+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnant

Sep 18, 2019
Hi everyone Good day!!

i need help and advices please. Actually i just arrived last march 2020 before the lockdown due to covid. So I wasnt able to work in my employer due to covid since he stopped work too on that time. So i stayed in my aunt’s house temporarily and actually i applied ei and was given financial support thru cerb. By the time i get here in canada i was already pregnant. And now i dont know what to do. I cannot work to my employer since ill be due by next month. Should i continue recieveing the cerb or file for maternity?I know during those months my experience will not be counted for sure. Just wanna asked what to do after giving birth im planning to bring back the baby to the philippines so that i could work back to my employer in that case what should i do what process do i need to do??

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
You arrived in march and apply for cerb? Did you have at least 5000 CAD income in 2019 ? this is one of the requirement. If I understood you didn't work for your employer after you arrived ? Your employer went on lockdown before you even started? As for the baby it is a complicated situation, you can still apply for cerb until oct 2020 ,but make sure you are eligible or you will have to pay back all the money.
Good luck!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone Good day!!

i need help and advices please. Actually i just arrived last march 2020 before the lockdown due to covid. So I wasnt able to work in my employer due to covid since he stopped work too on that time. So i stayed in my aunt’s house temporarily and actually i applied ei and was given financial support thru cerb. By the time i get here in canada i was already pregnant. And now i dont know what to do. I cannot work to my employer since ill be due by next month. Should i continue recieveing the cerb or file for maternity?I know during those months my experience will not be counted for sure. Just wanna asked what to do after giving birth im planning to bring back the baby to the philippines so that i could work back to my employer in that case what should i do what process do i need to do??
Unfortunately I don't believe you qualify for maternity leave benefits since you haven't accumulated the 600 hours of insurable work hours required to apply. I think you need to stay on CERB.

Once your baby is born, you should simply apply for the baby's passport (the baby will be a Canadian citizen). Once you have the baby's passport, you'll have no issues leaving Canada and returning home.