+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnant Spouse after receiving ITA

logan7771

Full Member
Mar 25, 2017
22
0
Hi Guys,

I just received my ITA and I am about to take the process ahead and apply for the PR. My wife is 3 months pregnant with our first child. While filling the application form we were asked if we have any children. Should we say YES and add the 3rd person to our list? I know that the medicals (X-ray) might only be possible after she delivers which means I will eventually have to update my application. But currently, we have 90 days to submit our application and paper work and I wanted to check if we should select YES when asked if we have children?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Regards
 

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
5,426
273
NOC Code......
2172
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Congratulations! You don't yet have any children, so answer no. Explain in your loe that you can't have an x-ray until your baby is born. Be sure to show enough funds for a family of 3 as that will make it easier later. Once the baby is born inform cic and then you can go ahead with your medicals. Your application will not be processed until the medicals have been completed.
 

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
1,115
185
India
NOC Code......
6221
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
logan7771 said:
Hi Guys,

I just received my ITA and I am about to take the process ahead and apply for the PR. My wife is 3 months pregnant with our first child. While filling the application form we were asked if we have any children. Should we say YES and add the 3rd person to our list? I know that the medicals (X-ray) might only be possible after she delivers which means I will eventually have to update my application. But currently, we have 90 days to submit our application and paper work and I wanted to check if we should select YES when asked if we have children?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Regards
you cannot say yes before the child is born.
You can go ahead with rest of the procedure except x-ray, your application will stay on hold till you submit the X-ray.
Do seek opinion of others who have gone through a similar situation.
 

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
31,590
7,139
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
kryt0n said:
Once the baby is born inform cic and then you can go ahead with your medicals. Your application will not be processed until the medicals have been completed.
They must complete the medicals now, not after the baby is born. If they choose not to have the wife's x-ray done, the Panel Physician will issue a deferral letter for her to complete the x-ray after the birth.
 

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
5,426
273
NOC Code......
2172
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
canuck_in_uk said:
They must complete the medicals now, not after the baby is born. If they choose not to have the wife's x-ray done, the Panel Physician will issue a deferral letter for her to complete the x-ray after the birth.
I meant x-ray, not medicals.