+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Preparing for the test

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hello. I read on IRCC official website that they started to invite some people to take the test online. I read the official booklet twice months ago, and now preparing through online tests like here and here. My question is: how similar the actual test's questions to the questions in these online tests? In other words, would it be enough to go through these online tests as a refresher before taking the test, or it's better to go through the booklet again?

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON
Apparently the online questions are similar to those of the test. In any case, if you've done enough practise tests, then you've basically got all the material in. Just make sure to keep a note of your weak points.

It doesn't hurt to go through the booklet once again, but depending on how well you give tests, it could be overkill.

Reactions: CaBeaver

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hello. I read on IRCC official website that they started to invite some people to take the test online. I read the official booklet twice months ago, and now preparing through online tests like here and here. My question is: how similar the actual test's questions to the questions in these online tests? In other words, would it be enough to go through these online tests as a refresher before taking the test, or it's better to go through the booklet again?
I think that we can finish reading for test in a week. As we dont know when they would invite us for test, its better not to start reading on it till we get the invite(since we have 3 weeks time to complete). We may forget what we prepared if we prepare on it months earlier or it will be boring after sometime or it will make us expecting the test invite soon(which is not in our hands). ;)

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Apparently the online questions are similar to those of the test. In any case, if you've done enough practise tests, then you've basically got all the material in. Just make sure to keep a note of your weak points.

It doesn't hurt to go through the booklet once again, but depending on how well you give tests, it could be overkill.
It doesn't hurt, but I was thinking maybe these practice tests highlights the key points in the booklet, and they are enough.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I think that we can finish reading for test in a week. As we dont know when they would invite us for test, its better not to start reading on it till we get the invite(since we have 3 weeks time to complete). We may forget what we prepared if we prepare on it months earlier or it will be boring after sometime or it will make us expecting the test invite soon(which is not in our hands). ;)
I read it months ago before they closed. Just to make sure I understood you correctly: after they send us the invitation we have 3 weeks to complete the online test? 3 weeks are more than enough time to read it.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Just to make sure I understood you correctly: after they send us the invitation we have 3 weeks to complete the online test?
Yes, with online test, we get test invite to complete the test in 3 weeks with a starting date of future date.
Last week, few of the members received test invite for the test starting from Dec1st to get completed within 3 weeks from 1st.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/tutorial.html

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
The practice tests cover most of the booklet content, and are more than enough to easily pass the test, but there may be an odd question you'll be happy you read the booklet for. I had one of those...

That doesn't matter much, the difference between a result of 18 or 19 and 20/20, but it definitely doesn't harm to read it all again, at least once.