still under sponsoring?

Manifestor

Oct 12, 2015
Previous sponsored child over 19 now still under sponsoring?

I want to sponsor my spouse but previously I sponsored my child when he is 17 but now he is 19 however not yet 3 years time, does thta mean he is still under my sponsorship? Need help,

Please help many thanks.

CanadianForces

May 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you had already submitted the sponsorship application for your child, his age has been locked to how old he was when the application was received by the immigration. If he is 19 and you hadn't submitted the application, he still qualify as a dependent given that 19 is the age limit.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
CanadianForces said:
If you had already submitted the sponsorship application for your child, his age has been locked to how old he was when the application was received by the immigration. If he is 19 and you hadn't submitted the application, he still qualify as a dependent given that 19 is the age limit.
No, he won't. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2014/ob588.asp#_Toc394080163

Read carefully...
This amendment narrows the previous definition of dependent child and involves two key changes:

a reduction in the basic age limit for a dependent child from under 22 to under 19 years; and
the elimination of eligibility for older children to be considered as dependants on the basis that they are students.

Manifestor

Oct 12, 2015
Thankyou for your answers, but I might misleaded by the way I asked.

The answer I looking for is:

I sponsored my child BEFORE 19, after landed and got his PR, and now he is over 19. And I sponsored him for about 2 years since first landed day. Now, I want to sponsor my spouse and I want to know "nos. of family members under sponsorship". Which means if my son still under the "previous sponsorship" definition or not.

The answer I looking for is this.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Manifestor said:
I sponsored my child BEFORE 19, after landed and got his PR, and now he is over 19. And I sponsored him for about 2 years since first landed day. Now, I want to sponsor my spouse and I want to know "nos. of family members under sponsorship". Which means if my son still under the "previous sponsorship" definition or not.
If he landed 2 two years ago, then the undertaking for the child is still in effect and will be until he turns 22.