+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Previous applications

Eylulb

Apr 21, 2018
Hello,

I have been studying in canada for 3 years and I am about to finish my degree. I am going to apply for PGWP.

I had 2 Australian Visa rejections, and on my study permit I filled everything with an agency. I did provide them my refusal letters as well.However, I remember they said “no” on that question and told me it did not matter and I did not really care at that time.

Now there is the same question and I really do not want to lie about it. I want to say yes and provide my refusal letters since the both reasons were they did not believe I was going there for touristic purpose.

If I mention it on my pgwp, are they going to ban me for 5 years because I did not mention it 3 years ago?

Or since pgwp is not a hard permit and I have all the documents, they will just approve?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello,

I have been studying in canada for 3 years and I am about to finish my degree. I am going to apply for PGWP.

I had 2 Australian Visa rejections, and on my study permit I filled everything with an agency. I did provide them my refusal letters as well.However, I remember they said “no” on that question and told me it did not matter and I did not really care at that time.

Now there is the same question and I really do not want to lie about it. I want to say yes and provide my refusal letters since the both reasons were they did not believe I was going there for touristic purpose.

If I mention it on my pgwp, are they going to ban me for 5 years because I did not mention it 3 years ago?

Or since pgwp is not a hard permit and I have all the documents, they will just approve?
I personally know someone ticked "no" and was issued Procedure fairness letter, eventually was banned. But in his situation, he was applying to come to Canada but in your situation you are already in Canada. It is balance between someone who complied with SP conditions and now want to apply for PGWP but misrepresented by answering NO ' to Question 2b of the Background Information section'. If VO want to go back after ticking YES this time, most likely they will issue PFL. I advise to contact Immigration lawyer... who will guide and respond in case situation B happens