+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

pregnant with a visitor visa. will they let me in at the airport?

jeff.sharma75

Star Member
Dec 4, 2011
alok11 said:
The same thing happened to my wife and my daughter. They were sent back to indian on the next available flight with my canadian citizen 15years' old daughter.They made a note on their computer, even though nothing was showing on her passport, because you didn't see anything on your passport, don't think they don't note it down. They are very clever people.
My wife was not aware she was pregnant when she went for interview, they gave her visa, a month later she diiscovered she was pregnant. she delayed the travelling for 7months. She was not allowed to enter canada as the IO said she mentioned NO in the interview question wheter she was pregnant or not. They also warned us by writing to us that we could face a ban from entering canada due to misrepresentation if such thing happens in the future. She will deliver in a month time in india but we still have a valid visa so she can go after delivery.
This is my own personal experience and it is really painful.
My wife cries everyday because of this.
Good luck
Another Instance of giving birth to a child in canada,,,completely BULLSHIT story

ZiziMey

Aug 22, 2013
Hello,

I am a tourist with visitor visa in Canada and I gave birth to my baby on July 2013. I am leaving Canada on Sep and I wanted to know can I obtain visitor visa again on January to visit Canada or My application will be declined?

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ZiziMey, no one can tell you whether your application will be approved or denied. Go ahead and submit your application. In your new application, mention the fact that you visited Canada and didn't stay passed your visa expiration date - that should help.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jeff.sharma75 said:
Another Instance of giving birth to a child in canada,,,completely BULL*censored word* story
Well as parents they are securing the future of the kid...DUH?, otherwise he/she will be somewhere in the third world, with a third class degree, being treated as a third class citizen and possibly traveling in a bus with three wheels. Canada needs more bodies otherwise it will suffer population shrinkage which is not good for the economy. So this is a marriage made in heaven. Mother needs something for the future of the child and Canada needs more tax payers.(Assuming kid at some point settles in Canada) I dont see where the problem is. Besides Canada has made such wonderful rules where visitors can pop a baby make it Canadian, take it back home make it non-Canadian (teaching non-Canadian things) and when they are old enough send them back to Canada (so they can learn Canadian things) "Best of both worlds" or hybrids!

davek1979

Sep 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2012
Doc's Request.
16-10-2012
AOR Received.
16-10-2012
Med's Request
16-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-10-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
15-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
tabby said:
just a quick question:

as a canadian citizen, if i leave the country or my province of residence, for over 3 months my medical will be invalid?

thus i would have to wait and be a resident of said province to apply again,right?

if anyone can tell me how it difffers for immigrants? out of the year they only have to be IN canada for 150 some odd days? im very curious to know please get back to me anyone with a valid answer.
As a Canadian citizen if you leave the country you will also loose your medical. It has happened to my parents and my cousin who all live outside of Canada. Once you have three months of residency in Canada you can get your OHIP back. If you move to a different province you go to the Health Care provider in that province and turn in your OHIP card for a new one with proof of residency. It is the same for all people. If you are out of the province for over 153 days you loose it. I have seen people fighting to get their OHIP back when I was in the Service Ontario offices.

scorpion181181

Star Member
Jun 17, 2013
HI,
I am having canadian Work permit with LMO and my wife has open Work Permit,
She is pregnant,
Can I enter in canada with my wife ?
will they allow my wife ?

Please help on this.

Thanks

gurpreet rathour

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
canadian citizenship by birth on visitor visa

Hii friends I want to know if some one Indian citizen has pregnant in India and get visitor visa(TRV) for Canada and reached in Canada in that time (in visa time )they give birth to baby in Canada
1.What types of documents get new born baby ?and his mother they are qualify for
Canadian citizenship?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The baby gets Canadian citizenship. The mother qualifies for nothing.

scorpion181181

Star Member
Jun 17, 2013
Hi,

Any one please suggest me,
My wife has open work permit and I am with Job offer, LMO, work permit.
My wife is preganant , will they allow my wife to enter or not ?
Is there any restriction on this ??

please help me,
Thanks

Jennifergera

Sep 9, 2019
If you end up at my office, you will be written up for misrep and excluded. Your daughter will be admitted as she is a citizen. You can arrange to bring her home with you.

It is obvious that you just want to have Canadian kids. Here at Immigration, we frown on that.

Stay home.
With a Back up letter to the embassy can you be granted entry to canada

Jennifergera

Sep 9, 2019
If you end up at my office, you will be written up for misrep and excluded. Your daughter will be admitted as she is a citizen. You can arrange to bring her home with you.

It is obvious that you just want to have Canadian kids. Here at Immigration, we frown on that.

Stay home.
Please with a Back up letter to the embassy can you be granted entry to canada if you are pregnant?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
CBSA makes the final determination at the point of entry. If they feel you are a genuine visitor, they’ll grant you entry. If the don’t, they’ll turn you away regardless of any letter from the embassy. And what sort of “back up” letter are you talking about?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Please with a Back up letter to the embassy can you be granted entry to canada if you are pregnant?
It's not up to the embassy. It's up to the CBSA officer who you speak to when you arrive. You may be allowed in - or you may be sent home on the first flight back.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
See the guidance in link , assume you can fund the birth as a visitor if that is your plan which could be around 10000 CDN and a lot more if any issues.

There are a lot of negative views on birth tourisim currently if that is your plan and even if allowed in CBSA may restrict to a week or two to give you time to return home.Obviously all depends how far along someone is on arrival what the decision might be given air travel limits.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/persons-wishing-enter-canada-purpose-giving-birth.html

Note : if you had not already realised the userid immofficer was likely someone being stupid and nobody official.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

Any one please suggest me,
My wife has open work permit and I am with Job offer, LMO, work permit.
My wife is preganant , will they allow my wife to enter or not ?
Is there any restriction on this ??

please help me,
Thanks
You also have to think about healthvare. Do you actually have jobs? Where are you moving?