+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnant before submitting application post ITA

alstar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2015
LANDED..........
07-08-2017
Hi Guys,

I am planning to submit my application soon post ITA and my wife is pregnant. Does anyone know what are the steps that I need to follow to let CIC know about this and in case we are granted COPR, I will arrive with my child who isnt mentioned in the application when I submit it.

Will I have to attach a letter of explanation in the supporting documents section?

-A

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
alstar said:
Hi Guys,

I am planning to submit my application soon post ITA and my wife is pregnant. Does anyone know what are the steps that I need to follow to let CIC know about this and in case we are granted COPR, I will arrive with my child who isnt mentioned in the application when I submit it.
Hi

You don't need to mention the pregnancy. If the child is born before you land as a PR, you MUST inform IRCC and add the child to your app. If the child is born outside of Canada after you land, you will need to sponsor him/her. If the child is born in Canada after you land, you don't need to do anything.

moonpat83

Star Member
Sep 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi you need to inform Cic about your situation and they will keep your application on hold until the baby is born. That will enable you to add the baby to your application (you'll need to add passport, birth certificate and medicals of the baby) otherwise you will have to wait a year for family sponsorship program which is a hassle

moonpat83

Star Member
Sep 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alstar said:
Hi Guys,

Will I have to attach a letter of explanation in the supporting documents section?

-A
Did you go through medical exams? if yes then the physician should have known your wife was pregnant and they would give you Xray deferral form which you can attach to let Cic know about the pregnancy. Your wife should not get her Xray done during pregnancy as it is not recommended during pregnancy

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moonpat83 said:
Did you go through medical exams? if yes then the physician should have known your wife was pregnant and they would give you Xray deferral form which you can attach to let Cic know about the pregnancy. Your wife should not get her Xray done during pregnancy as it is not recommended during pregnancy
just to add on, since medicals are not completed... your file will be on hold till you add your childs documents, wifes completed medicals... and updated PoF also since dependents have increased.

but good thing is you will be out of the pool....

rj16

Star Member
May 19, 2015
New Jersey, USA
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
thestunner316 said:
just to add on, since medicals are not completed... your file will be on hold till you add your childs documents, wifes completed medicals... and updated PoF also since dependents have increased.

but good thing is you will be out of the pool....
At what stage is the file will be put on hold? Will CIC continue processing other parts like Background Check etc. How long time will it take to get the PR once I submit wife's X-Rays and baby's PP, Birth Cert. etc.?

moonpat83

Star Member
Sep 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rj16 said:
At what stage is the file will be put on hold? Will CIC continue processing other parts like Background Check etc. How long time will it take to get the PR once I submit wife's X-Rays and baby's PP, Birth Cert. etc.?
Your file will be put on hold after your wife goes through medicals and the doctor provides you with a Xray deferral form which you need to attach along with a LOE about the pregnancy. After that you'll receive a message from CIC that you application has been put on hold and you wont hear from them for 5-6 about months.

They will ask for the baby's due date and accordingly give you sufficient time (30 days in our case which got extended to 90 since we couldn't get the necessary documents for the baby on time) to get all the baby's documents, wife's medical etc. ready. Most likely you will have to get your medicals done again too if there are less than 3 months remaining for your medicals to expire. After you submit the documents the process is pretty quick, we submitted our documents on 26th Dec and got the PPR on 6th Jan.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moonpat83 said:
Your file will be put on hold after your wife goes through medicals and the doctor provides you with a Xray deferral form which you need to attach along with a LOE about the pregnancy. After that you'll receive a message from CIC that you application has been put on hold and you wont hear from them for 5-6 about months.

They will ask for the baby's due date and accordingly give you sufficient time (30 days in our case which got extended to 90 since we couldn't get the necessary documents for the baby on time) to get all the baby's documents, wife's medical etc. ready. Most likely you will have to get your medicals done again too if there are less than 3 months remaining for your medicals to expire. After you submit the documents the process is pretty quick, we submitted our documents on 26th Dec and got the PPR on 6th Jan.
thats quite informative... +1

quick question - so according to you even without medicals being completed, background check was already done you think for both of you ?

moonpat83

Star Member
Sep 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thats quite informative... +1

quick question - so according to you even without medicals being completed, background check was already done you think for both of you ?
Our medicals were completed except my wife's Xray so i guess they were waiting for that to close the application. The baby's documents are quite straightforward.

monikachirag

Jan 19, 2017
Hi, we submitted our application on 24th March, but did not submit my X-Ray, since i am pregnant. Now yesterday, I got a request letter from CIC in my profile asking me to submit the child's passport and birth certificate, along with forms IMM5406 and IMM0008 and also asking me to pay $150 for child. Now the point is that i explained clearly in my LoE that my expected delivery date is mid of August, but they want all these documents in the next 30 days.

I have sent them an email that I will only be able to submit the documents after the baby is born. Now, do i need to raise a case through WebForm as well or shall I wait for their reply? Considering I only have 30 days, I am not sure on what should i do?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

aunty acid

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
Hi, we submitted our application on 24th March, but did not submit my X-Ray, since i am pregnant. Now yesterday, I got a request letter from CIC in my profile asking me to submit the child's passport and birth certificate, along with forms IMM5406 and IMM0008 and also asking me to pay $150 for child. Now the point is that i explained clearly in my LoE that my expected delivery date is mid of August, but they want all these documents in the next 30 days.

I have sent them an email that I will only be able to submit the documents after the baby is born. Now, do i need to raise a case through WebForm as well or shall I wait for their reply? Considering I only have 30 days, I am not sure on what should i do?

Thanks!
You should raise a cse as soon as possible

moonpat83

Star Member
Sep 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Thanks!
Send them a letter of explanation in the field where they ask for the baby's documents telling them about the due date and also attach doctor's reports that has the date mentioned on it. Raising a case did not help me as i never got a response from them but sending the LOE did give me enough time to get the baby's documents in order.

Canadianspirit

Feb 2, 2017
What if am the primary applicant who is pregnant all my documents are ready to go for submission along with my husband's
What is the order of procedures I need to go about this?

Thank you

Our medicals were completed except my wife's Xray so i guess they were waiting for that to close the application. The baby's documents are quite straightforward.
m the primary

moonpat83

Star Member
Sep 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What if am the primary applicant who is pregnant all my documents are ready to go for submission along with my husband's
What is the order of procedures I need to go about this?

Thank you

m the primary
If your documents are ready to go, you can consider submitting them but you have to notify Cic anyway otherwise you will not be able to add the baby to your application. Also consider the timeline with your due date and potential landing date. Your medicals will be valid only for a year from the time you took them and that is the latest date you have in which to land in Canada. You will need enough time after the baby is born to get their documents in order.