+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnant Foreign Worker

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
She can stay until the work permit expires without actually working.

dben

Star Member
May 29, 2009
This sounds strange to me. What is wrong with the foreign worker having a baby in her own country?

mamacita

Apr 14, 2010
Nothing at all. She does not want to go back...that is why she chose to become pregnant. She was afraid that after she was fired from her job she would be sent back, and thought that having a baby in Canada automatically allows her to stay. But now it looks like the two of them are in a bit of a predicament. I alsi had thought that it might make sense to have the baby in the Phillipines then immigrate back here after.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It would have been smarter for her to look for another job and get a new LMO. The question is also if she will be covered by health care by the time she has the baby and if not, how they are planning on paying that bill.

dben

Star Member
May 29, 2009
Mamacita
You said "She does not want to go back...that is why she chose to become pregnant".
In my opinion, this is an attempt to circumvent the immigration system. This is an prime example of why the immigration department is asking for more and more background documents and tightening laws for foreign workers to come to Canada. This is very frustrating for genuine workers attemptimg to come to work in Canada.

mamacita

Apr 14, 2010
I completely agree. She should have made sure all of her other affairs were in order first before choosing to have a child. Now she has put a burdon on many other people, and if the two are truly "in love" and want to get married, there is plenty of time for babies when all of that is done. But all that aside, the fact is that there is now a baby and that baby is a part of our family no matter what the circumstances may be, and we have to make sure that it works out in the best interest of that child.

blindsided

Sep 17, 2010
I met a temporary foreign worker in dec. 2008. We dated til Aug 2009, then were married. In nov 2009 we found out we were pregnant. Aug 3, 2010 baby is born.....shall I say a beautiful baby girl. My wife is from the philippines, her work permits are expired, but she was alowed to stay because her app. for permanent residence is still " In Process ". She has now left me, taking our baby girl with her. I can`t contact her by phone, only by e-mail and Facebook. There is NO court order for custody as of yet, but she is NOT replying to my messages. All I want is to see my baby. It is like she fell of the face of the earth. I have taken legal action to prevent her from leaving my city, she has been served, now she has a lawyer who contacted me by e-mail, wanting to talk to my counsel. Am I now caught in a nasty situation? All I wanted was to see my girl, now I am in a battle for my life. I have been to the courthouse 8 days out of 9....battling to see my baby, my wife insists she is not preventing me from seeing my baby but yet she ignores all of my messages. I there anyplace I can turn to? By the way....all of my statements can be backed up by paperwork. My past experience with infants and children is extensive, including me being a foster parent with 2 girls, the list goes on. Just because I am a dad, doesn`t mean I am just a sperm donor....I live in BC, can anyone help? I also have tangible proof of temporary forein workers working illegaly in BC, that goes for my wife too, prior to me meeting her. Will my baby stay if she gets deported for working illegally? Just because I don`t have milk producing boobs doesn`t mean I am inferior as a parent. The time for DADSDEFENCE is now. PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP ME ?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
blindsided: You need a lawyer. If she does get deported, there is no guarantee that the baby will stay in Canada. Get a lawyer.