+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

pregnant,have pr visa,should get baby born in india /canada?

neeta

Jan 2, 2006
Hi,

I am expecting my baby in april. I have got my visa. Should I give birth to baby in india only or in canada.

My concerns are:

We are 3 people, me my husband and 1 year old son. If I get delivery done in canada( which will be a cesarean as first baby was by cesarean and my doctor has said that 2nd also will be same). How will I take care of my son and new born alone with my husband. In India there are my parents to help.

please suggest what should i do.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Re: pregnant,have pr visa,should get baby born in india /can

Hi

neeta said:
Hi,

I am expecting my baby in april. I have got my visa. Should I give birth to baby in india only or in canada.

My concerns are:

We are 3 people, me my husband and 1 year old son. If I get delivery done in canada( which will be a cesarean as first baby was by cesarean and my doctor has said that 2nd also will be same). How will I take care of my son and new born alone with my husband. In India there are my parents to help.

please suggest what should i do.
IF you give birth in India, before "landing" you and your families visas are then invalid, read the information that came with the COPR. Lots of families in Canada raise children without their parents. You better think this one through.

PMM

neeta

Jan 2, 2006

If my husband goes to canada and I and my son stay here and I get delivery done in india, will my visa and my sons visa become invalid .

I am unaware of rules. what is COPR you mentioned. Please elaborate. It would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance.

JC

Star Member
Aug 25, 2005
Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) is given if your application is sucessful. If your child is born outside of Canada before you land, your visa will be invalid and you will have to make a new PR application for your family.

peterm

Jan 7, 2006

In the applications guide that I read (3900E_Guide.pdf), it states: "Unless notified otherwise, advise CPC-M immediately, by mail or facsimile (905 803-7392) if, following the submission of your application, there are any changes to your family status such as marriage, divorce, births..."

That implied to me that (at least if the application was still in process) it could be updated with the addition of a new baby. Is my interpretation correct?

PMM - are you saying that if the application is already approved then at that point it is too late to update (in the case of a foregn birth) and the Visa is then invalid?

PMM said:
Hi

IF you give birth in India, before "landing" you and your families visas are then invalid, read the information that came with the COPR. Lots of families in Canada raise children without their parents. You better think this one through.

PMM

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005

Hi

peterm said:
In the applications guide that I read (3900E_Guide.pdf), it states: "Unless notified otherwise, advise CPC-M immediately, by mail or facsimile (905 803-7392) if, following the submission of your application, there are any changes to your family status such as marriage, divorce, births..."

That implied to me that (at least if the application was still in process) it could be updated with the addition of a new baby. Is my interpretation correct?

PMM - are you saying that if the application is already approved then at that point it is too late to update (in the case of a foregn birth) and the Visa is then invalid?

PMM said:
Hi

PMM
If the application is in progress then it can be updated, if the COPR has been issued, it cannot.

DancingFeather

Star Member
Jan 31, 2006
:D It is definitely better to have your baby in canada because it will be exactly as PMM said and will be more trouble than its worth.

There are services in Canada given to new mothers and get help. Besides a husband and wife should be together when the baby is born as there is this special bonding that is done. You shouldn't have any problem getting help in Canada. Once you state to the doctor what your case is he can then suggest you who can help you at home while you are recouperating.

I know having a caesarien is always delicate and not easy but its best that you have your baby here and Welcome to canada and congradulations to both of you for the new baby.

SEPTSIXHUIT

Dec 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
EDMONTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH 21/2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
AIP 22 JULY 2013
AOR Received.
07 JUNE 2012
File Transfer...
19 NOVEMBER 2012
Med's Request
22 JULY 2013
Med's Done....
09 AUGUST 2013
Interview........
18-07-2013
Passport Req..
09 AUGUST 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 13 JAN 2014
LANDED..........
13 FEB 2014
I know having a caesarien is always delicate and not easy but its best that you have your baby here and Welcome to canada and congradulations to both of you for the new baby.
FOR SURE, COME HAVE BABY IN CANADA, DO NOT WAIT......PLEASE.

DancingFeather

Star Member
Jan 31, 2006
First of all, you have to declare you are pregnant. If not, you could be deported or not even get on the plane.

Second, the doctor has to declare that it is safe for you to travel & since you get caearians..it may be best to have
your baby in India as your doctor knows your medical past.

Your visas are not invalid because you are pregnant but you have to declare the change.

DancingFeather

Star Member
Jan 31, 2006
Laws change all the time...but if you have your baby in india..you will have to redo your demand..so best to just declare
you are pregnant and they will make the adjustments

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Declare to "whom" that you are pregnant, with what form, and where is that directive found? I've searched CIC's web-site (and found nada). I also notice that PMM didn't make any mention of such a requirement.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
DancingFeather said:
First of all, you have to declare you are pregnant. If not, you could be deported or not even get on the plane.
This is NOT true. You only need to advise CIC when the baby has been born.

DancingFeather said:
Second, the doctor has to declare that it is safe for you to travel & since you get caesarian..it may be best to have
your baby in India as your doctor knows your medical past.
It turns out that doctors in Canada know how to deliver via caesarian section too. I wouldn't worry too much about that - but bringing a copy of your medical file is never a bad idea.

DancingFeather said:
Your visas are not invalid because you are pregnant but you have to declare the change.
I've never seen anything indicating this is the case and I know quite a few people who have come to Canada while pregnant.

Something nobody else mentioned: if your baby is born in Canada, the baby will be Canadian and no sponsorship will be required. You could even return to India after the baby is born if you so desired so you could utilize the services of your family after the birth if you thought that necessary.

TRM2011

Star Member
Aug 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
18-09-2012
File Transfer...
10-10-2012
Med's Done....
04-08-2012
Passport Req..
19-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-02-2013
Have the baby in Canada.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Yes, I would also suggest having the baby in Canada, then going back to India for your family's help if you still feel you need them. That way you and your son will be PRs since you will have 'landed', and the new baby will be a Canadian citizen at birth.
The problem is you will probably have to pay for the delivery, though some provinces give health coverage to PRs right away.

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
computergeek said:
This is NOT true. You only need to advise CIC when the baby has been born.
Thank you!