+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

previous employer in liquidation

Becsa184

Apr 23, 2020
I entered 2 years foreign work experience and have been invited to apply. I'd been in touch with my previous company, knowing they'd sold in 2019. However, now no one is responding and the website says records have now been destroyed.
I was employed during this time through an agency, so I don't even have payslips etc with the company name.
Do I have a chance at explaining this and providing an ex colleagues reference (despite the fact they also won't work there any longer)?
Or better to remove it from my profile?

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
I entered 2 years foreign work experience and have been invited to apply. I'd been in touch with my previous company, knowing they'd sold in 2019. However, now no one is responding and the website says records have now been destroyed.
I was employed during this time through an agency, so I don't even have payslips etc with the company name.
Do I have a chance at explaining this and providing an ex colleagues reference (despite the fact they also won't work there any longer)?
Or better to remove it from my profile?
any other jobs? you max out at 3 so if you have others that wouldn't cause you to not be eligible id remove it

Becsa184

Apr 23, 2020
Thank you. I have one other foreign experience I have a reference for (although not the same NOC code as my Canadian and the 2 years I mentioned).
However, without the foreign work experience points I still have about 470. So I would be ok to remove it?