+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnant while waiting for approval....HELP!

DL2017

Dec 26, 2017
My wife is sponsoring me (her husband) to move to Vancouver, BC. We are going to use an outland application for PR. She is a Canadian citizen born and raised, so I would be the applicant and she the sponsor. We currently live in California. We plan on trying to get pregnant in the next couple of months while waiting for the PR application to be approved (hopefully 1 year from time of applying). She still pays for her BC medical coverage while shes been living in CA so she is still covered. My question is, once we send in our application, will that affect her medical coverage eligibility? Hopefully we get pregnant later in the application process so that if/when we are approved we can move to Vancouver while my wife isn't late term.

Is this the right way to go? Is there a better way? Thanks for any help. We greatly appreciate it.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My wife is sponsoring me (her husband) to move to Vancouver, BC. We are going to use an outland application for PR. She is a Canadian citizen born and raised, so I would be the applicant and she the sponsor. We currently live in California. We plan on trying to get pregnant in the next couple of months while waiting for the PR application to be approved (hopefully 1 year from time of applying). She still pays for her BC medical coverage while shes been living in CA so she is still covered. My question is, once we send in our application, will that affect her medical coverage eligibility? Hopefully we get pregnant later in the application process so that if/when we are approved we can move to Vancouver while my wife isn't late term.

Is this the right way to go? Is there a better way? Thanks for any help. We greatly appreciate it.
Has she been in touch with the province to confirm her coverage upon her return? Typically once someone has been away for more than six months out of a year, coverage is lost and there a three month waiting period once they return to regain coverage. Simply paying for BC medical coverage may not mean she's covered as soon as she returns. If she doesn't meet the six month residency requirement and hasn't yet contacted BC to discuss what will happen on her return - recommend she do that soon.

DL2017

Dec 26, 2017
Has she been in touch with the province to confirm her coverage upon her return? Typically once someone has been away for more than six months out of a year, coverage is lost and there a three month waiting period once they return to regain coverage. Simply paying for BC medical coverage may not mean she's covered as soon as she returns. If she doesn't meet the six month residency requirement and hasn't yet contacted BC to discuss what will happen on her return - recommend she do that soon.
She has not spoken to them yet. Along with paying for the coverage, she has investment properties and pays her taxes still while maintaining her address as her parents home address. So it would technically look like she never left... your thoughts? and thanks for the reply

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
She has not spoken to them yet. Along with paying for the coverage, she has investment properties and pays her taxes still while maintaining her address as her parents home address. So it would technically look like she never left... your thoughts? and thanks for the reply
Rule #1 is never lie to CIC or the province about residency. This can cause huge problems for coverage and result in someone being forced to repay health care costs + penalties (it's also fraud so there's always some remote chance you may be criminally charged). She should absolutely not lie about the fact that she has been outside of Canada. This will create far more problems than it solves. We also do not offer help on this forum to those who want to go down a path that involves lying / committing fraud. So if you're going to do that - you're on your own.

She needs to contact the province and be 100% honest about how long she has been outside of Canada. She should explain that she has investment properties in Canada and that she has been paying taxes and the premium while outside of Canada.

Reactions: Buletruck

DL2017

Dec 26, 2017
Rule #1 is never lie to CIC or the province about residency. This can cause huge problems for coverage and result in someone being forced to repay health care costs + penalties (it's also fraud so there's always some remote chance you may be criminally charged). She should absolutely not lie about the fact that she has been outside of Canada. This will create far more problems than it solves. We also do not offer help on this forum to those who want to go down a path that involves lying / committing fraud. So if you're going to do that - you're on your own.

She needs to contact the province and be 100% honest about how long she has been outside of Canada. She should explain that she has investment properties in Canada and that she has been paying taxes and the premium while outside of Canada.
Yes of course. I agree it would cause more problems than solve any. Thanks.