+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRETORIA SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Diamond David

Jan 25, 2020
Hi everyone

there hasn’t been any activity on here. I am
Canadian, my husband is Angolan. Our application for spousal sponsorship (Outland) has been sent in December 20, 2019. I’ve received AOR1, SA, biometrics request (all in January 2020 from Sydney, NS) and now our file has been sent to Pretoria for further processing.

Any news/updates on PR processing times in South Africa?

ruanp28

Feb 24, 2016
Hi everyone

there hasn’t been any activity on here. I am
Canadian, my husband is Angolan. Our application for spousal sponsorship (Outland) has been sent in December 20, 2019. I’ve received AOR1, SA, biometrics request (all in January 2020 from Sydney, NS) and now our file has been sent to Pretoria for further processing.

Any news/updates on PR processing times in South Africa?
Hi.

To give you an idea -

We applied in September 2018. AOR received in December 2019. After that it went very quick, received my COPR about 3 months later I think. From my experience, the Pretoria VO was quick and always responded timely when I e-mailed them questions during my application.

Reactions: Diamond David

Diamond David

Jan 25, 2020
Hi.

To give you an idea -

We applied in September 2018. AOR received in December 2019. After that it went very quick, received my COPR about 3 months later I think. From my experience, the Pretoria VO was quick and always responded timely when I e-mailed them questions during my application.
oh that’s great to hear, thank you for responding so quickly. I am praying for a similar outcome!

Diamond David

Jan 25, 2020
Another question... when South Africa VO requests an interview - do you know where it would take place (at an office or video)? My spouse is in Angola so it would be difficult to go to SA.

ruanp28

Feb 24, 2016
Another question... when South Africa VO requests an interview - do you know where it would take place (at an office or video)? My spouse is in Angola so it would be difficult to go to SA.
The interview would be held in the country where the applicant currently is - IF there is an interview requested. So if they want to interview your spouse, it would be in Angola. If they want to interview you, it would be the VO where you are. That is how it is according to my knowledge. They would not expect you or your spouse to fly to another country to do an interview, UNLESS you for example applied inland while outside of Canada. But if yo applied outland, you will be good.

Reactions: Diamond David