+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Preview Score after ITA not showing up

onkarshinde

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Hi All, I received ITA in the CEC category in April 2020. I filled my details and I could see my score under Preview my score. Just 3 days back I updated my work history (No major changes, just added a job with the same NOC) and also updated my personal history that I started my new job. I didn't update the work history with my new job as I read somewhere in this forum that I do not need to update work history and only personal history.

So the problem, after doing all this, under preview my score, its showing totally blank and all categories are mentioned as Not MET. I dont know if its an technical glitch or really some serious problem.

Please help members!

Thanks

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
All your work experience that you're claiming points for must be under your work history, it seems to me that when you were fiddling with your work experience, you may have not listed it properly.

Remember to be eligible for CEC, you need a year of Canadian experience at least. So i would ensure this and your other work experience is listed properly.

onkarshinde

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
All your work experience that you're claiming points for must be under your work history, it seems to me that when you were fiddling with your work experience, you may have not listed it properly.

Remember to be eligible for CEC, you need a year of Canadian experience at least. So i would ensure this and your other work experience is listed properly.
I. checked it multiple times, it's rightly done. I was short of 1 week to complete one year, but i had a positive LMIA with 200 points and a new job, where i am currently working, hence i have completed one year. Though i have not put that into work experience but only in Personal history.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
List your work experience as you've put it in your work and personal history.

Usually the 1 week should not make a difference because the system computes on a monthly basis.

onkarshinde

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
List your work experience as you've put it in your work and personal history.

Usually the 1 week should not make a difference because the system computes on a monthly basis.
Thanks. I started my new job after the ITA, so should i Update the work history too or only personal history? I read somewhere here on forum only personal histroy to be updated and not the work history. Though i did made changes on both and saw but still no preview score available. It was a month back, but its not showing now.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Well i wanted to see how you listed it, so i could see whether the system may be misinterpreting your work experience. You can always use generic terms such as:

Work experience:
Company A - Occupation X - 01-2019 to 12-2019

Something like that.

Your latest employment should be listed in work experience if you're claiming points for it and you can provide the necessary work reference for it. Otherwise, you can put it in personal history if you want from what i know.

But what's important is that the 12 months of work experience you need to qualify for CEC and which you are claiming points for is listed under work history.

Last edited:

onkarshinde

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Well i wanted to see how you listed it, so i could see whether the system may be misinterpreting your work experience. You can always use generic terms such as:

Work experience:
Company A - Occupation X - 01-2019 to 12-2019

Something like that.

Your latest employment should be listed in work experience if you're claiming points for it and you can provide the necessary work reference for it. Otherwise, you can put it in personal history if you want from what i know.

But what's important is that the 12 months of work experience you need to qualify for CEC and which you are claiming points for is listed under work history.
Sure. Company A: April 2019 to March 2020. Company B (I have positive LMIA and WP) June 2020 to current. I have listed only Company A experience in work history and Company B in Personal History but not in Work History. So Technically I am claiming points for Company A only and new job offer points for Company B. Hope this helps

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Hmmmm, it could be the system is calculating it as 01 April 2019 to 01 March 2020, which would count it as 11 months.

Try changing it to April 2020 and see if it changes your eligibility.

onkarshinde

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Hmmmm, it could be the system is calculating it as 01 April 2019 to 01 March 2020, which would count it as 11 months.

Try changing it to April 2020 and see if it changes your eligibility.
Still same. Not Met in all categories and everything else blank. This was not the case till few weeks, it started from last few days.