Very Soon
LANDED..........
April 2016
zuszus said:
Hi, my interview is on 8th oct at 1 pm.
i am from Pakistan.
Thanks
Hello ZusZus,

We can meet up in Dubai or Abu Dhabi if you wish.

I m flying tomorrow to Dubai

My number is 03008224899

asulike

Aug 7, 2014
We had our interview on Sep 16 at NDVO.

The time they given was 9.15am, but there was almost 1 hour waiting time. The interview took 45 minutes and the Visa Officer was asked about everything - such as personal details of me, my spouse, kids, detailed explanation my and my spouse's job, details of parents, brothers, sisters, even the date of birth of kids, their education status etc. In fact the Visa Officer asked about everything we furnished on the forms, plus additional questions based on it. At the end of the interview, VO asked for the new PCC and photos and it ended in positive manner.

To precise, I cannot say that the interview was not easy or not tough - but it covers everything. And the VO was not rude or not too soft - but was in a neutral mind and allowed enough time to answer the questions.

If you are about to face interview, do not get tensed. Go through the entire application forms again and again and stick on whatever you specified on the application. Success will be yours :)

Update :: And we got the Medical Instruction on Oct 1.

rabiboy

Dec 22, 2014
UAE
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 August 2014
Nomination.....
03 December 2014
Med's Request
05 October 2015
Med's Done....
19 October 2015
Interview........
04 October 2015
Passport Req..
28 October 2015 Passport Submitted: 19 November 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa On Hand: 16 December 2015.. Thank GOD!!!
Hello Everyone,

I had an interview recently (04-Oct. 2015) at Canadian Embassy Abu Dhabi. My interview experience with the Visa Officer is such a wonderful experience. The VO is very nice, kind and polite enough to make you comfortable during the session.

Most of the questions are focused on my current job, I think the VO wants to check if my current job matches the NOC which I have applied for.
I have also listed few of the questions that I can remember.

- Tell me about your previous jobs
- What is your typical workday
- What is your current job description
- What are the qualifications required for your current job
- Examples of my work / projects
- Provide scenarios and details about my current job
- Projects that I am currently working on
- Describe how the implementation process works
- Provide details about project plans
- Provide details about the Learning Management System & how does it work
- Provide the name of the company that you are currently working on
- Where in Canada do I want to settle and why

She told me that she was satisfied with my answers and collected the updated forms (Schedule A, Your Travels & Additional family Information) as well as our police clearance.

She then told me about the next step which is our medical and if everything is ok will proceed with Visa Stamping.

I have also listed few of the things that might help you prepare for an interview:

1. Stay away from caffeine (Redbull & Coffee) - A friend advised me to stay away from caffeine to avoid jitters.
2. Do a mock interview for several days - I would highly recommend this method, my wife has been very supportive to me and she manage to ask me all of the possible questions from this forum. After our session, she always provide her comments and it helped me a lot. Thanks to my wife for being supportive.
3. Be confident - Relax and take a deep breath, it will come to a point that you'll get nervous and staying away from caffeine helped me a lot.
4. Know your job - The VO can ask anything about your job, do not lie and tell the truth.
5. Look in the eyes of the VO, smile when you can, keep your hands on top of the table and establish a positive body language.
6. Do not rush when you're answering a question, make sure that you understand the question.

I hope the above helps.

All the best for all aspirants!

RC

zuszus

Aug 28, 2009
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2014
AOR Received.
25-11-2014
Med's Request
08 Oct. 2015
Med's Done....
21 Oct 2015
Interview........
8 Oct. 2015
Passport Req..
no
VISA ISSUED...
no
LANDED..........
no
Muhammad Shoaib said:
Hello ZusZus,

We can meet up in Dubai or Abu Dhabi if you wish.

I m flying tomorrow to Dubai

My number is 03008224899
Hello Everyone,

I had an interview recently (08-Oct. 2015 at 130 pm) at Canadian Embassy Abu Dhabi. i reached there 1 hour in advance to have some time to settle. the interview started at 145 and would have lasted for 30-45 minutes. i would say it was just a pleasant meeting not an interview. the VO has complete knowledge of my case was in a mood to approve the case unless i proved her otherwise. she was just verifying whatever i have submitted and making sure it is as per the defined guidelines. The VO herself was very nice, kind and polite and makes sure you are settled down and comfortable enough before proceeding with the conversation.

the conversation started with asking for passport and after verifying ID she proceeded with collection of updated forms. in the forms , i mistakenly checked "no" in previously applied question, which she pointed it out and asked me to correct with pen and sign it again.

next, she asked questions about my qualification and reason for me to switch to management from engineering. Then she asked courses i took in MBA and asked my degree and Transcript to note related courses.

Next she asked questions about my work experience and requested experience letters. i showed her letters i which i submitted plus my others job related letters e.g yearly performance and tax certificates related to my NOC. looking at the bunch of experience related documents, she felt happy and said "its easy to evaluate candidates if you have more documents". Then she asked to explain my role in detail and some typical project experience of my application NOC. As soon as she felt i know what i am talking, she asked similar questions about my current job. (note: i have mentioned current job NOC different from the one i have applied).

Moving on, she requested original "Nikkah Nama" which i had with me but not submitted (since it was in urdu). She just requested for it and made a quick copy and returned back.

After that she started explaining me about next steps. Wondering she missed something, i started asking whether she forgot to request my updated CV, spouse documents or proof of funds. ;) She just took a look of my bank certificates and statements and returned all of it. Note here that i applied as a principle applicants and submitted additional fees after i received interview call. also i have number of mistakes in additional family information form of my spouse which i sent the update after interview mail. she accepted the update forms and just asked for any further update. she collected the updated security letters for me and my wife.

she was courteous enough to mention that once security clearance is done for which she cannot determine any timeframe, it will be a speedy process. she repeatedly said, don't worry if you didnt hear from us soon, we will be working on your case and we will not forget you.

by the same evening, i received the mail from CHC London for the next step and next morning i received mail for my medicals.

I hope the above helps.

All the best for all aspirants!

Kashifshah

Apr 15, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London visa office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
Doc's Request.
27th July 2010
AOR Received.
March 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with docs
File Transfer...
Aug 2011
Med's Request
Hope to get soon
Dear fellas!!!

I just recieved my passport request from cic london, now my question is since iam residing in other country i just sent my passport to pakistan, can my wife send all the passports to chc islamabad through tcs or do i need to send it through vfs?? Is it necessary to send it through vfs or can my wife send it through tcs???
Plz reply

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Kashifshah said:
Dear fellas!!!

I just recieved my passport request from cic london, now my question is since iam residing in other country i just sent my passport to pakistan, can my wife send all the passports to chc islamabad through tcs or do i need to send it through vfs?? Is it necessary to send it through vfs or can my wife send it through tcs???
Plz reply
Hi Kashifshah, just keeping in touch to now how you handled your passports? Hope things went well and you're expecting your passports with visas. Cheers.

nasha27

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sharing my interview experience at Abu Dhabi held in October 2015. Alhamdulilah I cleared the interview and got the MR and RPRF email within 10 minutes of leaving the embassy. :)

I Reached embassy 30 minutes early and waited for my name to be called. It’s a small hall with many chairs and 5 – 6 people were waiting. Then I went inside and greeted the visa officer (young lady – probably BWJ but can’t be sure) she asked me to be seated. Checked my passport and briefly explained the interview process and that it will determine your eligibility and I have the power to decide your case and if we found that you have lied….your application will be rejected. She kept a very neutral or rather straight forward attitude throughout the interview until she told me that I have cleared this step of eligibility review.

Then she asked for updated forms and employment letters…asked if I have used any representative or I have any medical history...then asked for salary slips or bank statement reflecting deposit of salary. She even asked about the salary slip of my past employer 4 years old. Fortunately I had one slip and tax certificate from them. Checked my original educational certificates.

Contrary to my expectations, she started questioning about my past work experience such as…what was my role…what that company does….asked to explain one of the points from the reference letter…how long did you work....why you left the job…how many people in team etc…why clients hired your company…

Then she started questioning about current job in detail and asked to explain and give example from 4 different roles mentioned in my letter and asked leading questions. Then asked about company size…department size and how many ppl report to you. Few more questions such as:

Will your qualification be accredited in Canada?
Have you searched for your job? What’s the potential market etc?
Where and why would you land to your destination?
Any friends / relatives and what they do?
Why moving to Canada when you are well established here?

She told you have cleared eligibility and that is a good news…administrative part of the process remains which includes medical payment of fees…background checks etc. Told you can get medical the next day or after 2 weeks….and explained that you will have to stay 730 days to retain your PR status. I asked about estimated time left for visa…she said can’t be promised but the sooner you respond and do medical the sooner you will get visa.

In the end she thanked and I reciprocated the same. Left the embassy and sat at Starbucks area at Abu Dhabi mall and got RPRF and MR from BWJ email within 10 minutes of leaving interview room Alhamdulilah :) and got the medical instructions the next day.

The interview is mainly to establish whether your experience is genuine and that you have performed the roles mentioned in the reference letter and whether they are consistent with NOC applied. They are supportive usually. She even joked during the latter part of interview.

Hope this helps as I got a lot of help from this forum and experience of other candidates. All the best to all of you and good wishes for smooth process ahead :)

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
nasha27 said:
Sharing my interview experience at Abu Dhabi held in October 2015. Alhamdulilah I cleared the interview and got the MR and RPRF email within 10 minutes of leaving the embassy. :)

I Reached embassy 30 minutes early and waited for my name to be called. It’s a small hall with many chairs and 5 – 6 people were waiting. Then I went inside and greeted the visa officer (young lady – probably BWJ but can’t be sure) she asked me to be seated. Checked my passport and briefly explained the interview process and that it will determine your eligibility and I have the power to decide your case and if we found that you have lied….your application will be rejected. She kept a very neutral or rather straight forward attitude throughout the interview until she told me that I have cleared this step of eligibility review.

Then she asked for updated forms and employment letters…asked if I have used any representative or I have any medical history...then asked for salary slips or bank statement reflecting deposit of salary. She even asked about the salary slip of my past employer 4 years old. Fortunately I had one slip and tax certificate from them. Checked my original educational certificates.

Contrary to my expectations, she started questioning about my past work experience such as…what was my role…what that company does….asked to explain one of the points from the reference letter…how long did you work....why you left the job…how many people in team etc…why clients hired your company…

Then she started questioning about current job in detail and asked to explain and give example from 4 different roles mentioned in my letter and asked leading questions. Then asked about company size…department size and how many ppl report to you. Few more questions such as:

Will your qualification be accredited in Canada?
Have you searched for your job? What’s the potential market etc?
Where and why would you land to your destination?
Any friends / relatives and what they do?
Why moving to Canada when you are well established here?

She told you have cleared eligibility and that is a good news…administrative part of the process remains which includes medical payment of fees…background checks etc. Told you can get medical the next day or after 2 weeks….and explained that you will have to stay 730 days to retain your PR status. I asked about estimated time left for visa…she said can’t be promised but the sooner you respond and do medical the sooner you will get visa.

In the end she thanked and I reciprocated the same. Left the embassy and sat at Starbucks area at Abu Dhabi mall and got RPRF and MR from BWJ email within 10 minutes of leaving interview room Alhamdulilah :) and got the medical instructions the next day.

The interview is mainly to establish whether your experience is genuine and that you have performed the roles mentioned in the reference letter and whether they are consistent with NOC applied. They are supportive usually. She even joked during the latter part of interview.

Hope this helps as I got a lot of help from this forum and experience of other candidates. All the best to all of you and good wishes for smooth process ahead :)
Congratulations, nice update.

Kashifshah

Apr 15, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London visa office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
Doc's Request.
27th July 2010
AOR Received.
March 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with docs
File Transfer...
Aug 2011
Med's Request
Hope to get soon
Pipis Husband said:
Hi Kashifshah, just keeping in touch to now how you handled your passports? Hope things went well and you're expecting your passports with visas. Cheers.
Derar pipis!!!!
U are a great man!!!! U are a great help!!!
Actually in my ppr request the visa officer suggested to send passport to embassy through vfs but instead i choose tcs ( a courier service) and the tracking number showed that our passorts were delivered to embassy but i was wondering wheather i had done this wrong, will this creat any problem??? Should i contact my visa officer or what iam worried that what if they havent got our passports at all... Plz advise

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Kashifshah said:
Derar pipis!!!!
U are a great man!!!! U are a great help!!!
Actually in my ppr request the visa officer suggested to send passport to embassy through vfs but instead i choose tcs ( a courier service) and the tracking number showed that our passorts were delivered to embassy but i was wondering wheather i had done this wrong, will this creat any problem??? Should i contact my visa officer or what iam worried that what if they havent got our passports at all... Plz advise
Hi, don't worry at all. As long as you received confirmation that your passport was delivered, it's okay. Sometimes, VOs take up to another 6 weeks to release the passport. This is not unusual, there are many instances of this in the forum and if you check the global spreadsheet, you'll see this.

You can send a polite email to the Visa officer, stating you sent your passports as requested. Quote the date it was received at their office and if available, the name of their officer who signed for it. They may or may not reply, but if they do, you will know the status of your passports. All the best.

Kashifshah

Apr 15, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London visa office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
Doc's Request.
27th July 2010
AOR Received.
March 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with docs
File Transfer...
Aug 2011
Med's Request
Hope to get soon
Pipis Husband said:
Hi, don't worry at all. As long as you received confirmation that your passport was delivered, it's okay. Sometimes, VOs take up to another 6 weeks to release the passport. This is not unusual, there are many instances of this in the forum and if you check the global spreadsheet, you'll see this.

You can send a polite email to the Visa officer, stating you sent your passports as requested. Quote the date it was received at their office and if available, the name of their officer who signed for it. They may or may not reply, but if they do, you will know the status of your passports. All the best.
Thankyou for replying, u know its really a relief when someone gives u a warm advise, u always has been a kind person, right from where i had interview u were there to help till now may GOD bless u and give u good health and life..
Regards

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Kashifshah said:
Thankyou for replying, u know its really a relief when someone gives u a warm advise, u always has been a kind person, right from where i had interview u were there to help till now may GOD bless u and give u good health and life..
Regards
God bless you too brother, bless us all. Amen :)

minime123

Oct 19, 2015
asulike said:

The time they given was 9.15am, but there was almost 1 hour waiting time. The interview took 45 minutes and the Visa Officer was asked about everything - such as personal details of me, my spouse, kids, detailed explanation my and my spouse's job, details of parents, brothers, sisters, even the date of birth of kids, their education status etc. In fact the Visa Officer asked about everything we furnished on the forms, plus additional questions based on it. At the end of the interview, VO asked for the new PCC and photos and it ended in positive manner.

To precise, I cannot say that the interview was not easy or not tough - but it covers everything. And the VO was not rude or not too soft - but was in a neutral mind and allowed enough time to answer the questions.

If you are about to face interview, do not get tensed. Go through the entire application forms again and again and stick on whatever you specified on the application. Success will be yours :)

Thank you for sharing. My husband is scheduled for interview too. May I ask if did the VO ask for an updated bank certificate for the settlement fund?

minime123

Oct 19, 2015
asulike said:

Thank you for sharing. It gives us hope somehow. My husband is scheduled for interview too. I am just curious if VO will check for the updated bank certificate for the settlement fund?

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
minime123 said:
Thank you for sharing. It gives us hope somehow. My husband is scheduled for interview too. I am just curious if VO will check for the updated bank certificate for the settlement fund?
Yes, updated proof of fund should be in place. All the best to your husband.