+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Preparing Oath Ceremony

hungkubu

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
Hello everyone,

1. Can you please advise which documents we need to present in the ceremony?
2. What do we do during the ceremony?
3. Can we change the address to receive the citizenship certificate in the ceremony?

Thanks,

Shinra_Tensei

Star Member
May 5, 2022
Hello everyone,

1. Can you please advise which documents we need to present in the ceremony?
2. What do we do during the ceremony?
3. Can we change the address to receive the citizenship certificate in the ceremony?

Thanks,
1. You will need 2 pieces of ID (driver's license and health card should be fine) as well as your PR card (the officer will ask you to cut it with scissors in front of him)
2. When you first log in, you will wait for a few minutes before being transferred to the main zoom room, then you will be transferred to a breakout waiting room for about half an hour, they will ask you to change your zoom name to your seat number that you have at the top of the oath invite. After the waiting, you will be transferred to a private room with an officer, he will confirm your identity and address and ask you some basic questions (mainly if you're in Canada and whether or not you have any urgent travel plans). After that, you will be transferred again to the main zoom room for waiting which can last anywhere from 15 to 45 minutes until they get time to verify everybody's identity and address. After that, you will take the oath and sing the national anthem as a group with all the other applicants in front of a judge. Once that's done, they will give you (again as a group) some post ceremony instructions (mainly on how to sign and return the oath form)
3. Yes, I did it myself. You need to mention that to the agent during the phase where he verifies IDs and confirms address, he will also ask you to send the new address in the email where you return the signed oath form.

hungkubu

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
1. You will need 2 pieces of ID (driver's license and health card should be fine) as well as your PR card (the officer will ask you to cut it with scissors in front of him)
2. When you first log in, you will wait for a few minutes before being transferred to the main zoom room, then you will be transferred to a breakout waiting room for about half an hour, they will ask you to change your zoom name to your seat number that you have at the top of the oath invite. After the waiting, you will be transferred to a private room with an officer, he will confirm your identity and address and ask you some basic questions (mainly if you're in Canada and whether or not you have any urgent travel plans). After that, you will be transferred again to the main zoom room for waiting which can last anywhere from 15 to 45 minutes until they get time to verify everybody's identity and address. After that, you will take the oath and sing the national anthem as a group with all the other applicants in front of a judge. Once that's done, they will give you (again as a group) some post ceremony instructions (mainly on how to sign and return the oath form)
3. Yes, I did it myself. You need to mention that to the agent during the phase where he verifies IDs and confirms address, he will also ask you to send the new address in the email where you return the signed oath form.
My health card has expired, can I use it for the ID? or can I use passport instead?

Shinra_Tensei

Star Member
May 5, 2022
My health card has expired, can I use it for the ID? or can I use passport instead?
I believe I read in other posts that it's okay to have an expired health card, but just to be on the safe side, have your passport ready as well in case the agent asks for it.