+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

pregnant with a visitor visa. will they let me in at the airport?

angel86

Oct 3, 2009
i am a non canadian but my first child is canadian she was born there.
when i applied for a visitor visa a few months ago to go with my 1year old daughter to go visit relatives in canada, i was asked if i were pregnant. i said no.
i was granted a visitor visa. but i was told that they put a note on my visa that stated that i said thati wasn't pregnant at the interview and that if i turn out to be pregnant and go to canada then the immigration officer at the airport might not let me in. when i took my passport back at the embassy there was no written note on my passport so could there be some note in the computer system? or where they just telling me that at the embassy?
shortly after my interview i found out i am pregnant.
so i am planning to go to canada around my delivery date since my visa will still be valid then.
i know i have to pay fo rit myseld and i have all the financia means to pay for the delivery. and i checked with the airline and they will let me on board.

so my questions are:
there is no written note on my passport so could there be some note in the computer system?
if i still go, so any advice on whether they will let me in or what else they would do to me at the airport?

please note that i will be traveling alone with my canadian daughter who is only 1year old. so how can they let her in and leave me out? or will they turn us both back?
anyone with similar experience or any knowledge, please advise.

thank you

alok11

Oct 3, 2009
The same thing happened to my wife and my daughter. They were sent back to indian on the next available flight with my canadian citizen 15years' old daughter.They made a note on their computer, even though nothing was showing on her passport, because you didn't see anything on your passport, don't think they don't note it down. They are very clever people.
My wife was not aware she was pregnant when she went for interview, they gave her visa, a month later she diiscovered she was pregnant. she delayed the travelling for 7months. She was not allowed to enter canada as the IO said she mentioned NO in the interview question wheter she was pregnant or not. They also warned us by writing to us that we could face a ban from entering canada due to misrepresentation if such thing happens in the future. She will deliver in a month time in india but we still have a valid visa so she can go after delivery.
This is my own personal experience and it is really painful.
My wife cries everyday because of this.
Good luck

I

ImmOfficer

If you end up at my office, you will be written up for misrep and excluded. Your daughter will be admitted as she is a citizen. You can arrange to bring her home with you.

It is obvious that you just want to have Canadian kids. Here at Immigration, we frown on that.

Stay home.

Raman_Ram

Star Member
May 25, 2009
haha ImmOfficer, even though you are harsh/frank/to the point because of your background, i find most of your answers elsewhere in the forums honest/logic and not sweet coated for public consumption.
someone's will to manipulate the system with a lie in order to get a Canadian status flies on the face of 250K people who immigarte to canada legally every year.
i am in canada for the last 4 1/2 yrs and i have seen so many successful immigrant stories around me. huge sacrifices- these are the words that immediately come up to my mind.
i have seen highly educated phd students willingly work illegally as part time and all i get to hear from them is that they want to become a professor in canada after graduation.
so many stories...so many perceptions...all i can say is if u like canada more than ur country of birth and u r not an asylum seeker, then it shows one thing...u love the way the immigration system works here. lets assume that canada too behaves like US with millions of illegals, would you love to come here?
people love less competition for resources. and so they will justify their will full manipulative efforts.
illegal life in canada is crappy. u fear not just police/immig but anyone everyone. ur own people will happily exploit u. period. i know many instances. i have seen professors exploiting their own country students but treating well students with canadian citizenship/PR. it goes without saying abt the rest of the cut throat industry outside the campus.
just sit and think what will happen if the immig system behaves the way an aspiring immigrant wants it to behave. canada will become hell.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
if she was planning on delivery in Canada, she could arrive at early stage of her pregnancy, when it was not so visible. visa offices are much more clever than you can think about.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Suin said:
if she was planning on delivery in Canada, she could arrive at early stage of her pregnancy, when it was not so visible. visa offices are much more clever than you can think about.
"so i am planning to go to canada around my delivery date since my visa will still be valid then.
i know i have to pay fo rit myseld and i have all the financia means to pay for the delivery. and i checked with the airline and they will let me on board."

Suin, she wants to enter Canada around the time of her delivery so she certainly would be big by then and it would be difficult to hide her pregnancy.

Angel, why do you want to give birth to your baby in Canada?

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
I do understand that she wants to have her kids born Canadians. but being smart and not creating problems at the port of entry she needs to arrive earlier. actually it's not safe to travel by air late in pregnancy too.

Ricoz

Jun 6, 2011
ImmOfficer said:
If you end up at my office, you will be written up for misrep and excluded. Your daughter will be admitted as she is a citizen. You can arrange to bring her home with you.

It is obvious that you just want to have Canadian kids. Here at Immigration, we frown on that.

Stay home.
Good to have someone like you here. I'm sure you can answer my question. I got my PR card last September and I have my OHIP as well. I am pregnant and getting back to Canada for good this July. Can I face any problems at the airport if I'm 7 month pregnant?

Thanks in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Ricoz said:
Good to have someone like you here. I'm sure you can answer my question. I got my PR card last September and I have my OHIP as well. I am pregnant and getting back to Canada for good this July. Can I face any problems at the airport if I'm 7 month pregnant?

Thanks in advance.
No - you won't face any problems at the airport. However how long have you been out of the country? If you have been out of the country for too long, your OHIP coverage may no longer be valid and you may have to wait three months again to qualify for coverage.

Ricoz

Jun 6, 2011
scylla said:
No - you won't face any problems at the airport. However how long have you been out of the country? If you have been out of the country for too long, your OHIP coverage may no longer be valid and you may have to wait three months again to qualify for coverage.

No I only got my OHIP last December, so I'm fine with that.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Ricoz said:
No I only got my OHIP last December, so I'm fine with that.
You might or you might not be - just because you have the card doesn't mean that you have OHIP coverage.

You landed in September of last year - correct? And you're returning in July of this year. Between when you landed in September and when you return in July - how much time will you have spent in Canada?

Ricoz

Jun 6, 2011
I already waited 3 months from the day of ohip application till I received it. So I guess once I have it, that means I'm covered as it's valid! And how would they know that I was out of Canada for this time. I have no exit stamps in my passport and at the hospital they don't check passport? Right?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You have to be in Canada 153 days out of every year to maintain coverage. So if you can meet those requirements - you are good and have nothing to worry about.

Hospitals don't check passports. But remember that OHIP is regulated by the province (not the individual hospitals). The province does check and people have sometimes received a large bill several months after receiving treatment when the province determined the patient didn't meet residency requirements.

Canada doesn't need exist stamps to determine when someone left or entered the country. Canada has access to airline manifest records.

tabby

Feb 6, 2012
just a quick question:

as a canadian citizen, if i leave the country or my province of residence, for over 3 months my medical will be invalid?

thus i would have to wait and be a resident of said province to apply again,right?

if anyone can tell me how it difffers for immigrants? out of the year they only have to be IN canada for 150 some odd days? im very curious to know please get back to me anyone with a valid answer.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
tabby said:
just a quick question:

as a canadian citizen, if i leave the country or my province of residence, for over 3 months my medical will be invalid?

thus i would have to wait and be a resident of said province to apply again,right?

if anyone can tell me how it difffers for immigrants? out of the year they only have to be IN canada for 150 some odd days? im very curious to know please get back to me anyone with a valid answer.
You'll have to tell us what province you're living in now. The rules are slightly different from province to province.