prapplicant

Jan 25, 2010
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Sep-2011
Hi,

My wife is 8th month pregnant. My VISA and WP expires next month. LMO had been filed but no response recieved yet. Employer will file application and get me implied status.

My question is :

I will not have OHIP. Can I use some other insurance?

If the WP does not work, can CIC extend our stay purely on medical grounds?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Depending on where you are, there may be some free clinics. Where has your wife been going for her pregnancy care? Private insurances usually do not pay for pregnancy related expenses if she is already pregnant when you got the insurance.

If you do not get the LMO, you can apply to change your status to visitor based on your wife being too pregnant to travel.

prapplicant

Jan 25, 2010
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Sep-2011
Leon said:
Depending on where you are, there may be some free clinics. Where has your wife been going for her pregnancy care? Private insurances usually do not pay for pregnancy related expenses if she is already pregnant when you got the insurance.

If you do not get the LMO, you can apply to change your status to visitor based on your wife being too pregnant to travel.
Thanks Leon. I am in Toronto downtown. She does go to a Community Health Centre.
So the CIC will give a Visitor status within time?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They can not deport you when she can't travel. Besides, if you apply now to change your status to visitor visa and you apply through the mail, the processing time is so long that you will not even get an answer for 4 months during which time you have implied status because you are waiting for an answer and that means you can stay at least until you hear back.