+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Previous refugee visa refusal

Holi

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
Hello To all of the members! I am extremely worried and I need to get some details. My offshore humanitarian Visa subclass 201 for Australia was refused in 2017. At that time I applied without passport but gave my biometrics. Now the main concern is, I am going to apply for Study permit of Canada through Student Direct Stream. I do have to mention this refusal in application form of study permit. If I dont mention and if Visa officer finds my data through biometrics, I can be rejected straight away for not being truthful. If I mention that refusal, how much will it affect my Visa approval and how can I convince Visa officer that I am a genuine student who plan to come back to his country after study. I have achieved overall 7 bands in IELTS. I have got admission in Fanshawe college for 3 years advanced diploma in Cybersecurity. Till yet I dont have any gap. Moreover, my academic grades are good. The intended program is also aligned to my previous studies. What can be done in this regard. I am waiting for your responses.

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
Hello To all of the members! I am extremely worried and I need to get some details. My offshore humanitarian Visa subclass 201 for Australia was refused in 2017. At that time I applied without passport but gave my biometrics. Now the main concern is, I am going to apply for Study permit of Canada through Student Direct Stream. I do have to mention this refusal in application form of study permit. If I dont mention and if Visa officer finds my data through biometrics, I can be rejected straight away for not being truthful. If I mention that refusal, how much will it affect my Visa approval and how can I convince Visa officer that I am a genuine student who plan to come back to his country after study. I have achieved overall 7 bands in IELTS. I have got admission in Fanshawe college for 3 years advanced diploma in Cybersecurity. Till yet I dont have any gap. Moreover, my academic grades are good. The intended program is also aligned to my previous studies. What can be done in this regard. I am waiting for your responses.
Hello, since you already understand that misrepresenting this refusal will leave you banned from Canada for 5 years and leave your credibility as unreliable for the rest of your immigration application life, the only issue is what it means for the receipt of a Temporary Resident Visa in Canada.

Who can say without knowing your personal circumstances since the refusal of your offshore humanitarian Visa subclass 201 for Australia which a simple Google search says:

"In-country Special Humanitarian Visa (Subclass 201): this visa allows persons who are subject to persecution in their home country or habitual residence and who have not been able to leave that country to seek asylum elsewhere."

If your situation remains the same as you must have detailed within that application then I'd say your chances for a temporary stay in Canada are obscured by your stated inability to live wherever it is that you are living currently.

The box that you have placed yourself into is, how have you managed, under persecution, to further your education and have the financial resources to become an international student who will unquestionably leave Canada for home at the end of their studies?

That's a question that only you can answer and I'd be eager to hear it.

Reactions: Buletruck

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You'll be refused and banned from Canada for five years if you are not truthful in your application about the Australian refusal.

Holi

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
Hello, since you already understand that misrepresenting this refusal will leave you banned from Canada for 5 years and leave your credibility as unreliable for the rest of your immigration application life, the only issue is what it means for the receipt of a Temporary Resident Visa in Canada.

Who can say without knowing your personal circumstances since the refusal of your offshore humanitarian Visa subclass 201 for Australia which a simple Google search says:

"In-country Special Humanitarian Visa (Subclass 201): this visa allows persons who are subject to persecution in their home country or habitual residence and who have not been able to leave that country to seek asylum elsewhere."

If your situation remains the same as you must have detailed within that application then I'd say your chances for a temporary stay in Canada are obscured by your stated inability to live wherever it is that you are living currently.

The box that you have placed yourself into is, how have you managed, under persecution, to further your education and have the financial resources to become an international student who will unquestionably leave Canada for home at the end of their studies?

That's a question that only you can answer and I'd be eager to hear it.
I was not aware of this visa, as I was only 16 years old at that time, i graduated from high school with a distinction, I became a victim of fake Visa scammer he shown me documents that I have got scholarship in Australia. He did not tell me that he was lodging a refugee application. I came to know when he sent me refusal letter, after that he never contacted me, he ran somewhere. I dont know how many students has he looted so far. Infact, why should I seek refugee somewhere? I have been a full time student, only 18 years old, a recent senior high school graduate. I have never experienced persecution in my life. I am worried that what can be done now. I will mention about the refusal but what should I do to increase my Visa chances. I will be helpful who can help me to get out of this situation.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I was not aware of this visa, as I was only 16 years old at that time, i graduated from high school with a distinction, I became a victim of fake Visa scammer he shown me documents that I have got scholarship in Australia. He did not tell me that he was lodging a refugee application. I came to know when he sent me refusal letter, after that he never contacted me, he ran somewhere. I dont know how many students has he looted so far. Infact, why should I seek refugee somewhere? I have been a full time student, only 18 years old, a recent senior high school graduate. I have never experienced persecution in my life. I am worried that what can be done now. I will mention about the refusal but what should I do to increase my Visa chances. I will be helpful who can help me to get out of this situation.
You must mention the refusal - no matter how it happened.

To increase your chances of approval, you want to make sure that your planned studies in Canada make sense in light of any previous education and/or work experience, you also want to demonstrate ties to your home country and you will also need to show that you have the funds required to cover your tuition and living expenses. If you have prior trave to countries requiring visas such as the US and UK - that will help too.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Unfortunately, your choice to engage with him is your responsibility. If you've filed police reports about this fraud, it can be useful to include in your application, but you must declare the refusal.

Holi

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020

To increase your chances of approval, you want to make sure that your planned studies in Canada make sense in light of any previous education and/or work experience, you also want to demonstrate ties to your home country and you will also need to show that you have the funds required to cover your tuition and living expenses. If you have prior trave to countries requiring visas such as the US and UK - that will help too.
Thank, I appreciate your timely response. I actually dont have any work experience. But I do have a good profile, good grades, decent IELTS score and aligned

Thanks, I appreciate your timely response. I dont have any work experience. but I do have a good profile with good grades, decent IELTS score and my intended cybersecurity program which is totally aligned with my previous study. Should I write a letter of explanation about this refusal or just mentioning it in the column is enough. I did not lodge any police complaint or any FIR about him, But I can lodge it right now if it can increase my Visa chances. I dont want to be refused of Canadian study permit just because of Australian Refusal which was a scam with me.

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
In my opinion, for what it's worth, you have to open up about the scam within your Canadian application.

You would need to provide his personal details, your suspicions of his widespread scam and knowledge of others negatively effected, and it wouldn't hurt to report his misrepresentation to the Australian immigration authorities and copy that to your Canadian application.

Filing a police report about the scam in your own country would probably help bolster your attempts to regain your integrity.

That you were only 16 suggests that you were non compos mentis when entering into that scam as the processing of an application from someone under 18 would be unusual without a guardian of some sort.

It's a muddle and a good Canadian immigration lawyer ($$,000.00) could provide some order to what would be an iffy prospect for success. You might have more luck with the Aussies who could see how widespread your representative's abuse really existed within their processing.

I wish you well and can only say that you have to correct the impression that you must have been aware of what your representative was doing by establishing that you were instead a victim.

What country are you in?

Holi

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
Unfortunately, your choice to engage with him is your responsibility. If you've filed police reports about this fraud, it can be useful to include in your application, but you must declare the refusal.
What if I lodge police complaint now, will it be helpful for my visa approval.

Holi

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
P
In my opinion, for what it's worth, you have to open up about the scam within your Canadian application.

You would need to provide his personal details, your suspicions of his widespread scam and knowledge of others negatively effected, and it wouldn't hurt to report his misrepresentation to the Australian immigration authorities and copy that to your Canadian application.

Filing a police report about the scam in your own country would probably help bolster your attempts to regain your integrity.

That you were only 16 suggests that you were non compos mentis when entering into that scam as the processing of an application from someone under 18 would be unusual without a guardian of some sort.

It's a muddle and a good Canadian immigration lawyer ($$,000.00) could provide some order to what would be an iffy prospect for success. You might have more luck with the Aussies who could see how widespread your representative's abuse really existed within their processing.

I wish you well and can only say that you have to correct the impression that you must have been aware of what your representative was doing by establishing that you were instead a victim.

What country are you in?
Pakistan

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
What if I lodge police complaint now, will it be helpful for my visa approval.
It certainly wouldn’t hurt, either now or in the future. The refusal is always going to draw attention to any application you make anywhere. Having done your due diligence will at least give your claim you were a victim of a scam some credibility.

Holi

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020

What country are you in?
What else should I do to make my case strong. I will definitely lodge a police complaint about the scam. Anything else which can boost my application.

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
What else should I do to make my case strong. I will definitely lodge a police complaint about the scam. Anything else which can boost my application.
You have to overcome this declaration of persecution that was made on your behalf earlier. The question of how to make an application stronger requires lots of information from you and that's where lawyers either enter the picture or you might just as well forget about it all together.

I don't know where you're from and as rates of fraud vary from country to country that's an element of every application. If you're from a nation that produces lots of refugee claimants once they arrive in Canada then this is yet another obstacle.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ok now when did you realize which type of vise did they apply on your behalf? Unless they have forged your signature you must have signed something (usually application or a certain type of a consent). And also when they asked you to give biometrics, where was supposed to be a letter with that request stating a reason why fingerprints are requested.
And what was the "story" given in that application.
Rejected refugee visa lead most of the time to denial of any kind of temporary visa for several years.