+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Prepare an interview

Mani_dil

Dec 23, 2012
Sorry dear i had mentioned interview call instead of verfication call..i recevd phone call from visa office..mine is ndvo...i applied in march2012..not having any job offer..my docs revcd by new delhi on april 2012..i was surprised to receive that call as i was not expecting it..

kadu

Sep 17, 2012
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2012
Nomination.....
YES
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
12-04-2012
Med's Request
WAITING
Med's Done....
WAITING
Interview........
HOPE NOT TO ME
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
Mani_dil said:
Sorry dear i had mentioned interview call instead of verfication call..i recevd phone call from visa office..mine is ndvo...i applied in march2012..not having any job offer..my docs revcd by new delhi on april 2012..i was surprised to receive that call as i was not expecting it..
Dear, What happened when you got verification call.Both you and your employer got the call at same time? What was the question asked by them? Kindly explain your experiance that budy will prepare for this kind of situation.

I had also got the call in Dec but i was in heavy traffic so I can not talk much longer to them, but my employer had given the answers. The call to my employer is about 25 minutes. I had given only three answers and then i had disconnected it. God konws what they do next?

KianaN

Apr 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London:)
NOC Code......
7216:)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Nov. 2011:)
AOR Received.
9 March 2012:)
IELTS Request
with documents:)
Med's Request
21 Jan. 2014
Med's Done....
15 Feb. 2014
Interview........
21 Feb. 2013
Passport Req..
21 April 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Processing
I recieve my GCMS today , I got all of my points , every thing is ok in my GCMS , just one

NOTE : Client claims to have been manufacturing equipment repair supervisor,she was working in this job more than 3 years while she was studing her master also during the job.
Morever she is well qulified mechanical engineeing and it is unlikely that she would work in NOC:7216 as it is Considerably under her capabilities and her high education so recommend highly an interview.

Please help me to find , what I have to clarify for them , it is positive or negative?

plzzzzzzzzzzzzz help & guide

hope786

Nov 28, 2012
Islamabad
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2011
AOR Received.
16-11-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with Docs
Med's Request
21-1-2013
Med's Done....
"MR Received" on 22-02-2013
Interview........
18-11-2012
Passport Req..
God Knows
VISA ISSUED...
22-09-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013
In 2012-13 new stream of interview started….in which highly qualified peoples are called for Selection Interview….the main concern is not to check your language ability rather than objective of interview is something else….if you check it out in last 5 to 10 year statistics and read shocking stories of Immigrants that did not survived and returned back to their home countries…..reason behind their failure was they was highly qualified in their profession like Doctors, Engineers and Chartered Accountant….etc…..they worked in their home countries in key posts……BUT….they fail in Canada….because they did not enhance their skills and qualification as per the standard of Canadian Industry…….their professions fall in Regulated Profession(It need Certification in Canada either on the basis of Assessment by HRSDC or on the basis of Challenge exam ). I saw in one forum( I Don’t remember where) there are 400 Cab Drivers in Toronto are Doctors and Engineers….but they did not get the job in their home land profession because of all above factors…….So now VO main concerns are the following things.
• How much do you have knowledge of your Profession
• What is your future Planning for Canada
• How much Funds do you have for Survive Six Months
• What you do if you Fail to settle in Canada….will you go back Home Land
• What you know about the Job Market of your prospective Profession in Canada
• Did you contacted any prospective employer in Canada
• Did you register yourself or Member of any profession body in Canada?
• What you know about Canada

They exactly want to know that are your serious to settle in Canada……what is your Planning…..How you Survive…How much you have information about your desired job in Canada…..etc…

If you cover all above things you will win the battle…..

Thanks

honney

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
hope786 said:
In 2012-13 new stream of interview started....in which highly qualified peoples are called for Selection Interview....the main concern is not to check your language ability rather than objective of interview is something else....if you check it out in last 5 to 10 year statistics and read shocking stories of Immigrants that did not survived and returned back to their home countries.....reason behind their failure was they was highly qualified in their profession like Doctors, Engineers and Chartered Accountant....etc.....they worked in their home countries in key posts......BUT....they fail in Canada....because they did not enhance their skills and qualification as per the standard of Canadian Industry.......their professions fall in Regulated Profession(It need Certification in Canada either on the basis of Assessment by HRSDC or on the basis of Challenge exam ). I saw in one forum( I Don't remember where) there are 400 Cab Drivers in Toronto are Doctors and Engineers....but they did not get the job in their home land profession because of all above factors.......So now VO main concerns are the following things.
• What you do if you Fail to settle in Canada....will you go back Home Land

They exactly want to know that are your serious to settle in Canada......what is your Planning.....How you Survive...How much you have information about your desired job in Canada.....etc...

If you cover all above things you will win the battle.....

Thanks
+1 for this reply

hope786

Nov 28, 2012
Islamabad
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2011
AOR Received.
16-11-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with Docs
Med's Request
21-1-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
18-11-2012
Passport Req..
God Knows
VISA ISSUED...
22-09-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013
Thanks Buddy....

MAHMOUD2200

Sep 19, 2012
QATAR
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/01/2012
AOR Received.
01/03/2012
IELTS Request
SENT WITH FILE
Med's Request
01/04/2013
Med's Done....
05/04/2013
Interview........
20/02/2013
Passport Req..
SHORTLY BY GOD WILLING
VISA ISSUED...
NO
LANDED..........
NO
hope786 said:
Normally they send list of documents they require at the time of interview.....if your sent already original documents then don't need to send it again.......yes these two updated forms imm 0008 ie and 5406 have to submit again.......and also check out other documents that they listed on (Interview instruction letter in PDF) that attached with email....

Degrees and Transcripts that you already submitted original...that is okay but Travel documents, Employment Reference letter(updated), Three new Pay slips, Updated Bank Statement or Letter...Birth Certificate....these all original should be bring with u......and all other docs that u think is important take with u.......

If your old file no. is Bxxxxxxxx and new file no. that change is also Bxxxxxx don't worry now use this new file no in your reply for confirmation of interview (In my case my old file no.start with "Exxxxxxx"...and new file no. start with "Bxxxxxx") ....if u need any more help ask me.....

thanks
my dear did you receive your MR yet ???? how long it will take???

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
الحمد لله رب العالمين - 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
الحمد لله رب العالمين March 28, 2015.
hope786 said:
In 2012-13 new stream of interview started....in which highly qualified peoples are called for Selection Interview....the main concern is not to check your language ability rather than objective of interview is something else....if you check it out in last 5 to 10 year statistics and read shocking stories of Immigrants that did not survived and returned back to their home countries.....reason behind their failure was they was highly qualified in their profession like Doctors, Engineers and Chartered Accountant....etc.....they worked in their home countries in key posts......BUT....they fail in Canada....because they did not enhance their skills and qualification as per the standard of Canadian Industry.......their professions fall in Regulated Profession(It need Certification in Canada either on the basis of Assessment by HRSDC or on the basis of Challenge exam ). I saw in one forum( I Don't remember where) there are 400 Cab Drivers in Toronto are Doctors and Engineers....but they did not get the job in their home land profession because of all above factors.......So now VO main concerns are the following things.

They exactly want to know that are your serious to settle in Canada......what is your Planning.....How you Survive...How much you have information about your desired job in Canada.....etc...

Thanks
Dear Sir

Thank you very much for this valuable information. I have a diffrent opinion , Immigration SOPs require a certain percentage of applicants to be interviewed. They have to meet that percentage , this selection is done on random basis by system.

These are my own observations , and beleive that these are not 100% right

Chhers

hope786

Nov 28, 2012
Islamabad
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2011
AOR Received.
16-11-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with Docs
Med's Request
21-1-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
18-11-2012
Passport Req..
God Knows
VISA ISSUED...
22-09-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013
msaeed said:
Dear Sir

Thank you very much for this valuable information. I have a diffrent opinion , Immigration SOPs require a certain percentage of applicants to be interviewed. They have to meet that percentage , this selection is done on random basis by system.

These are my own observations , and beleive that these are not 100% right

Chhers
Dear friend you did not get my point....I quoted following thing....please read carefully......
In 2012-13 new stream of interview started....in which highly qualified peoples are called for Selection Interview.

I agree with your opinion that...certain no. of applicants are called for interview....but my dear friend in this certain percentage.....majority is highly qualified peoples....i have a tracker on my thread...you can check it out......majority of people are those that are highly qualified and working in small jobs or not related to their professions....in which MBA....Engineers....PHD..etc...are included....

Now Second Point is random selection.....no my dear...selection interview is not such thing that is on the basis of random selection....if you have interview call it means that VO have some serious concern on your file and he want to clarify those issue on the basis of "substitute Evaluation" ...it is not random selection.....

Please check it out following thread for detail....

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/general-issues-of-selection-interview-t128417.0.html

The methodology of VO is very weired....and different in nature by case to case basis.

I hope you understand my thought....

Thanks

hope786

Nov 28, 2012
Islamabad
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2011
AOR Received.
16-11-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with Docs
Med's Request
21-1-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
18-11-2012
Passport Req..
God Knows
VISA ISSUED...
22-09-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013
MAHMOUD2200 said:
my dear did you receive your MR yet ???? how long it will take???
Alhamdulillah....I got my MR on 21-1-13.........pray for me....

thanks

hope786

Nov 28, 2012
Islamabad
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2011
AOR Received.
16-11-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with Docs
Med's Request
21-1-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
18-11-2012
Passport Req..
God Knows
VISA ISSUED...
22-09-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013
Your time has finally come! You've been called for an interview.

Now what? Don't sweat it! Prepare yourself to win. You know you're ready for the move, now you have to convince the Canadian immigration officer.

We can categorize the Interview in the following steps

1. Personal
2. Family
3. Financial
4. Work and Education
5. About Canada
6. Immigrating to Canada
7. Settlement

Canadian Immigration Interview Tips

During the immigration process you would be called in for an interview. To become a citizen it is important that you pass that interview. Questions are primarily designed to test the knowledge of the applicant but other questions relating the applicant's background are also asked. Your confidence level would certainly help you a lot during such interviews. There are a number of tips that should be kept in mind which would ensure your interview to go as smooth as possible.

Rule number one is to tell the truth no matter what. It is important to remember that if you lie intentionally during such an interview it may be caught at a later stage which would only cause problems. You might even end up getting deported back to your country. If you are questioned regarding your criminal record it is important to answer truthfully and explain the circumstances which led to the criminal activity. Maybe it wasn't your fault in the first place so why lie about it.

Bring all the necessary documents for the interview. Apart from that the best advice anyone could give you is to be on time. Arrive at the place early and you won't have to rush through security in order to be on time for the interview. Catch your breath and enter the room confidently. You know what they say first impression is always the last impression.

During the interview communicate well. If you don't understand any question ask them to repeat it. Being shy at this stage wouldn't do you any good. Listen to the question carefully when it is being repeated and answer accordingly. You would be able to answer a question in a much better way if you understand what is being asked. Guessing the answer wouldn't do you any good either so it is always beneficial to ask them to repeat the question.

As mentioned earlier the first impression is the last impression. The first thing an interviewer sees is you dressing. Before you start talking the interviewer would judge you by your clothing. There dress to impress. It is important that you feel at ease during the interview. Be yourself and don't try extra hard to impress the interviewer. That wouldn't help you in any way. In fact that can very well backfire and might damage the impression you may have created. Be polite and appreciative. After the interview is over thank the interviewer for taking your time and considering your application. Do not go out of your way to thank the interviewer. Being overly grateful might not be the right attitude for such situations. Just a quick acknowledgment should suffice.

Attention to every little detail should be given. Even the slightest of things can affect the whole process and determine the success and failure of the interview. It is necessary for you to prepare for the interview and be organized. Show you are confident and give it your best shot.

ibtihaj

Star Member
Nov 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Jan-2012
Nomination.....
PER: 28-Feb-2012
IELTS Request
8.0 overall,Sent with application
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Hopefully will waive off
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi ALL ! I am also called for an interview at abu dhabhi in Feb-2013 but due to some problem I am unable to attend the interview , I have made my choice not to attend the interview.

Can anyone advise the next step please and any time duration(in any case , rejection maybe)

Regards,
Ibtihaj

Bali29

Star Member
Nov 3, 2011
Hi ibtihaj,
U can ask for another interview date if u cant make it for this upcoming one by giving them genuine reason of why u cant make it this time..it should state in ur interview call email/letter that u can ask for another date and how to reply back to them...it wont affect ur decision about ur PR just coz u coudnt attend the inerview sceduled by them...hope all works well for u...
Goodluck
Bali

Canadiantobe

Mar 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Mar-2012
AOR Received.
PER 23-Mar-2012
IELTS Request
7.5 - Sent with initial application
File Transfer...
xxx
Med's Request
xxx
Med's Done....
xxx
Interview........
19-2-2013
LANDED..........
Soon InshAllah
ibtihaj said:
Hi ALL ! I am also called for an interview at abu dhabhi in Feb-2013 but due to some problem I am unable to attend the interview , I have made my choice not to attend the interview.

Can anyone advise the next step please and any time duration(in any case , rejection maybe)

Regards,
Ibtihaj
Ibtihaj,

I think it is clearly mentioned in the letter that if you are not able to attend the interview decision will be made based on the information present on your file and in that case it could be a rejection. I wouldn't advise you to miss the interview. This is a golden chance for you, so grab it.

mux

Star Member
Dec 23, 2011
hope786 said:

Thanks
+1 for the post