+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnant while medical request arrived!

digenbas914

Star Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hi everyone! Good Day!!!

I am pregnant while my Temporary Working Permit on process. As of this time I am 7 months pregnant and my medical request just arrived yesterday. Is there any problem if I pursue my medical even I am pregnant?

Anybody there who are the same on my situation right now? Please gve me an advice...

Thank you in advance and God Bless.....

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
digenbas914 said:
Hi everyone! Good Day!!!

I am pregnant while my Temporary Working Permit on process. As of this time I am 7 months pregnant and my medical request just arrived yesterday. Is there any problem if I pursue my medical even I am pregnant?

Anybody there who are the same on my situation right now? Please gve me an advice...

Thank you in advance and God Bless.....
Hi

You can do the medical while you are pregnant. However, you will probably have trouble finding a doctor willing to authorize the X-ray while you are pregnant. Most will simply refuse, even though it is actually quite safe.

If that's the case, then you can do the rest of the medical and the doctor will give you an X-ray deferral form. Once you've given birth, you can have the X-ray done.

cutenurse21

Oct 1, 2013
Yes, u may proceed to your medical however u can't undergo Xray. There is a delay in the process because of pending Xray but u wont get refused because of that.

digenbas914

Star Member
Aug 24, 2013
I just heard that pregnant woman can go through x-ray as long as there is a protective/abdominal shield to cover up. I really don't know if it is allowed in the Philippines especially in St. Lukes.

Swarnalatha

Dec 16, 2013
I was in the same state like u. I dropped my visa processing at that stage. Waited till the delivery and then started the whole process again.

It is not good to take XRAY at this stage and the doctor will leave the risk to us.

Visa will not be approved till u submit the xray.Chances are there for the Visa to be ONHOLD.

Suresh090782

Jan 23, 2014
We just had the same situation in the last few days; After multiple consultations with doctors and internet search, my wife decided to proceed with X-ray
She is 8 month pregnant
The Doc at Apollo, Chennai wanted to make sure we were ok with possible risks and made us sign a document. It was freaky.
But I asked a few other doctors who asked me to avoid it if possible, but they also mentioned after 7 months pregnancy there is little to no risk.
It is a tough call to make....

The only thing I thought was, if it was absolutely harmful, they wouldn't have even given us an option. The fact they gave an option tells me its not as risky as it sounds
Hopefully we did the right thing; but its important for you to evaluate before making a call.
Stop worrying once you make the decision.

Muinat

Aug 9, 2020
We just had the same situation in the last few days; After multiple consultations with doctors and internet search, my wife decided to proceed with X-ray
She is 8 month pregnant
The Doc at Apollo, Chennai wanted to make sure we were ok with possible risks and made us sign a document. It was freaky.
But I asked a few other doctors who asked me to avoid it if possible, but they also mentioned after 7 months pregnancy there is little to no risk.
It is a tough call to make....

The only thing I thought was, if it was absolutely harmful, they wouldn't have even given us an option. The fact they gave an option tells me its not as risky as it sounds
Hopefully we did the right thing; but its important for you to evaluate before making a call.
Stop worrying once you make the decision.
Hello currently in the same situation now. How is your baby doing now? Was everything ok?