+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Prepare an interview

Hetal.P

Apr 14, 2015
Hi All,
I am from India.
I have 5.6 years of Experience in Webservices and Manual Testing.
Can anyone tell me if we can get interview calls for this profile?
Want to know the chances of getting interview calls and job in this domain.
If anyone has got call from EE and given interview in testing domain, please share experience.

Thanks in advance.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Hetal.P said:
Hi All,
I am from India.
If anyone has got call from EE and given interview in testing domain, please share experience.

Thanks in advance.
Hi, interview call can come for any profession depending on the processing and review being done by the VO officer. There is no set parameter to determine if and when the interview call will come. The advise is to be prepared for anything. If you want to get info about interview experiences, read backwards on this thread to see what other applicants have passed through. All the best.

rahul20978

Dec 16, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, changed to Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Copies of passport
AOR Received.
16-04-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
28-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-08-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2015
LANDED..........
planning in June 2016
Pipis Husband said:
Hi, interview call can come for any profession depending on the processing and review being done by the VO officer. There is no set parameter to determine if and when the interview call will come. The advise is to be prepared for anything. If you want to get info about interview experiences, read backwards on this thread to see what other applicants have passed through. All the best.
I think he's asking about job interviews.

rahul20978

Dec 16, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, changed to Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Copies of passport
AOR Received.
16-04-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
28-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-08-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2015
LANDED..........
planning in June 2016
Hetal.P said:
Hi All,
I am from India.

Thanks in advance.
From what I've heard, they are more into automated testing in Canada these days, and there's not that much scope for manual testing. But you can always create your EE profile and try your luck.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
rahul20978 said:
From what I've heard, they are more into automated testing in Canada these days, and there's not that much scope for manual testing. But you can always create your EE profile and try your luck.
In that case, he can try his luck on the job boards and recruiting sites. I wish you the best.

Kashifshah

Apr 15, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London visa office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
Doc's Request.
27th July 2010
AOR Received.
March 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with docs
File Transfer...
Aug 2011
Med's Request
Hope to get soon
Hello guys!!!

It's been 5 big years since my initial application, and 6 months back I had interview in Islamabad embassy but till now when ever we mail them they say that back ground checks are pending, in their recent reply they said ""Background checks remain outstanding, but we have followed up on progress." what does this mean are they giving us a fake hope or should I expect something, me and my family is so frustrated right now becoz of this Long process, please pray for us that we get the medical soon.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Kashifshah said:
Hello guys!!!

It's been 5 big years since my initial application, and 6 months back I had interview in Islamabad embassy but till now when ever we mail them they say that back ground checks are pending, in their recent reply they said ""Background checks remain outstanding, but we have followed up on progress." what does this mean are they giving us a fake hope or should I expect something, me and my family is so frustrated right now becoz of this Long process, please pray for us that we get the medical soon.
5 years is a really long wait, you have been fantastic waiting so long. We are praying with you sir, all the best.

parhar51

Sep 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
N/A
LANDED..........
APRIL 26,2013
Kashifshah said:
Hello guys!!!

@kashifshah,

Ur time line suggests that urs is a pre June 2010 case.The applicants of this period have been subjected to untold agony.But, most of them got their visas in 2013-2014.It is pity that u are still made to wait even when ur BG check had commenced in March 2012. So much so,u were reportedly interviewed 6 mths. back nd yet no further news form VO. Have U ever ordered FOR CAIP NOTES,the only authentic way to know the exact position of ur file? If u have not done it before ,please go for it.

All said nd done,I pray from the hearts of my heart for a positive nd happy news for u ,at he earliest.

Good luck nd May God bless all !!!!

parhar51

Kashifshah

Apr 15, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London visa office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
Doc's Request.
27th July 2010
AOR Received.
March 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with docs
File Transfer...
Aug 2011
Med's Request
Hope to get soon
parhar51 said:
@ kashifshah,

Ur time line suggests that urs is a pre June 2010 case.The applicants of this period have been subjected to untold agony.But, most of them got their visas in 2013-2014.It is pity that u are still made to wait even when ur BG check had commenced in March 2012. So much so,u were reportedly interviewed 6 mths. back nd yet no further news form VO. Have U ever ordered FOR CAIP NOTES,the only authentic way to know the exact position of ur file? If u have not done it before ,please go for it.

All said nd done,I pray from the hearts of my heart for a positive nd happy news for u ,at he earliest.

Good luck nd May God bless all !!!!

parhar51
Thank you buddy for ur wishes, it's so nice when u hear someone praying for u, at least I think may be ur prayers are answered, I have ordered caips but it does not show anything, at least this time they replied that the file is in progress, let's hope and pray that I get medical soon..

S2174

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
Kashifshah said:
Thank you buddy for ur wishes, it's so nice when u hear someone praying for u, at least I think may be ur prayers are answered, I have ordered caips but it does not show anything, at least this time they replied that the file is in progress, let's hope and pray that I get medical soon..
InshAllah u wud get ur medical soon. Its really heart breaking to see cases like urs. Lvo is totally unpredictable. And after interview there is left no reason for delay. I wish u all the very best. Slute to u and ur family for ur patience.

Kashifshah

Apr 15, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London visa office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
Doc's Request.
27th July 2010
AOR Received.
March 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with docs
File Transfer...
Aug 2011
Med's Request
Hope to get soon
S2174 said:
InshAllah u wud get ur medical soon. Its really heart breaking to see cases like urs. Lvo is totally unpredictable. And after interview there is left no reason for delay. I wish u all the very best. Slute to u and ur family for ur patience.
Thankyou so much for your kind wishes..

Haiderzaidi

Sep 12, 2014
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Seniors & Experts,

I notice this thread was created in 2007 & its not 2015... Has the interview changed within these years?

I am recently called for an interview, I am really nervous & collapsed in short... How is the interview these days & what are there concerns?

What needs to be carried?

I even cant think of the questions right now?

The Vo is Sydney Australia... Anyone has experienced Sydney VO?

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Haiderzaidi said:
Hi Seniors & Experts,

I notice this thread was created in 2007 & its not 2015... Has the interview changed within these years?

I am recently called for an interview, I am really nervous & collapsed in short... How is the interview these days & what are there concerns?

Hi, there's no need to be concerned, just remain calm. The good news is that the interview questions will come from your application so just study your documents and forms. The format for the interviews is the same across all the VOs so just read backwards on the thread and study the interview experiences of the applicants who have shared their interviews with us. With this, you will be fine. All the best.

Kafil

Jan 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Haiderzaidi said:
Hi Seniors & Experts,

@ Haiderzaidi

Following is my very own interview experience (my NOC is same as yours 1111), hope it makes you mentally relaxed and motivated. You may also go through the thread
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/interview-call-from-lvo-in-abu-dhabi-t180658.1890.html to read experiences of recently interviewed candidates. Just prepare yourself and pray with the belief that ALLAH Almighty will help you:

Since this forum has become completely stagnant and i thought with some of the 2015 applicants lined up for their interviews throughout this week, may be it would be a good idea for me to share my own interview experience:

My interview was held at CHC Abu Dhabi on 22nd March 2015. I reached the embassy building well in advance so i just roamed through Abu Dhabi Mall (CHC is located on 9th and 10th Floor of West Tower of Abu Dhabi Mall). That helped me a lot in easing my nerves before the big occasion. After going through customary security checks, i started waiting for my name to be called. Finally, the slide of a window in front of me was raised by a young man who announced my name and told me to proceed to interview room. Then and there, i realized now is the time to make the impact. I entered the room and settled down. The visa officer arrived after a while and greeted me and asked me how i was doing and how was my trip to Abu Dhabi.

The Visa officer introduced himself and told me that he is responsible for the processing of my application and that he has the authority to determine my eligibility to be awarded PR to Canada. To begin with, he asked for my passport and inquired about my previous travel history. Then he asked about my work experience documents, i passed it on to him, he looked at it and asked me quite a few question related to my job like what i do in this role, how i found this job, why did i switch over to this job from my previous employer etc. Then he also asked about my family members and inquired about my parents and if they will reunite with me in Canada in the future. Afterwards, he asked for me to show him updated Proof of Funds as well as PCC which i did. He also looked at some of my Education Certificates. In the end, he took all my forms i.e. Schedule A, Supplementary Travel Information and Additional Family Information and said that these will be enclosed in my Case file.

Bear in mind that the Visa officer continued to type something on the system every time he looked at my documents. Finally, the moment arrived when he said "i am satisfied with your eligibility and accepting your application for further processing". He informed me about MR being the next step. He also provided me with valuable advice regarding my settlement issues in Canada and gave me fruitful tips to integrate into the Canadian Society.

So as per my experience, following are the points to be considered to have a successful interview:

1- Be prepared for every single word of your immigration file and expect to be asked about anything from anywhere in your application.
2- You must remember that you are the one who provided all the information in your case file and therefore, its you who should have complete command.
3- Remain calm and composed, keep a smile and always look into the eyes of the Visa officer, remember confidence speaks for itself.
4- Make sure you understand the VO's question, if you are in doubt, you are well within your rights for the question to be repeated.
5- Speak at a medium pace and as clearly as possible.
6- I did not wear any Jacket or Coat so i would recommend you to do the same because remember, physically relaxed body will eventually lead to a peaceful mind (which is exactly what you need for a successful interview)
7- This is an "Interview", not some "Interrogation" so treat it as such.
8- Generally, Visa officers are quite friendly and they make you feel completely at ease. My experience was no different. So you also need to reciprocate the same attitude.
9- Last but not least, have faith in Almighty ALLAH, pray with a firm belief deep down your heart that In Sha ALLAH you will walk out of the Embassy building with a huge smile on your face.

Members who are scheduled to be interviewed on 23rd, 24th, 25th and 26th March are humbly requested to follow my suit and share their valuable experience as it will help all those who might be interviewed later this year or sometime in the future.

Sorry for such a lengthy post but believe me, i have summarized it as much as possible.

All the best and remember me in your prayers.

Reactions: Rehan1977

mnk36

Aug 8, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2014
Nomination.....
16-11-2014
IELTS Request
SENT
Interview........
25-05-2015
Hi nakul

My interview is scheduled for next month, did u get medicals after interview.. pls help