Pregnant before submitting application post ITA

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Do I still have to submit within 90 days anyway regardless to the pregnancy situation? Or how does my timeline goes in this case?
There are no concessions granted in this process because you are pregnant. The same time requirements apply.

If you haven't yet done your medical, you will need to decide and discuss with the doctor whether to have the x-ray or defer until after the birth. If you choose to defer until after the birth, your app will be placed on hold until you can complete the x-ray. You will then need to add the child to the application.

ash_b

Oct 5, 2015
This is great article. Thanks to everyone who has contributed. Very highly appreciated..

I am in a similar situation wherein my wife is pregnant and due date is 26 Jan 2018.

We're going for medical exam on 28 June 2017 as my last date to submit APR is 19 July 2017.

From what I understood, looks like our application would also be put on hold until baby is born. Post that, I need to get X-ray done for my wife and my to be born child's birth certificate, passport and medical exam.

Suppose I am able to do all this by Feb or March 2018, does my wife need to get medicals done again considering they would be expired by June 2018.

How soon do you think I would get my PR visa considering my case?

ash_b

Oct 5, 2015
just to add on, since medicals are not completed... your file will be on hold till you add your childs documents, wifes completed medicals... and updated PoF also since dependents have increased.

but good thing is you will be out of the pool....
What do you mean by "you will be out of pool"?

moonpat83

Star Member
Sep 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is great article. Thanks to everyone who has contributed. Very highly appreciated..

I am in a similar situation wherein my wife is pregnant and due date is 26 Jan 2018.

We're going for medical exam on 28 June 2017 as my last date to submit APR is 19 July 2017.

From what I understood, looks like our application would also be put on hold until baby is born. Post that, I need to get X-ray done for my wife and my to be born child's birth certificate, passport and medical exam.

Suppose I am able to do all this by Feb or March 2018, does my wife need to get medicals done again considering they would be expired by June 2018.

How soon do you think I would get my PR visa considering my case?
In our case, I had to do my medicals again since they were expiring in 3 months but my wife's completion date was considered on the day she did her Xray post delivery and we had to land in Canada within 1 year of that date. Once the baby's documents are attached it takes only few weeks for you to get a PPR. So suppose you are able to send a complete application by March 2018, you are mostly likely to get a PPR by April or latest May 2018. You will get 60 days from the due date to send the baby's documents, you can send an LOE if you think you need an extension.

ash_b

Oct 5, 2015
In our case, I had to do my medicals again since they were expiring in 3 months but my wife's completion date was considered on the day she did her Xray post delivery and we had to land in Canada within 1 year of that date. Once the baby's documents are attached it takes only few weeks for you to get a PPR. So suppose you are able to send a complete application by March 2018, you are mostly likely to get a PPR by April or latest May 2018. You will get 60 days from the due date to send the baby's documents, you can send an LOE if you think you need an extension.
Thanks. I received my AoR on 19th July and its been almost 2.5 months since then. There has not been any update on my case. Should i expect IRCC to notify me if they have decided to put my case on hold? At least, i was expecting them to proceed with eligibility checks on me (primary applicant) & my wife's profile. Please guide..

shivank211085

Apr 18, 2017
Thanks. I received my AoR on 19th July and its been almost 2.5 months since then. There has not been any update on my case. Should i expect IRCC to notify me if they have decided to put my case on hold? At least, i was expecting them to proceed with eligibility checks on me (primary applicant) & my wife's profile. Please guide..
I am in similar situation and my wife due date is OCT 15, could you please let us know if below documents will be sufficient to proceed further:

1. Uploading the medical details (X-ray) provided by clinic.
2. Uploaded hospital discharge papers.
3. Additional family info (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5406E.pdf) IMM5406E
4.You can attach letter of explanation as well.

my child is going to born in canada and Birth certificate is going to take time 6-8 week, is that mandatory or the above documents should do, kindly confirm?

Regards
Shivank

Apr 16, 2018
Hi we are in the same situation.can you please let us know if LOE has to be signed and given by primary applicant or the spouse?
Your file will be put on hold after your wife goes through medicals and the doctor provides you with a Xray deferral form which you need to attach along with a LOE about the pregnancy. After that you'll receive a message from CIC that you application has been put on hold and you wont hear from them for 5-6 about months.

They will ask for the baby's due date and accordingly give you sufficient time (30 days in our case which got extended to 90 since we couldn't get the necessary documents for the baby on time) to get all the baby's documents, wife's medical etc. ready. Most likely you will have to get your medicals done again too if there are less than 3 months remaining for your medicals to expire. After you submit the documents the process is pretty quick, we submitted our documents on 26th Dec and got the PPR on 6th Jan.

maan1982

Feb 22, 2018
Grateful, if u can share ur timeline of IP1, IP2,etc what happened to ur case after deliver?
I am also in same situation my Aor is 15 July 2018, due date is Dec 2018

pseetha

Jan 1, 2018
Your file will be put on hold after your wife goes through medicals and the doctor provides you with a Xray deferral form which you need to attach along with a LOE about the pregnancy. After that you'll receive a message from CIC that you application has been put on hold and you wont hear from them for 5-6 about months.

They will ask for the baby's due date and accordingly give you sufficient time (30 days in our case which got extended to 90 since we couldn't get the necessary documents for the baby on time) to get all the baby's documents, wife's medical etc. ready. Most likely you will have to get your medicals done again too if there are less than 3 months remaining for your medicals to expire. After you submit the documents the process is pretty quick, we submitted our documents on 26th Dec and got the PPR on 6th Jan.
Did you move to Ip2 after u submitted the new born's documents? or u were already in Ip2 before you submitted those documents?

ludel1722

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
Did you see changes on your profile while waiting? or did everything remain the same?