+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Prepare an interview

jamalali992

Aug 16, 2013
hi every body
the visa officer send to me an email at 6th of april 2013 they told me that I have to attend to interview
and till now they don't sent to me the date and location of this interview

my question is how long time take the interview to be set?? 6 months or more

thanks

kindeel

Star Member
Jul 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LANDED..........
Alhamdulillah 21/03/14
jamalali992 said:
hi every body
the visa officer send to me an email at 6th of april 2013 they told me that I have to attend to interview

thanks
You are in a queue for interview schedule normally after four or five months they will contact you for date and vanue of interview In my opinion be ready for interview in sept or october. Your interview might be delayed due to strike going on
Regards Kindeel

jamalali992

Aug 16, 2013
do dear sir
you do an interview
your interview be scheduled after how long time??
how long time does it takes then they tell you the exact date and time of your interview??

thank you very much

jamalali992

Aug 16, 2013
hi every body

thanks

kindeel

Star Member
Jul 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LANDED..........
Alhamdulillah 21/03/14
jamalali992 said:
do dear sir
you do an interview
your interview be scheduled after how long time??
how long time does it takes then they tell you the exact date and time of your interview??

thank you very much
they took 4 months in my case and informed one month before interview schedule date You should send CSE for further instructions

regards

kindeel

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
jamalali992 said:
hi every body

thanks
Order your GCMS notes today if you haven't already. It might give you some insight into reasons for interview and ability to prepare effectively. Good luck.

jamalali992

Aug 16, 2013
the problem is my process start since august 2007 and only this year at april 2013 they want from me
an interview even the dont tell me what are the reasons for this interview,, and till now
they dont tell me which is the exact date and place for this interview

how much i should wait more ,, i get tired from waiting

hope786

Nov 28, 2012
Islamabad
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2011
AOR Received.
16-11-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with Docs
Med's Request
21-1-2013
Med's Done....
"MR Received" on 22-02-2013
Interview........
18-11-2012
Passport Req..
God Knows
VISA ISSUED...
22-09-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013
jamalali992 said:
the problem is my process start since august 2007 and only this year at april 2013 they want from me
an interview even the dont tell me what are the reasons for this interview,, and till now
they dont tell me which is the exact date and place for this interview

how much i should wait more ,, i get tired from waiting
Don't worry dear.......now this interview is the opportunity to get your case finalize soon.....grab the opportunity......for this purpose i suggest u to apply for GCMS notes to know the clear picture of your case....

hope786

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
October 28th 2012 - Changed Check / and added a Child.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
@ Waiting list since September 17th 2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.

Alfan

Mar 5, 2012
Dear All,

Please I need urgent direction as I have got an interview coming up next month. Urgent advice needed.

I applied under NOC 4152 in Nov, 2011. I just received an email from the London office for an interview with a Visa Officer next month, the letter said an interview is required for my application.

Please has anyone being in this position before as I need to know what to expect?

The letter listed some documents I should come with, but I currently do no have a few of them because it is difficult to get them from the authorities, e.g.

(a) Original of Passports & Residence Permit [this is currently with UK Immigration becos I applied for my extension and do not know when it will be granted or returned

(b) Degree/Diploma mark sheet? [I do not know what a mark sheet means, and doubt if my university and that of my wife will provide us with this]

(c) Wife's original educational certificates [she applied but is yet to get response from the school in Nigeria as Universities are on strike].

I need urgent advice!!!!!!, and would appreciate any suggestion, no matter how small.

Alfan

See copy of Canada letter below:

High Commission of Canada
Immigration Section
Macdonald House
38 Grosvenor Street
London W1K 4AA
United Kingdom

www.......gc.ca Haut-commissariat du Canada
Section de l'immigration
Maison Macdonald
38, rue Grosvenor
Londres W1K 4AA
Royaume-Uni

www........Uni.gc.ca

File:
Date:

Dear ,

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

A visa officer has determined that a personal interview is required. If you fail to attend, your application will be assessed on the basis of the information available. This could result in refusal.

A list of documents that you should bring to your interview is on page 2 of this letter. Failure to bring these documents with you could result in refusal as the officer will assess your application on the basis of the information available.

The date of interview has been set to allow you sufficient time to prepare the necessary documentation and to obtain an entry visa (if applicable). Your interview has been scheduled for:

Date: ......... Time: .........00

At: High Commission of Canada (..........)

Please complete the enclosed Interview Confirmation Sheet and send it by fax or e mail to the High Commission of Canada in London within two weeks of the date of this letter. Please use fax number ......... or e mail address .......... @ international.gc.ca.

When you come to the High Commission for the interview, please ensure that you arrive at least half an hour in advance of the scheduled time, to allow time to go through security procedures. While we will try to start your interview at the scheduled time, you should be aware that your interview may be delayed if previous interviews overrun.

Use of interpreters
If you are unable to speak English or French well enough to complete the interview unassisted, you must bring an interpreter, at your own expense. The interpreter will be required to provide evidence of appropriate certification or accreditation. The interpreter cannot be a relative of the applicant, or an employee of the applicant or of their immigration representative. This office does not provide interpreters and we cannot recommend a specific translation service.

Dependents
Your spouse must attend this interview. If your spouse fails to attend, your application will be assessed on the basis of the information available. This could result in refusal. Please do not bring young children to the interview.

Your application may be refused if:
1. You do not confirm your attendance at your interview within 2 weeks of the date of this letter.
2. You fail to notify us that you will not attend your interview, within 2 weeks of the date of this letter.
3. You confirm that you will attend your interview and then fail to appear for the interview as required.

Documents required at interview
You must bring the following original documents to your interview unless otherwise stated. Any documents that are not in English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation.

• Your passport and the passports of each of your dependents;
• Your current residence permit;
• A new Application for Permanent Residence IMM0008 form. This form is available on our website at www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm0008egen.pdf http://www.canada.org.uk/
• Updated Schedule 1 Background/Declaration forms for you and each of your dependents over the age of 18. These forms are available on our website at www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm0008_1e.pdf
• For you and your spouse/partner, secondary and/or higher secondary school diplomas, post secondary degrees/diplomas and corresponding marks sheets for each year of study for each credential. For example, if you completed a bachelor's degree and a master's degree, you must bring both original degrees and all of the marks sheets for each degree.
• A letter from your current employer, printed on company letterhead. The letter must clearly state your name, your job title and your detailed job description. The letter must include the signature, name and title of the person who wrote the letter.
• Your current employment contract and payslips from the past 3 months;
• http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG73.asp
Documentary evidence that upon arrival in Canada you will have adequate settlement funds available. This must take the form of transferable and available funds, unencumbered by debts or other obligations. Please see www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp for the exact amount required, depending on the size of your family, including any non accompanying dependents. Proof of assets such as cars, home appliances or jewellery will not be considered.
• Bank statements covering the past 6 months for all bank accounts held by you, your spouse and any dependents.
• All other documents that show that you meet the requirements for immigration to Canada; for example, documents which show that you have a relative living in Canada who qualifies you for adaptability points.
• Other: __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

When reporting for your interview, please show your letter to the guard at the entrance who will then direct you to undergo security procedures, after which you should proceed upstairs to the waiting room on the first floor.

Sincerely,

The High Commission of Canada..........

KianaN

Apr 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London:)
NOC Code......
7216:)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Nov. 2011:)
AOR Received.
9 March 2012:)
IELTS Request
with documents:)
Med's Request
21 Jan. 2014
Med's Done....
15 Feb. 2014
Interview........
21 Feb. 2013
Passport Req..
21 April 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Processing
Alfan said:
Dear All,

Please I need urgent direction as I have got an interview coming up next month. Urgent advice needed.

I applied under NOC 4152 in Nov, 2011. I just received an email from the London office for an interview with a Visa Officer next month, the letter said an interview is required for my application.

Please has anyone being in this position before as I need to know what to expect?

The letter listed some documents I should come with, but I currently do no have a few of them because it is difficult to get them from the authorities, e.g.

(a) Original of Passports & Residence Permit [this is currently with UK Immigration becos I applied for my extension and do not know when it will be granted or returned

(b) Degree/Diploma mark sheet? [I do not know what a mark sheet means, and doubt if my university and that of my wife will provide us with this]

(c) Wife's original educational certificates [she applied but is yet to get response from the school in Nigeria as Universities are on strike].

I need urgent advice!!!!!!, and would appreciate any suggestion, no matter how small.

Alfan

See copy of Canada letter below:

High Commission of Canada
Immigration Section
Macdonald House
38 Grosvenor Street
London W1K 4AA
United Kingdom

www.......gc.ca Haut-commissariat du Canada
Section de l'immigration
Maison Macdonald
38, rue Grosvenor
Londres W1K 4AA
Royaume-Uni

www........Uni.gc.ca

File:
Date:

Dear ,

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

A visa officer has determined that a personal interview is required. If you fail to attend, your application will be assessed on the basis of the information available. This could result in refusal.

A list of documents that you should bring to your interview is on page 2 of this letter. Failure to bring these documents with you could result in refusal as the officer will assess your application on the basis of the information available.

The date of interview has been set to allow you sufficient time to prepare the necessary documentation and to obtain an entry visa (if applicable). Your interview has been scheduled for:

Date: ......... Time: .........00

At: High Commission of Canada (..........)

Please complete the enclosed Interview Confirmation Sheet and send it by fax or e mail to the High Commission of Canada in London within two weeks of the date of this letter. Please use fax number ......... or e mail address .......... @ international.gc.ca.

When you come to the High Commission for the interview, please ensure that you arrive at least half an hour in advance of the scheduled time, to allow time to go through security procedures. While we will try to start your interview at the scheduled time, you should be aware that your interview may be delayed if previous interviews overrun.

Use of interpreters
If you are unable to speak English or French well enough to complete the interview unassisted, you must bring an interpreter, at your own expense. The interpreter will be required to provide evidence of appropriate certification or accreditation. The interpreter cannot be a relative of the applicant, or an employee of the applicant or of their immigration representative. This office does not provide interpreters and we cannot recommend a specific translation service.

Dependents
Your spouse must attend this interview. If your spouse fails to attend, your application will be assessed on the basis of the information available. This could result in refusal. Please do not bring young children to the interview.

Your application may be refused if:
1. You do not confirm your attendance at your interview within 2 weeks of the date of this letter.
2. You fail to notify us that you will not attend your interview, within 2 weeks of the date of this letter.
3. You confirm that you will attend your interview and then fail to appear for the interview as required.

Documents required at interview
You must bring the following original documents to your interview unless otherwise stated. Any documents that are not in English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation.

• Your passport and the passports of each of your dependents;
• Your current residence permit;
• A new Application for Permanent Residence IMM0008 form. This form is available on our website at www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm0008egen.pdf http://www.canada.org.uk/
• Updated Schedule 1 Background/Declaration forms for you and each of your dependents over the age of 18. These forms are available on our website at www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm0008_1e.pdf
• For you and your spouse/partner, secondary and/or higher secondary school diplomas, post secondary degrees/diplomas and corresponding marks sheets for each year of study for each credential. For example, if you completed a bachelor's degree and a master's degree, you must bring both original degrees and all of the marks sheets for each degree.
• A letter from your current employer, printed on company letterhead. The letter must clearly state your name, your job title and your detailed job description. The letter must include the signature, name and title of the person who wrote the letter.
• Your current employment contract and payslips from the past 3 months;
• http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG73.asp
Documentary evidence that upon arrival in Canada you will have adequate settlement funds available. This must take the form of transferable and available funds, unencumbered by debts or other obligations. Please see www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp for the exact amount required, depending on the size of your family, including any non accompanying dependents. Proof of assets such as cars, home appliances or jewellery will not be considered.
• Bank statements covering the past 6 months for all bank accounts held by you, your spouse and any dependents.
• All other documents that show that you meet the requirements for immigration to Canada; for example, documents which show that you have a relative living in Canada who qualifies you for adaptability points.
• Other: __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

When reporting for your interview, please show your letter to the guard at the entrance who will then direct you to undergo security procedures, after which you should proceed upstairs to the waiting room on the first floor.

Sincerely,

The High Commission of Canada..........
hi

I had the same situation,
Don't worry , it is good sign for your file.

It is better to order your CAIPS , It will help you to know the reason of your interview.

Read more and more about your NOC job description, Be confident

maina

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2013
New Jersey
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-May-2013 PER : 9-Aug-2013
AOR Received.
11-Oct-2013
Nice topic.. And God forbid but if someone is called for interview this gonna be of so much help..

JakkasJogi

Sep 7, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-MAY-13
AOR Received.
25-MAY-13
File Transfer...
28-MAY-13
Med's Done....
15-APR-13
Passport Req..
15-JUN-13
VISA ISSUED...
IP (15-NOV-13), DM (05-JAN-14), VISA (11-JAN)
LANDED..........
First week of Feb.

frank232

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may
AOR Received.
JUNE
Med's Request
3-JUNE-2013
Med's Done....
14-JUNE-2013
Interview........
?..ahhmmm...
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2013
LANDED..........
november
batch may and june application 2013

is any here whos batch may and june?.may papers was validaTED in may 2013..and my medical was done on june 19., is anyone here batch already approve visa after long waiting ?