+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Prevent my girlfriend and I to be separated

dger

Jul 22, 2018
Hello everyone,
I'm canadian and I met my girlfriend in university.
We are living together since 3 months officially (joint lease) and living together for 7 months in total.
My girlfriend and I are dealing with a tough situation here, She is an international student studying in Québec and her CAQ extension application got refused supposedly because of insufficient funds, short story, she re-sent an application providing additional proofs of her funds. Everything was covered, every needed piece of paper was sent and then, the fund issue was solved, but now they say she did not provide an insurance proof covering the entire school year. The thing is that she did send it and as a matther of fact, she is and was with Blue Cross since 2016 and she sent her card in the application. Now we realise the card does not specify the covered period... so it's probably because of that... I guess we have to assume they can't check nothing on their side... We are checking that issue with Blue Cross at the moment.
Now our actual questioning: We are having troubles with CAQ, there is still the Study permit restoration of status application that was sent at the same time as the CAQ. We are applying for the study permit within the 90 days following her study permit expiration.

The thing is that she is currently applying for the study permit without yet having the CAQ.

The worst fear we have is that she might be forced to leave Canada if her study permit gets refused because her CAQ is not yet approved.
We don't want to leave each other.
What other solutions could we look at?
Visitor visa?
Thank you in advance for your help and advice!