+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnant during Application Process

Yousra93

Feb 24, 2019
Hi,

i got to know that am pregnant and am in my 3rd month of pregnancy. However, am leaving my job and going back to canada.
but my husband will be staying in Dubai and still his application in process.
is there anyone can help me to write a letter to immigration that am leaving my husband and going back to canada.
and would that help to express the application?
what are the requirement that is required attached to letter shall i send?

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
Have you informed IRCC that you are pregnant? If not, you need to do so. All of that information can be sent via webform.
To answer your other question, no, being pregnant and leaving your husband will not speed up the process for you.

Reactions: Yousra93

Yousra93

Feb 24, 2019
Have you informed IRCC that you are pregnant? If not, you need to do so. All of that information can be sent via webform.
To answer your other question, no, being pregnant and leaving your husband will not speed up the process for you.
am typing a letter to them and attaching doctor test that am pregnant and my husband is the father (Just in case they ask).
could you help me of a format to write a letter

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
IRCC doesn’t care you’re pregnant. It won’t expedite processing either. Be prepared to pay medical costs until you qualify for health care.

CanUK333

Jun 18, 2019
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
Agree with above posters and from personal experience that IRCC will NOT speed up your application because you are pregnant. You need to inform them but they will NOT expedite your case. The only thing that being pregnant does (with your husband's baby) or having children does is add evidence that you are in a genuine relationship. So when they go to assess your relationship they will take the fact that you are pregnant into account but it still won't affect the timeframe.

On another note, make sure you have health care for when you return to Canada. Some provinces have a 3 month wait before your health care resumes/reinstates, others like me here in Manitoba the health care reinstates as soon as you are back.

Reactions: Yousra93

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Agree with above posters and from personal experience that IRCC will NOT speed up your application because you are pregnant. You need to inform them but they will NOT expedite your case. The only thing that being pregnant does (with your husband's baby) or having children does is add evidence that you are in a genuine relationship. So when they go to assess your relationship they will take the fact that you are pregnant into account but it still won't affect the timeframe.

On another note, make sure you have health care for when you return to Canada. Some provinces have a 3 month wait before your health care resumes/reinstates, others like me here in Manitoba the health care reinstates as soon as you are back.
Would add thar being pregnant doesn't guarantee that your relationship will be assessed as a genuine relationship. People assume this so get pregnant.