+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnant woman enter to Canada while applying for spouse sponsorship immigration

Cman488

Jan 17, 2016
Hi, my case is as follow:

1) My application for spouse sponsorship immigration is still processing
2) My visitor visa is expired but I am still able to stay in Canada because of the implied status
3) I am pregnant now but not yet notified Canada immigration office
4) I would like to give birth in Canada. However, I want to travel to my home country in 6-8 months of my pregnancy.

My home country passport granted a visa free access to Canada for 6 months. Will I be rejected to enter to Canada when I am 8 months of my pregnancy?

surleplateau

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
Doc's Request.
CSQ rqst'd 23-03-2015
Nomination.....
CSQ rcv'd 05-05-2015
AOR Received.
27-02-2015 err?
File Transfer...
09-03-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
09-09-2014
Interview........
waived; IP Sep 2015
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 22-10-2015
LANDED..........
09-01-2016 YAY!!!
Aren't there flying restrictions during the third trimester? I'm not sure you'd even be allowed to board the flight.

2) My visitor visa is expired but I am still able to stay in Canada because of the implied status
Implied status does not give you the right to re-enter Canada, whether you are pregnant or not.

And if your application is Inland, you must remain IN CANADA for your Inland application to be processed. If you leave for several months and CIC finds out, they will throw out your application as invalid.

If your application was Outland, then you do not have implied status, and it is your responsibility to maintain your status (visit, study, or work) in Canada.

To give better advice, I think we'd need more details about your situation. Is your sponsor a Canadian citizen or PR? How long ago did you submit your application? Are you from a visa-exempt country?

If you leave Canada, you are taking a big risk that you won't be able to come back in, especially if you plan to be gone for months.

M

mikeymyke

It sounds like you're applying inland, in that case, you're not supposed to leave Canada during the entire processing of the application.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Cman488 said:
My home country passport granted a visa free access to Canada for 6 months. Will I be rejected to enter to Canada when I am 8 months of my pregnancy?
Airlines don't like to fly heavily pregnant women, so if (and that's a big IF) you are even allowed to board the plane, yes, there is the possibility of being refused entry. Canada isn't fond of visitors coming in to the country to give birth, and regardless of your PR app in progress, you would still just be a visitor.

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
Cman488 said:
Hi, my case is as follow:

1) My application for spouse sponsorship immigration is still processing
3) I am pregnant now but not yet notified Canada immigration office
4) I would like to give birth in Canada. However, I want to travel to my home country in 6-8 months of my pregnancy.

If you applied inland, you really shouldn't leave, especially if you are pregnant. It's a huge risk.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
You lost "implied status" the moment you left Canada. You got no status at the moment until you are let back in Canada.

Drkdd

Jan 22, 2016
surleplateau said:
Aren't there flying restrictions during the third trimester? I'm not sure you'd even be allowed to board the flight.

Implied status does not give you the right to re-enter Canada, whether you are pregnant or not.

And if your application is Inland, you must remain IN CANADA for your Inland application to be processed. If you leave for several months and CIC finds out, they will throw out your application as invalid.

If your application was Outland, then you do not have implied status, and it is your responsibility to maintain your status (visit, study, or work) in Canada.

To give better advice, I think we'd need more details about your situation. Is your sponsor a Canadian citizen or PR? How long ago did you submit your application? Are you from a visa-exempt country?

If you leave Canada, you are taking a big risk that you won't be able to come back in, especially if you plan to be gone for months.
Hello,

What if husband is a citizen and the spousal visa has just been filed and wife has come to Canada on a visitor visa. Can she deliver her child in Canada ?! Will the child have Canadian citizenship. And does the government give a coverage for the delivery ?? Please do guide

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Drkdd said:
Hello,

What if husband is a citizen and the spousal visa has just been filed and wife has come to Canada on a visitor visa. Can she deliver her child in Canada ?! Will the child have Canadian citizenship. And does the government give a coverage for the delivery ?? Please do guide
Yes - the child will have citizenship. Typically the delivery will not be covered by the government - you would have to pay for these costs out of your own pocket. For us to fully answer this question you would need to give us more information on how you are applying for PR (inland or outland), which province if you are inland, when you applied and when the baby is due, if you included an OWP with the application if you are inland.

Drkdd

Jan 22, 2016
scylla said:
Yes - the child will have citizenship. Typically the delivery will not be covered by the government - you would have to pay for these costs out of your own pocket. For us to fully answer this question you would need to give us more information on how you are applying for PR (inland or outland), which province if you are inland, when you applied and when the baby is due, if you included an OWP with the application if you are inland.
Hello

Thank you for the prompt reply. I am an Indian citizen and my husband is a Canadian citizen. We have filed on 12 th January. We have not received an AOR yet. But I want to apply for the visitors visa after I get my UCI number. Due to medical conditions we need to have a baby soon. So we will have to plan our pregnancy there. We have applied for an Outland way for immigration. But I have no clue how much time will that take. And due to our medical condition we will have to plan for our pregnancy so I wanted your guidance

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You'll need to tell us which province you plan to go to.

Most likely you'll have no health care coverage until three months after your PR visa has been approved.

Before you make any further plans, I would wait and see if the TRV is approved. TRVs are often refused when CIC knows you have plans on remaining in Canada long term and aren't a genuine visitor.

Drkdd

Jan 22, 2016
scylla said:
You'll need to tell us which province you plan to go to.

Most likely you'll have no health care coverage until three months after your PR visa has been approved.

Before you make any further plans, I would wait and see if the TRV is approved. TRVs are often refused when CIC knows you have plans on remaining in Canada long term and aren't a genuine visitor.
Ok thank you very much

My husband is in Toronto. And I just pray that my file gets cleared fast. Can you please guide as to how much time will it take for my Outland application? I am from India . And my husband is suffering from a Tumor for which I want to visit him for his radio therapy

This is a major problem and that is the reason I want to be with him

Thank you anyways for your reply and guidance

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Drkdd said:
Ok thank you very much

My husband is in Toronto. And I just pray that my file gets cleared fast. Can you please guide as to how much time will it take for my Outland application? I am from India . And my husband is suffering from a Tumor for which I want to visit him for his radio therapy

This is a major problem and that is the reason I want to be with him

Thank you anyways for your reply and guidance
You should post your question about processing time in the New Delhi thread. Since your husband is in Toronto, you will not have health coverage until three months after your PR application has been approved.

Drkdd

Jan 22, 2016
scylla said:
You should post your question about processing time in the New Delhi thread. Since your husband is in Toronto, you will not have health coverage until three months after your PR application has been approved.
Thank you very much for the guidance. Can you please tell me if it's advisable to apply for the TRV ?? I know the chances of issuing one are less but I would like to take your opinion. I would like to visit him atleast for 2 weeks if not more as I want to be with my hauband for his treatment.

Also I am having a job already so I cannot even have more holidays. So if you can please guide if we can apply for TRV?? I would not like I go against any law of the country so if not advisable then I won't even try applying for TRV. Please do guide

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Drkdd said:
Thank you very much for the guidance. Can you please tell me if it's advisable to apply for the TRV ?? I know the chances of issuing one are less but I would like to take your opinion. I would like to visit him atleast for 2 weeks if not more as I want to be with my hauband for his treatment.

Also I am having a job already so I cannot even have more holidays. So if you can please guide if we can apply for TRV?? I would not like I go against any law of the country so if not advisable then I won't even try applying for TRV. Please do guide
You can apply for a TRV any time. It's really your choice if you apply for not.