+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

previous rejection

Urgonnabeokme

Sep 20, 2020
Hello friends,
I wanted to ask a question that has been causing trouble to me for days. I'm currently study psychology but i was thinking about changing my major, if i apply to a university in Canada for a completely different program but get my visa rejected, would this cause trouble for me if i decide to continue my studies in psy. and later on apply for a student visa to attend a graduate program in psychology.
Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello friends,
I wanted to ask a question that has been causing trouble to me for days. I'm currently study psychology but i was thinking about changing my major, if i apply to a university in Canada for a completely different program but get my visa rejected, would this cause trouble for me if i decide to continue my studies in psy. and later on apply for a student visa to attend a graduate program in psychology.
Thank you
Confused by your hypothetical question but any study permit visa refusal has ramifications if you apply again. You must address reasons for refusal in your next study permit.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello friends,
Thank you
Short answer is yes it could hurt future applications. Unless you have a lot of extra savings I would suggest coming to Canada to do a masters versus an undergrad. 2 years is much less expensive than one.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello friends,
Thank you
Yes. Any visa refusal reduces chances of approval when you re-apply. you need strong social,academic and economic ties to overcome possibility of getting another refusal