+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Preparing to Land in Toronto / Thing and stuff what we have to get to canada

Sam0130

Feb 22, 2007
Hello every one
I been new comer here, been reading this forum for month or so and have found it really helpful. My Question is me and my family is just been granted Immigration for Canada and we are planning to land in Toronto in end of April 2007, We are originally from Pakistan, and like to know that what are the thing what we should bring along with us from Pakistan for settling there, we are planning to rent a two bedroom Apartment in Toronto, we have one baby 6 months old. Kindly advice us regarding Importing thing to do, to bring along with us…any advices are welcome. Thanks Regards SAM

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
Hi Sam0130

you can start reading the following newcomer guide, it is very clear and helpful

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomer/guide/index.html

Good luck and congratultions!!
Eduardo

manzar66

Nov 1, 2006
Sam,

Congratulation, I have different question keeping an on going discussion in view, How much time it took you to get your visa, or when did you filed your application, please respond if you could, I know you must be quite busy and excited.

Thanks & best of luck

shabab

Star Member
Jan 25, 2007
Hi Sam0130

Take care of the following before your start from Pakistan:

Pakistani Passports with Visa
COPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residence – IMM5292) Letter
Proof of Funds available (traveler’s checks or whatever convenient)
Few photos of each family members with CIC specifications
Goods to Follow List
Keep copies of ALL Passports with stamped Visas in safe custody
Other identification papers (your Pakistani ID)
Birth certificates of all family members
Marriage certificate
Medical records for whole family
Dental records (if you have any)
Vaccination Booklet for the child
Valid driver's license (good if you have International)
Diplomas, degrees and other proofs of education
Academic credentials evaluation report
Academic transcripts
Course and internship descriptions
Proof of employment (from Pakistani employers)
Proof of work experience
Reference letters from previous and current employers
Professional qualification certificates
Up-to-date resume or summary of work experience, with any letters or recommendation from former employers

This is what I would do before my landing.

Landing in Canada thru any Port of Entry, check this link:
www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/contact/listing/indexpages/indextype38-e.html

Good Luck
Shabab

Sam0130

Feb 22, 2007
Thanks to all for advices, I will keep all in mind infact working on those stuff already,

MR Mr.manzar66 ; I have filed my case back in Oct 2004 and I finally received my medical back in June 2006, we cant get my medical done due to my wife expecting, we have filed our medical papers in 2007 Jan, and finally got our passports request on Feb 2007, our case was transfered from kuwait to London ...hope that info can be help to all ....thanks again. Good luck to all .

mjd

Jul 26, 2005
Its really very fast

I also want to know what to include in my shopping list and from where to shop in Lahore.

Sam0130

Feb 22, 2007
MR.hasham1983
Yes I have understood your question pretty much, but to my knowledge you will be granted point on your current educational, and experience.

MR. mjd
I am residing in Lahore as well, been shopping from different places, like Pace, Gulberg, Iqbal town, I am not sure about your status, I am a married guy with a baby so our shopping is been based on Baby stuff and family stuff rather then other ...by the way when u r planning to move ? keep in touch . thanks

softncool

Star Member
Oct 31, 2006
Pakistan
Thank You SAM,
I got it now. Bec you applied from London, thats the reason. Otherwise I have seen 2001 people still waiting. CIC Islamabad is very slow. Takes around 60+ months.

Regards,
Cool

mjd

Jul 26, 2005
SAM
I am single and palnning to land in June/July. I will land in Toronto insha Allah.